PRE-GAME [PRELIMINARY FINAL] Brisbane Broncos vs New Zealand Warriors at Lang Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
They did stay in Australia for 2 years so the comp could continue. I guess they are asking for too much for a kick off time a couple of hours earlier... selfish pricks.
Should have been paying for the privilege if we are being honest.

Yes but short memory my friend.

We were supposed to comfortably take care of the cowboys in 2015….

Things don’t always go the way of the favourites, if they did gambling wouldn’t exist.

Some of us have been damaged, badly, since 2006….and I for one (this may surprise a few of you I know) am terrified of the warriors momentum and am bracing myself for a loss. I’m worried we played OUR GF vs the Storm.

SJ AFB Tohu and CNK are GUNS and can tear us to shreds if we don’t come in absolutely primed.

Warriors by 2 😰

(Superstitions/reverse jinx etc etc)

How do you live like this?

I'm super nervous and half expecting a loss. I think this is because of the (footy) trauma of the past few seasons.

The only thing giving me solace is that we've been in every game, except the Rabbits game way earlier in the season.

I think we've got strike all over the park. Our forwards can and have dominated sides all year. If we get 50% possession and complete at or around 80% we should win. Can we do that though?

Whether we win or lose I'm happy with the season. It's fucking fantastic to be back in the finals!

I'll be there Saturday and I have tickets for the GF.... LFG!

I hope like hell they try to blitzkrieg their way towards Reece Walsh because I know for a fact that won't work.
Yep just like week 1, if warriors focus all their energy on Walsh then Reynolds needs to identify that and take over the attack.

I feel like Reynolds has been playing within himself basically all year and stepping in when Walsh wasn't in the team. He stepped up against storm and they had no answer to him and then eventually it opened up for Walsh to finish off the game.

Yep just like week 1, if warriors focus all their energy on Walsh then Reynolds needs to identify that and take over the attack.

I feel like Reynolds has been playing within himself basically all year and stepping in when Walsh wasn't in the team. He stepped up against storm and they had no answer to him and then eventually it opened up for Walsh to finish off the game.

I think it was a tactic to keep it tight for as long as possible while hopefully building a buffer and then you watch about 50 mins in, suddenly both Walsh and Mam start popping up everywhere. They sensed Melbourne tiring and then suddenly put the foot down and blew them away. We have a smart footy team.

How do you live like this?
Parks And Recreation Thumbs Up GIF

Its a couple of days old now but did anyone see the Payne Hass interview from Monday? Not sure if he's started this "media training" yet but he spoke really well.

He spoke like someone who's matured mentally. It wasn't just rephrasing questions into answers it was actual relevant aspects of the game he talked to and it was clear and concise as if he'd actaully done his homework. Was really impressive to see.

Regarding the game, these ones we are expected to win always make me nervous. A bit like the Raiders and Titans game were we just didn't turn up and they played a top game. If everything goes to script yes we win but finals are a different beast.

I would expect AFB to play big mins this week. Was playing 40mins straight at times middle of this year. Got a nice rest on the weekend.
I agree that their plan will involve having AFB and Tohu on the field for as long as possible.

But if AFB is going to spend time on the field then it will be up to our middles to make sure he's working in defence.

Most tackles he's made this year is 42 vs the storm when they lost... and he played 70mins.

Most games he's making under 30 tackles... vs knights he only made 16 tackles. In week 1 panthers got to him 33 times.

Warriors record when AFB makes sub 30 tackles is far better than when he's made to work in defence.

Patty likes to shoot out of the line and put a shot on early... I think he'll go after Barney or Tohu as they have less footwork than AFB, but holy shit it would send a message if he can get AFB lined up early in the match.

Yes but short memory my friend.

We were supposed to comfortably take care of the cowboys in 2015….

Things don’t always go the way of the favourites, if they did gambling wouldn’t exist.

Some of us have been damaged, badly, since 2006….and I for one (this may surprise a few of you I know) am terrified of the warriors momentum and am bracing myself for a loss. I’m worried we played OUR GF vs the Storm.

SJ AFB Tohu and CNK are GUNS and can tear us to shreds if we don’t come in absolutely primed.

Warriors by 2 😰

(Superstitions/reverse jinx etc etc)

Fraidy Cat . Fraidy Cat . Sittin on the door mat !

I agree that their plan will involve having AFB and Tohu on the field for as long as possible.

But if AFB is going to spend time on the field then it will be up to our middles to make sure he's working in defence.

Most tackles he's made this year is 42 vs the storm when they lost... and he played 70mins.

Most games he's making under 30 tackles... vs knights he only made 16 tackles. In week 1 panthers got to him 33 times.

Warriors record when AFB makes sub 30 tackles is far better than when he's made to work in defence.

Patty likes to shoot out of the line and put a shot on early... I think he'll go after Barney or Tohu as they have less footwork than AFB, but holy shit it would send a message if he can get AFB lined up early in the match.
Good luck trying to get Harris with a shot. His footwork is great just isn't as powerful. Barnett is the one. Niukore is the Martin Lang of the Warriors. Runs it straight and hard.

It is a concern, no doubt about it. Some of our worst footy this season has been after a week off. I don't buy into this "effective" week off because Kev elected to rest a bunch of players. For the most part those players were seasoned rep players, they don't know any other way.

Hmmm the team has 9 guys who have played Origin or represented their country .
Arthars , Mam , Riki and Bill haven`t been reps at highest levels .

So 4 of the starting 13 who aren`t rep players you expect to fold because they had a week off ?
Is that what you are trying to say ? Sounds like crazy talk to me .

Fleger is the one they will want to step .
He is the intimidator .

He has got a few blokes good just lately .

I like how the media have heaped pressure on Ezra Maam having to play the best defensive game of his career to stop AFB..

Because, TMM wont have Flegler, Haas, Carrigan running over the top of him...

I want to see Mam absolutely smack SJ early on, and repeatedly. Just nullify him.

Think we will need more than just Mam on this.

If anything, his absolutely dimwitted decisions, especially the fucking completely useless attempt to kick behind the line he always fails at, is one of the biggest concerns I have for this.

Need to remind him that Reynolds is the brains and the kicker, leave it the **** alone.

Think we will need more than just Mam on this.

If anything, his absolutely dimwitted decisions, especially the fucking completely useless attempt to kick behind the line he always fails at, is one of the biggest concerns I have for this.

Need to remind him that Reynolds is the brains and the kicker, leave it the **** alone.
Oh, for sure. I just want to see the spectacle of Mam’s much improved defence hounding him, along with the rest of our defensive line. I love Ezra’s much improved, hard-hitting defence, and with his speed and agility, he may be one of the few who can rush him without being stepped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • RolledOates
  • Alec
  • leon.bott
  • The Boss
  • Battler
  • Financeguy
  • Rambstien
  • Clintos
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • Jedhead
  • Fozz
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.