TIO Stadium

Friday
Night
20:00

Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can beat Parra and the Warriors lose to the Scum, we'll be 4 comp points clear at the top of the table. Invaluable going into the Origin period where we're sure to be cannibalized HARD.

Tomorrow night's game could not be more important for our Top 4 hopes.

If we can beat Parra and the Warriors lose to the Scum, we'll be 4 comp points clear at the top of the table. Invaluable going into the Origin period where we're sure to be cannibalized HARD.

Very important to get that 2 game gap from the rest of the pack.
If we can maintain a gap it could be the deciding factor on whether you rest the big guns for a game before the finals.

If Warriors beat Storm, They are going to lead the comp for me through Origin, they only have 3 key players even eligible in their entire team and I don't see Walker, Montoya or Curran getting a spot.

Left wing is a position up for grabs for NSW and while Montoya is one of the form Wingers on that side playing his best ever season atm it's not ever going to happen because he plays for the wrong team.

If Walsh doesn't get picked which is looking a bit likely atleast right now we might be able to salvage something with an untouched spine, but losing Haas and Carrigan is massive to how we play, I do hope Kevvie doesn't make them back up in this period, it's key to avoid the origin slump for the second half and it's worth sacrificing a game or two to make it happen.

We are gifted having Arthars who will cover likely Cobbo, which is good for him as that is his best side on the right, but the middle will be alot weaker, I don't think Oates will be picked even though he should which will be atleast some good news for reliving our Middles as he is basically a 3rd prop for us(maybe use a soccer term and call him the False Prop).

IT'S GAMEDAY!

NRL2023BHQGamedayRound8

Interesting head to head this week:

1. Walsh (flip of a coin here really because Gutherson is more consistent, Walsh EASILY more x-factor)
2. Sivo (again flip of the coin)
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Cobbo
6. Brown (more consistent, Mam more x-factor)
7. Moses (I am trying to be as subjective as possible and I just don't think Reynolds has been that good comparatively)
8. Campbell-Gillard
9. Walters (Hodgson has looked slow and way past it this season)
10. Haas
11. Lane (this one is for @ZTop )
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Paix
15. Hopgood
16. Hetherington
17. Taupau

I'll be honest, I don't even know three of the names on the Eels' bench.
Their halves are a step above ours. Only Patty and Payne will make their starting foward pack. Our backs are far superior.

Their halves are a step above ours. Only Patty and Payne will make their starting foward pack. Our backs are far superior.
Brown really hasn't stood out this year. It's all been about Moses. Typically he'll prove me wrong tonight!

Who matches up with Sivo? Really worried that he'll score 3+ tries.

Brown really hasn't stood out this year. It's all been about Moses. Typically he'll prove me wrong tonight!

Who matches up with Sivo? Really worried that he'll score 3+ tries.
Will be Cobbo

Probably Berrigan's try against the Dogs in 06 for me.
Yeah. Considering it was in the Preliminary Final, down 20-6 and kickstarted our comeback it has to be up there.

Wrapping up the ball and limiting the amount of offloads against us will go a long way towards containing the Eels.

They're second behind the Tigers in offloads with 85. Their second phase play is a big part of their attack.

In a nasty mood atm I don't give a shit who wins I just want to see some heads ripped off. Don't even care who.

* Moses. Moses head ripped off.

Wrapping up the ball and limiting the amount of offloads against us will go a long way towards containing the Eels.

They're second behind the Tigers in offloads with 85. Their second phase play is a big part of their attack.

This is such a concern because we have shown over the last 3-4 years we do NOT defend second phase play well and are terrible at wrapping up the ball. This year seems an improvement but still not there yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Strop
  • Dash
  • Astro
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • lakers133334
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Battler
  • cento
  • broncos4life
  • Fozz
  • Brocko
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncorob
  • Bucking Beads
  • Redux
  • Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • The Don
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.