Pre-Season

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Tbh it’s the first thing that popped into my mind when he said if you are old and important you get the week off.
It happens every year... the train and trial players and guys on the outskirts of the top 17 are usually first into training.

Rep guys, older guys, etc. are brought in closer to Christmas.

I think last year the full squad weren't all there until the week before everyone was given a break over Christmas... covid pushed the year deeper, but internationals are normally played end of year so those players dont come back straight away.

The RLPA agreement requires players to be given a certain amount of time off every year... the NRL players typically play longer into the year than guys in Qcup or 17/18 year olds that were playing Colts, etc. so the first group first up in November are usually deeper into the top 30

Reyno came in early last year when he wasn't supposed to because he played in the GF.

Herbie came back in January one year, because he was given permission to go to England and see his family.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
It happens every year... the train and trial players and guys on the outskirts of the top 17 are usually first into training.

Rep guys, older guys, etc. are brought in closer to Christmas.

I think last year the full squad weren't all there until the week before everyone was given a break over Christmas... covid pushed the year deeper, but internationals are normally played end of year so those players dont come back straight away.

The RLPA agreement requires players to be given a certain amount of time off every year... the NRL players typically play longer into the year than guys in Qcup or 17/18 year olds that were playing Colts, etc. so the first group first up in November are usually deeper into the top 30

Reyno came in early last year when he wasn't supposed to because he played in the GF.

Herbie came back in January one year, because he was given permission to go to England and see his family.
I know the ”reasons”. I just want to know who else other than our captain was given the privilege. @1910 seems to be in the know. I just want to know who else got a week off? This is the third time I’ve paged him on the matter….. does anybody else know?

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I know the ”reasons”. I just want to know who else other than our captain was given the privilege. @1910 seems to be in the know. I just want to know who else got a week off? This is the third time I’ve paged him on the matter….. does anybody else know?
That's because he read it in the Courier Mail. Article by Travis Meyn.

"But Walters believes Reynolds is shaping up to have an even better campaign next year after reporting for pre-season training this week. Reynolds excelled in fitness testing on Monday and was given extra days off before he ramps up his training load from next week."​

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
That's because he read it in the Courier Mail. Article by Travis Meyn.

"But Walters believes Reynolds is shaping up to have an even better campaign next year after reporting for pre-season training this week. Reynolds excelled in fitness testing on Monday and was given extra days off before he ramps up his training load from next week."​
Thank you.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Staff Edit: If you are unhappy start a chat with staff. Posters are getting sick of this pointless back and forth about the same player / posters having a go at each other in multiple threads. Give it a rest, take it to staff chat or PM each other if you must.

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
Edit: Good points but quoted a deleted post

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
@1910 which other players got the privilege of a week off?

Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Waynesaurus
  • Allo
  • Morkel
  • mitch222
  • Bucking Beads
  • azza.79
  • Gaz
  • bb_gun
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.