Paul Green no longer QLD origin coach

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Billy Slater offered a 3 year contract by the QRL, although there seems to be some concerns he (or his manager) is pricing himself out of the job.

in other news, Vlandys and the ARLC have banned Mal Meninga from acting as a senior mentor for Slater given his status as the Australian coach

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Slater has reportedly rejected the QRL's offer.

M

mstreet

QCup Player
Sep 3, 2020
Besides being maybe the greatest fullback to have played the game, what coaching has he done?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Billy Slater offered a 3 year contract by the QRL, although there seems to be some concerns he (or his manager) is pricing himself out of the job.

in other news, Vlandys and the ARLC have banned Mal Meninga from acting as a senior mentor for Slater given his status as the Australian coach

They really love to get involved in things don’t they, but hey Melbourne consult a referee or family member there of, we’re all sweet here.

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
Remember, the allegedly best fullback was deposed by Boyd a few years back

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Slater has signed a two year deal to coach the Maroons. will be announced tomorrow morning.

Slater still working out his team of assistants

QRL also still exploring whether to hire a senior mentor for Slater (Like Bennett)

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Complete prick of a club player, but you know he'll do everything right by QLD.

Really like this signing.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Hopefully he manages to get Smith involved somehow too.
Yeah, I don't think cronk will be there so Smith and JT would be there in some capacity.

Cronk is too much of a media whore anyway.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
Complete prick of a club player, but you know he'll do everything right by QLD.

Really like this signing.

I'm really not a fan of a complete rookie being an Origin coach. He's not even been head coach at a club, here or overseas, even in a lower grade.
It's a massive leap of faith.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Hopefully he manages to get Smith involved somehow too.

Interesting yesterday at QRL awards Donaghy said of the big three Slater will make the best coach easily.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I'm really not a fan of a complete rookie being an Origin coach. He's not even been head coach at a club, here or overseas, even in a lower grade.
It's a massive leap of faith.

Those were the options, leaps of faith. Bennett was never an option for the head coach role and neither was Meninga.

Out of all of the candidates, he seems to be the one most likely to be successful. He's a student of the game and is very knowledgeable. According to some reports, even during his playing days for QLD, he was apparently taking on a coaching role.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Interesting yesterday at QRL awards Donaghy said of the big three Slater will make the best coach easily.

People in the QRL thought Paul Green was a good option over him. Forgive me for not giving a shit about what anyone there thinks there about coaches.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
People in the QRL thought Paul Green was a good option over him. Forgive me for not giving a shit about what anyone there thinks there about coaches.

is he talking about the Donaghy who is our CEO or is there another one in the QRL?

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
Those were the options, leaps of faith. Bennett was never an option for the head coach role and neither was Meninga.

Out of all of the candidates, he seems to be the one most likely to be successful. He's a student of the game and is very knowledgeable. According to some reports, even during his playing days for QLD, he was apparently taking on a coaching role.
Yes, definitely understand the options were limited.
Still not a fan, but not much choice.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
is he talking about the Donaghy who is our CEO or is there another one in the QRL?

I assumed it would be the CEO mate.

He was speaking at a QRL event, to the QRL, about the QRLs coaching decisions and what he thinks. Again. Forgive me for not giving a shit what all those people think about the QLD coaching ranks.

Active Now

• Canga
  • Strop
  • Alec
  • Griffo
  • The Don
  • Allo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.