Premiership defining game

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
I believe the winner will come from the top four as it stands now. We will feel as though we can beat the Roosters and Cowboys as we have beaten them once already this year. In my estimation no matter what happens from now on our line in the sand game has to be Souths. They will be looking to gather momentum and also beat us to continue their recent domination over us.
If we can put in a great performance against them we will be confident of getting a win against any team in the finals

Yeah i want to beat them this year. Tough though being one game from finals seeing them in your way

That's the only game I'm really worried about, to be honest.

I'm confident we can beat the Roosters. We tend to play better against them in Sydney. Only 5 losses in the past 15 years IIRC.

I'm confident we can knock off everyone else.

But the Rabbitohs game is the one I think we will lose. Inglis loves playing against the Broncos..

Last edited:
The Rabbits game we only have a 5-day turnaround compared to their 6, and if you listen to the rest of the league, that makes a huge difference, so that's gonna take a toll also.

Two ways of looking at it IMO:

The tough run the to finals (Manky, Bulldogs, Dragons, Roosters (3), Souths (4), Storm (5)) will tire us out and deplete our energy. Any sub-par performance could snow ball and we bow out in straight sets.

On the other hand, it's a dress rehersal for the real thing the following week. Quality teams playing quality football. It will play us into some form, we get a good chance (even if we lose) to assess our strengths and weaknesses before the real thing comes along.

I think the value of Bennett his ability to prevent the first scenario coming to fruition where we completely drop the ball. Even if there is a few hiccups, I think he will know how to get into the heads of Milford and Hunt to have them playing well and then he has seasoned grand final and big game winners (Hodges, Thaiday, Parker, Boyd, Blair) there to back them in.

There's just no-one in our squad at the moment I can see having a meltdown in a big game scenario. Perhaps Kahu/Maranta revert to their old ways, but their games aren't built on confidence plays.

Yeah, Souths concern me the most. I know when we play them next it won't be like Round 1, but they have class everywhere, and Luke out of DH is killing it. Maybe it's going to be like the Melb 2006 scenario where we'll only beat them once, but it'll be the game that matters.

Just remember the big teams are more afraid of us than we are of them

The next few weeks will no doubt be nervy, but I wouldn't want anyone other than Bennett coaching us through this period.

Melbourne worry me a lot as well. Cronk will make a huge difference next time we play them.

I think if we go on to win it this year the game against Storm will be the defining win of our season.

To Hold our line against that much possession and that many repeat sets has given our squad huge confidence and trust in the man next to him.

That's premiership winning defence.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • broncos4life
  • Bish
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Jazza
  • barker
  • Allo
  • Johnny92
  • Rambstien
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Big Del
  • Santa
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncsgoat
  • Evander
  • Old Mate
  • HVbronco
  • Sproj
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.