Post Bundaberg Trial Match - Broncos vs. Cowboys

Catching the second half now, if anyone else wants to watch it, here's the link: Broncos V Cowboys Live Stream - Broncos

I recommend watching it on Google Chrome.

Brisbane started the second half really well. Nothing flashy, just a couple of strong work in the middle from Barr and S'ua earned them nice territory. S'ua made a good run in the lead-up to the Seve try and some smart work around the ruck from Eden was enough to bamboozle a very inexperienced Cowboys left edge. 22-14 Cowboys. Parker's conversion was on target, but it just fell short.

Back to back here. Good play with Parker linking up with Wallace who tipped the ball on extremely well to Milford. Tony hit the gap like a bullet before linking up with Eden trailing on the inside ala Cronk to Slater. The support play from the Broncos was really good. 22-20 Cowboys.

Brisbane put the foot off the accelerator for a few passages, conceding soft penalties that gave the Cowboys a whiff. Fortunately Gillett lifted the team with two big hits in the middle, one forcing allowing the Broncos to capitilise. There was nothing fancy in Kahu's try, but it was a smart kick by Hunt who knew to kick it low in these conditions. 26-22 Broncos.

A nice set after points allowed Milford to earn a repeat set, which provided Whitchurch the impetus to score off a classic Broncos backline movement. 30-22 Broncos.

Ese'ese with a nice run from the kick-off earns Brisbane a penalty that puts them back in attacking range. Once again, the Broncos opt for the short kick and it pays off with another Cowboys mistake. After Parker goes desperately close off a nice ball from Berrell, Hunt dabs one through for Roberts who makes no mistake and extends the Broncos lead. 36-22 Broncos.

Ese'ese with another huge run off the kick off and the Broncos look to be making easy metres. Unfortunately S'ua is pinged for an incorrect play-the-ball but the Cowboys turn the ball over, with Nikorima putting Milford into space with nobody infront of him. 42-22 Broncos.

Back to back to back - Hunt links up with Nikorima for a nice outside inside ball that puts Eden into space and Kodi has the presence in mind to support, scoring a nice try adjacent from the uprights. 48-22 Broncos.

Last edited:
Will there be a highlights package of this game?

A few good touches, but wasn't a standout.

Impressive second half from the Broncos.

I have no idea what happened in the first, so I can only judge the game on what I saw...

The Broncos started where they left off. They built their game with some very solid defence through the middle and were able to polish things off with some superb backline movements. Yes, they were flattered somewhat by a second-string Cowboys outfit and the horrid conditions but you can only play what's infront of you.

Very impressed with the forwards, in particular Jaydn S'ua who didn't look out of place and played the majority of the second half. I had my doubts over him, but wouldn't be surprised to see him receive a call up during the Origin period.

Forwards were good, halves produced some great plays.

Even the coverage was good considering the Broncos had nothing planned until 24 hours beforehand. Great initiative by the club and I'm appreciative of the access.

590698-qst-sua.jpg

He looks like SBW too

Will there be a highlights package of this game?

Possibly. The quality does look kind of shit.

You would think these days there wouldn't be any average quality videos anymore.. I guess those days haven't come yet.

Last edited:
Impressive second half from the Broncos.

I have no idea what happened in the first, so I can only judge the game on what I saw...

The Broncos started where they left off. They built their game with some very solid defence through the middle and were able to polish things off with some superb backline movements. Yes, they were flattered somewhat by a second-string Cowboys outfit and the horrid conditions but you can only play what's infront of you.

Very impressed with the forwards, in particular Jaydn S'ua who didn't look out of place and played the majority of the second half. I had my doubts over him, but wouldn't be surprised to see him receive a call up during the Origin period.

Forwards were good, halves produced some great plays.

Even the coverage was good considering the Broncos had nothing planned until 24 hours beforehand. Great initiative by the club and I'm appreciative of the access.
I would think S'ua is too young for this year. Doesn't turn 19 until the season is over

Watched the first half last night which wasn't much to write home about. Caught the second half on the radio as I had to pop out for a bit, but checked out the replay this morning.

As with any pre season fixture, I wouldn't read too much into it, but looked like a solid hitout for fringe players if nothing else.

Between this and the 9's, looks like we have a few backup options this year in Seve and Opacic (for the wing) and Ese'ese, Arrow and Timu. Optimistic we won't see Whitchurch come round 1.

Based on their respective positions you'd think we're running Oates and Kahu on the left, and Roberts at right centre, hopefully with Opacic on the wing.

Pleasing to see Milf and Niko really spark our attack in that second half. Seven unanswered tries is nothing to sneeze at, regardless of the fixture or conditions.

Woah, enjoying that second half... that pass from Kahu to Milford's second try was slick.

I would think S'ua is too young for this year. Doesn't turn 19 until the season is over

I thought so as well until I saw the trial.

It wouldn't be anything more than just a taste, but if keeps building on this performance, perhaps show what he's capable of for Souths Logan I could see him making a cameo at some point with 2017 being his break-out year.

I thought so as well until I saw the trial.

It wouldn't be anything more than just a taste, but if keeps building on this performance, perhaps show what he's capable of for Souths Logan I could see him making a cameo at some point with 2017 being his break-out year.
He was head and shoulders above our other 20s forwards last year and looked really good. Is he still at school this year, if so they may force him to play yawnion.

I believe he's graduated from Churchie so his Union commitments shouldn't get in the way this year.

Su'A could handle at least a cameo in first grade this year, from what I saw in the trial.

Unread

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Broncosarethebest
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Jazza
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Sanjit Joseph
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mighty Bronx
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Jedhead
  • Fozz
  • MrMoore
  • Broncorob
  • leon.bott
  • Dash
  • Mustafur
  • Bucking Beads
  • Harry Sack
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.