Players you follow

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Simple thread really, list a few of the individual players whose careers/games you follow (non Broncos & not the "obvious" (Cam Smith, JT, GI, Slater) QLDers) and the reasons why you're interested/like these players.

So my list isn't too long and repetitive, I've listed my players by the reasons I watch them.

Genuine Interest
Edrick Lee- I think this kid could have a big future and he's a Mt. Gravatt Easts boy. Although I hate the Eagles, he's still a southsider.

Kevin Locke- Such a promising future, I hope for NZ sake he can be a force.

Lewis Brown- An ugly playing style...lol such mongrel, although I doubt he ever be a real force, but I love watching him trying hard in the middle.

Shaun Johnson- Early days, but maybe the great Cuzzie Bro hope?

Tariq Sims- I fear 2013, if NSW get the Tamou, Grant, (myth) Williams and this guy all firing.

Antonio Winterstein- Ex-Bronco, would still like to have him, especially this year.

David Mead- PNG boy and has some wheels.

Adam Blair- This guy has struggled since joining Tigers, but always grows 6 inches when he throws on the black & white

Luke Lewis- Since his position change and burst back onto the scene as a backrower, I've watched Lewis and wondered how much more he can grow as a player. He is an excellent leader and has the ability to change a game.

Matt Ballin- The only Sea Eagle I can handle to look at. Except for being behind the greatest Hooker in the history of RL, he would be QLDs first pick every year.

Justin Hunt- Gold Coast boy, time will tell but he may feature in the Brisbane/QLD future.

James Graham & Gareth Ellis- Love to see a pom trying themselves in the hardest comp in the world. Unless your name is Sam Burgess.

Ben Barba- No explanation needed.

Benji- The footballer who only needs one name. He is incredible for Trans Tasman RL.

Sam Kasiano- Let's hope he brings what we think he has to the kiwis.

Hatred
Issac Luke- Words can't describe how much I hate this idiot.

Jared Waerea-Hargreaves- I don't want to talk about it.

Brett Stewart- His nick name is snake. I'll leave that with you. (p.s. could I just insert Manly (-Ballin) in their entirety here?)

For the lolz
Jamal Idris- The lolz I get from watching this guy never get old.

Beau Scott- Seriously, look me in the eye & tell me you don't snicker every time he gets hit.

Manu Vatuvei- I lolz whenever the kiwis name this guy. For every time he runs over or bumps off a tackler, he drops the ball 4 times. It's an excellent ratio.

I know there's more, but I leave it to that for now.

One of my favourite non-Broncos and Roosters Is Greg Bird. Agree with what you said about Jared Waerea-Hargreaves he is a damaging player but a stupid one as well.

One of my favourite non-Broncos and Roosters Is Greg Bird. Agree with what you said about Jared Waerea-Hargreaves he is a damaging player but a stupid one as well.

Can't you read? Hammo said he doesn't want to talk about it!

Shaun Fensom
Manu Vatuvei
Konrad Hurrell
Matt Bowen
Tautau Moga
Edrick Lee
David Williams
Bryce Gibbs

To be perfectly honest, none. I barely even follow the other games beyond the results. My interest in footy outside of the Broncos, QLD and Tests is pretty minimal.

Can I just say anybody in my fantasy line-up?

This.

Particular shout out to Shaun Kenny Dowall. Not only has he led me to many a fantasy victory, but he is a super obedient First Try Scorer. Hardly ever scores first if I don't back him and frequently does so when I do. And with SBW inside him next year, I'll test out if he's an obedient top try scorer too.

Candice Falzon scored quite well with Sonny Bill inside her in the Eastern Suburbs...

To be perfectly honest, none. I barely even follow the other games beyond the results. My interest in footy outside of the Broncos, QLD and Tests is pretty minimal.
Same for me. I like to watch the occasional great game between other teams but for the most part watch only Broncos, QLD and AUS play.

Yep, I'll watch both Friday night footy games and if the kids are cooperating, will watch the Sunday game, but other than that I don't go out of my way to listen/pay attention to it.

If I'm really keen I'll watch the Sunday footy show (I record it every sunday...haven't watched it for about 6 weeks).

I used to enjoy Sunday games but I'm just over it now because of all the ads so I only really watch it now if it's the Broncos.

If both Friday night games were live I'd probably watch both games every week whereas now it's maybe one in 5 times that I'll watch the second game as well.

I used to enjoy Sunday games but I'm just over it now because of all the ads so I only really watch it now if it's the Broncos.

If both Friday night games were live I'd probably watch both games every week whereas now it's maybe one in 5 times that I'll watch the second game as well.

Yeah, I'll only watch the Sunday game if it's quality. Saw the half time score of Manly-Eels and so didn't bother at all.

Yeah, I'll only watch the Sunday game if it's quality. Saw the half time score of Manly-Eels and so didn't bother at all.
Same lol. Saw 28-0 or what ever it was and thought it wasn't worth the effort of 40 minutes of ads.

I won't watch delayed footy so the Sunday arvo game on 9 and the second game on Friday night never get watched by me. **** delayed sport, way too many ads in it.

Looks like we're turning this into a viewership thread. I'll join in too!

Generally watch around 4 games a week as well as 2 NYC games prior to the Saturday and Sunday Fox telecasts. Like you guys I tend to avoid delayed games because ads completely take me out of the contest entirely (as well as knowing the result). For all the other games I tend to rely on NRL.com's highlights, NRL Stats and NRL Xtra to fill me in. If the match sounded genuinely entertaining I tend to watch it through NRL.com's videos.

Usually I catch a Broncos replay a day or two after the game just to make see if there was anything I missed. It also allows me to concentrate on the defence & the performance of our playmakers.

I remember I posted a list of players I like. It was pretty long, think it was like half the competition so don't think I'll bother again. :haha: But yeah, I have a deep respect for anyone who plays the game tough but fair, does the 1%ers properly and rises for the big games.

I usually watch the 3 games per week, maybe one online if it's a good match up. I record the Sunday game and watch it later, just skips the ads, takes me about 3 seconds to skip each ad set so much easier to watch.

Back on topic, there are quite a few players I like to follow in games but can I ask, the interest in Adam Blair, was that after his toe to toe incident with Glenn Stewart last year? I had absolutely no interest in Blair as a player before that, but after the incident I suddenly found myself barracking for him... well.. my enemy's enemy is my friend does ring true...

Online streaming can be great for Sunday games...

I must say one player who I don't own in fantasy but I still like to watch is Shaun Johnson -- and for that matter, the entire Warriors team. Some of the improvisational plays Johnson comes up with is superb and if he can develop to his potential I think he is going to be more exciting than Benji Marshall. And if the NZ International team can get Marshall, Luke, Johnson, SBW, Mateo and Matulino all on the field in the same game, then for the first time in ages I'll be excited to watch an international.

I watch 4-5 games a week. Both Friday night games (sometimes), 7.30 Saturday night game, 1 Sunday game and the Monday night game. I'm starting to watch the live Sunday game more often, the 4pm game is strewn with ads.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.