NEWS Payne Haas retracts immediate release from Broncos then

He won't be here next year, that's obvious but that is better for us in the long run as we could far better use his money elsewhere and while a great player, can do without his off field stupidity and friendship circle. As long as he puts in for the rest of the year and does not pull another one of these stunts, that's great because we are a legit chance at the title if everything goes well (and it is a big if). Putting it into the off season works out best for us too as no doubt Donuts and Ikin know he is gone but this allows us to plan for that.

I am not even sure we need to go to market for any position either, who would have thought that 3 months ago. I am not saying don't look around of course but what we currently have and what is coming through behind it, we are tracking amazingly well.

Losing Haas allows us to keep and/or upgrade Cobbs, Herbie, Patty, Kobe, TMM, Paix and retain Oates, etc. This is far more important than keeping a moron who has disrespected the club and is as thick as a brick.

I mean, this is our forward pack without Haas:
8. Jensen
10. Carrigan
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

15. Flegler
16. Palasia/Willison
17. Robati/Piakura/Te Kura

I'll take that over keeping this idiot who thinks he is bigger than the club any day.
No love for kennedy? I know he is one of the favourite punching bags here, but he has been good this year as an impact forward.

Although he may not have as high a ceiling as others listed and the occasional penalty, he is good depth with nrl experience, and the broncos have scored tries off the back of his quick play the balls.

No love for kennedy? I know he is one of the favourite punching bags here, but he has been good this year as an impact forward.

Although he may not have as high a ceiling as others listed and the occasional penalty, he is good depth with nrl experience, and the broncos have scored tries off the back of his quick play the balls.

I have some love for Kennedy definitely, just not enough clearly to have remembered him.

After listening to the Ikin interview yesterday I was picturing us getting back to our powerhouse selves and the point where if you're a junior and you leave then that's it for you.

Look at Fifita... he doesn't look happy at the titans and apparently they're trying to move him on anyway, broncos have put up the no vacancy sign to him and Uncle Wayne has already spent half his cap on forwards so further investment for a $700k forward may not be viable.

He could effectively be out in the wilderness when it comes to staying in SEQ and possibly looking at a move to Sydney, which he didn't want to do only 2yr ago.

Walsh is looking burnt out after 18 months in first grade and is required to carry a hopeless warriors side, and soon he'll be relocating to NZ.

I want Walsh back at the broncos, but we may have already moved on to Cobbo, Ezra, Mozer, Gray, etc. and that's where we put our focus as an organisation, instead of going back to an ex.

If Ikin can get this broncos ship turned around and get our production line correct moving forward it could become a one and done for juniors, where you bide your time and earn the jersey... but if you up and head off, then that's it as far as representing the broncos because we've already moved onto the next.
Err, he doesn't HAVE to move! He's on over a million and lives on the waterfront, so to speak. He's hardly in a terrible place. Another thing, his current situation and the Titans themselves may improve. We all know that if you start winning a few games how the world is suddenly better! We Broncos fans definitely know!

He never attracts headlines by please, he's the least penalised forward we have! Can we stop with the fake stuff😉

Ikin talks Turpin and Haas release requests, and explains what the various levels of staff do, including his job vs Kevvie's.

Here is what Staggs said Haas told team mates before the Titans game:

“He just said don’t worry about what has come out in the media, it is pretty fake there and he just said ‘keep your heads down, we are here to win a game so let’s all go out and win and whatever happens, happens’,” Staggs said

The only issue is, there's **** all out there.

Is anyone in SL worth pursuing for a 2 year deal, we need to make the most of the time we have with Reynolds because a player like him might not come around for another decade or more.
Don't discount the possibility of ARey extending. If he's still going good at the end of his current contract he will still only be 33-34....

I think Brisbane fans should continue to boo him for the rest of the year......

Here is what Staggs said Haas told team mates before the Titans game:

“He just said don’t worry about what has come out in the media, it is pretty fake there and he just said ‘keep your heads down, we are here to win a game so let’s all go out and win and whatever happens, happens’,” Staggs said
Yeah it definitely sounds like he doesn't want to be here. Imagine being the highest paid player at a club at 22 years old and wanting more money.

Jesus Christ

He won't be here next year, that's obvious but that is better for us in the long run as we could far better use his money elsewhere and while a great player, can do without his off field stupidity and friendship circle. As long as he puts in for the rest of the year and does not pull another one of these stunts, that's great because we are a legit chance at the title if everything goes well (and it is a big if). Putting it into the off season works out best for us too as no doubt Donuts and Ikin know he is gone but this allows us to plan for that.

I am not even sure we need to go to market for any position either, who would have thought that 3 months ago. I am not saying don't look around of course but what we currently have and what is coming through behind it, we are tracking amazingly well.

Losing Haas allows us to keep and/or upgrade Cobbs, Herbie, Patty, Kobe, TMM, Paix and retain Oates, etc. This is far more important than keeping a moron who has disrespected the club and is as thick as a brick.

I mean, this is our forward pack without Haas:
8. Jensen
10. Carrigan
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

15. Flegler
16. Palasia/Willison
17. Robati/Piakura/Te Kura

I'll take that over keeping this idiot who thinks he is bigger than the club any day.
100% nailed it

Yeah it definitely sounds like he doesn't want to be here. Imagine being the highest paid player at a club at 22 years old and wanting more money.

Jesus Christ

Staggs isn't much different in a lot of ways. He put himself on the market because he expected a Fifita style bidding war for him and it never happened. He didn't get an offer significantly better then ours.

Staggs isn't much different in a lot of ways. He put himself on the market because he expected a Fifita style bidding war for him and it never happened. He didn't get an offer significantly better then ours.
He's already overpaid as far as centres go so I can't see him making more elsewhere. Luckily for us...

That situation was a lot more understandable given our position of coming off a spoon at the time and his form was insane. I think we did the right thing he's one of the few genuine strike centres in the game and he's so much more complete this year as a player.

Payne's makes no sense considering how much right we've done by him, giving him a 6 year contract at 18 that makes him our highest paid player was very risky but we believed in him and nurtured his development. Stuck by him through his off field bullshit and tabled him another long term deal to make him the second highest paid forward in NRL history.

I have no real qualms with Staggs situation except for how poorly the club managed it. They let it drag out far too long. Unlike Haas, Staggs at least had the decency to wait until he was off contract.

Active Now

• barker
  • Bish
  • Jedhead
  • thenry
  • Mr Fourex
  • bb_gun
  • Maroon4life
  • broncoscope
  • MrRobot
  • broncos4life
  • mrslong
  • Mister Wright
  • Broncorob
  • Dash
  • Foordy
  • Battler
  • Justwin
  • Wolfie
  • broncs30
  • BroncoFan94
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.