NEWS Plod Haas

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Reading the court records - He, in the presence of his Mrs whos preggers, threatens a female police officer, uses degrading language and threatens them verbally saying hes ready for an altercation. What a fucking idiot. Disgusting behaviour from someone who claims he is relgious and humble and is representing the Broncos brand.

Freddy should ban him from blues selection, NRL should give him 6-8 games and fine him in the region of 100k, and or forfeit match payments. Last chance saloon for him.
Guarantee you if a high profile player from any other club did this BHQ would be skewering them en masse.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Guarantee you if a high profile player from any other club did this BHQ would be skewering them en masse.

Maybe but our team has like three good players and he’s one of them, so it kind of makes sense.

abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
Agree that Walters looked like a goose not being prepared for the obvious questions.

Going to be a long season.
Not sure about that, he was apparently at a promotion for a boxing match in Townsville next week. Why should he answer questions about a different sport and take the focus away from the actual subject of the presser?

B

Broncs_Fan

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2015
Not sure about that, he was apparently at a promotion for a boxing match in Townsville next week. Why should he answer questions about a different sport and take the focus away from the actual subject of the presser?

He’s the Head Coach of the Brisbane Broncos. Not the kind of job you clock off from. Sorry.

abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
He’s the Head Coach of the Brisbane Broncos. Not the kind of job you clock off from. Sorry.
It's not about him clocking off, more that it's pretty unfair to the people who organised a press conference to talk about an upcoming fight for "journos" to then use it as a vehicle to repeatedly ask questions about footy even after they've been asked to stay on topic. I dare say they'll have ample opportunities to ask him football questions when he's at Broncos press conferencea, training, and via the usual channels.

B

Broncs_Fan

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2015
It's not about him clocking off, more that it's pretty unfair to the people who organised a press conference to talk about an upcoming fight for "journos" to then use it as a vehicle to repeatedly ask questions about footy even after they've been asked to stay on topic. I dare say they'll have ample opportunities to ask him football questions when he's at Broncos press conferencea, training, and via the usual channels.

If the Brisbane Broncos Head Coach attends any sort of press conference, he'll be asked questions about the Broncos. Just the reality. I really want to like Walters but acting like he did showed a lot of naivety.

Last edited:
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
If the Brisbane Broncos Head Coach attends any sort of press conference, he'll be asked questions about the Broncos. Just the reality. I really want to like Walters but acting like he did showed a lot of naivety.

would you say the same thing about Bennett ... because he has done the same thing on multiple occasions. for that matter, so have most coaches at some point.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
For everyone saying Walters did poorly with storming out of the interview.... You are coming onto a Payne Haas thread after he just did a stupid, disgusting and embassarassimg thing and discussing...... Kevin walters.....

Deflection and distraction at its finest I think...

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
So, on topic, Haas is proving a liability and is potentially one of the attitude issues at the club, and must be penalised and on his last chance.
And slightly off topic, I'm very annoyed with all this stuff about how badly Haas spoke to a female officer. Why is gender even being mentioned? Haas should be judged for the disrespect with which he spoke to police. It's not worse because one of them was female. Equality is equality. You are either up for the job or you're not.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
I honestly don't know what to make of him these days. A tough upbringing doesn't really help, but he needs to learn from his mistakes now if he wants to be better.
We used to be the place where kids with tough upbringings could come and grow into good footballers but also good men too.

I'm dirty at Payne, but bloody hell, I'm also dirty at the club for not being the place it used to be either. If we're honestly no longer the kind of club that can help these kids turn their lives around then for me we've lost a huge part of our soul.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
So much for good Muslim boy. Blokes a fucking ass hat. I don’t care if he’s good. It’s **** wits like him that have ruined the culture at the Broncos.
Mate, the culture at the Broncos has been on a steady but constant decline since at least as far back as when Haas was still running over the top of kids in high school.

Last edited:
Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
I think a lot of you are overreacting in here.
I get it, what he did was shit, and he should cop a nice big fine to the hip pocket for it, and probably some counseling.

But there are some of you in here calling for a fucking year long suspension, and ripping up his contract, and all sorts of other nonsense.
There has been far worse shit NRL players have done in the past, and copped far less than what some of you are suggesting.

Did anyone get hurt? Did he beat up on his woman? Did he assault a cop? Did he piss in his own mouth while his buddy filmed it? Did he dry hump a dog?
Was he driving under the influence?
Nope.

He used some bad words and threatened some coppers.
Smash him in the hip pocket and move on.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Wolfie
  • Brocko
  • Justwin
  • Jazza
  • MrTickyMcG
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncoscope
  • Foordy
  • Lostboy
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • ChewThePhatt
  • RolledOates
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Johnny92
  • Harry Sack
  • Scorchie
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Sproj
  • Mr Fourex
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.