POST MORTEM. Cowboys Broncs Grand Final.

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
Well. We lost Hunt botched it badly.
We wi be missing him for a couple of rounds next season too.
I still support him though.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Shattered doesn't begin to describe it.

Hunt fucked up. Twice. Simple as that. We had the game won, then he speared Linniet, then they scored, then he knocks on in the first touch of golden point. I hope it doesn't curse him.

Welp, getting baked tonight, because damn. That sucked.

Tera

Tera

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2014
It's gonna be a long off season for Hunt. That performance is going to haunt him for a long while. That's the kinda shit can destroy a player.

Crazy Sam

Crazy Sam

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Shattered doesn't begin to describe it.

Hunt ****ed up. Twice. Simple as that. We had the game won, then he speared Linniet, then they scored, then he knocks on in the first touch of golden point. I hope it doesn't curse him.

Welp, getting baked tonight, because damn. That sucked.

He also had the ball stripped off him by Feldt with a minute to go after Milford made the break.

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
Congrats Cowboys btw.
Our strategy of hanging back puts a lot of pressure on our halves to break us out of our half. Hunt cant kick a field goal to save himself so im not surprised be choked in golden point.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Look everyone makes errors but that shouldn't detract from what was an EXTREMELY high quality game. We're a young team and we'll grow from that. They will be so hungry next year and while everyone is naturally disappointed, don't forget we weren't even supposed to be there this year. Congrats to all the boys on what was an epic GF and we are all proud of you. The better team both won and lost, no shame in losing that.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
I can't back those blaming Hunt. Yes, he fucked up. He did not lose us the game.

The spear - yes, silly, but it's how he tackles - around the waist and chops them down. Inspiring when it goes right. I can't hold him to blame for that. And Milf's break in our set afterwards to give us outstanding field position when we were trapped in our half actually negated the spear penalty, so it was no issue.

And Thurston got out of two tackles on that last play. Blame the tacklers, idk who they are right now and I'm in no mood to watch replays. Then Oates comes off his wing onto the inside man who was well covered, leaving the corner open. Our left side defence was what lost us that game, and it's been an issue all year. It let in the only Roosters tries last week. And it lost us the game this week. Reed was busted, didn't help. But they had NO RIGHT to score the equaliser. We had them covered in the middle of the paddock but Thurston got away. We had them covered outside but Oates came in. THAT is what lost us the game.

We were never going to win once it hit golden point. Hunt is not to blame, though I understand why people want a scapegoat. I'd suggest pointing it at the missed tackles and Oates on the wing - which would also probably be unfair. As a team we were below our best, I don't think scapegoating is fair after that. We just weren't good enough.

Strop

Strop

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 28, 2015
So, will it make or break Hunt?
Hopefully he'll come back an even more determined player next year.
hopefully...

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
I can't believe it. Unforgivable from hunt, but I hope that doesn't break him. At least that game can lay claim to being the best gf ever, and at least it was the cows that did it to us instead of a club like the rorters or storm.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I think hunt needs to just work with Lockyer in the off season. Just practice kicking and closing a game out. He's survived all year without those 2 things but it really hurt us when it mattered most.

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
Meh. Say what you want but not stopping that final try, and dropping that kickoff is unforgivable.

**** it

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Tamou, Granville, Parker and Milford were all way better than Thurston. Champion player but no idea how he won that medal.

Because they wanted a fairytale ending.

The cows were robbed in previous years, so give TJ the medal to make amends.

Last edited:
Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
grats cowboys, you didn't deserve fucking shit but you got it ... handed to you on a gold platter

Broncs1459

Broncs1459

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2012
Because they wanted a fairytale ending.

The cows were robbed in previouse years, so give TJ the medal to make amends.

It is sickening.

Why was he allowed so long to take that conversion as well? You shouldn't be allowed 5 minutes just because it is full time.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Allo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Justwin
  • winslow_wong
  • theshed
  • Bucking Beads
  • ell.d33
  • Wolfie
  • Lostboy
  • Inknition
  • pennywisealfie
  • The Boss
  • phoenix
  • Swordfish
  • Fitzy
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.