Who Would Win

• QLD City (South East QLD)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
BroncoMatt

BroncoMatt

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
It's a fairly pointless activity, but we roll it out each year.

Here are what the respective City & Country sides would look like if QLD were to run with this ridiclous concept.

Note -
* For the sake of the activity City includes South East QLD - so Sunhine & Gold Coasts
* There are some players who could qualify for either team

The best thing about this exercise is we get to select a winner and our players don't bash the sh!t out of each other.

City

1. K. Hunt
2. I. Folau
3. B. Tate
4. G. Inglis
5. D. Boyd
6. C. Cronk
7. J. Thurston
8. B. Hannant
9. C. Smith
10. P. Civoneceva
11. M. Crocker
12. C. Parker
13. A. Harrison

14. D. Shillington
15. D. Nutley
16. D. Stagg
17. T. Carroll

Country

1. B. Slater
2. M. Bowen
3. W. Tonga
4. J. Hodges
5. A. Graham
6. D. Lockyer
7. S. Prince
8. N. Myles
9. A. Payne
10. S. Price
11. S. Thaiday
12. J. Lillyman
13. D. Johnson

14. C. Webb
15. A. Kafusi
16. PJ. Marsh
17. D. Taylor

Went City as for mine it comes down to the forwards in these battles and City IMO have it just slightly over country. Pretty even in the backs.

I'd be picking country to win that. Although it would be pretty close.

Would be an interesting game to see eusa_think

Country by 10+. They have a better all-around team.

Country. No point having good forwardds when the backs are going to run circles around them!

I'm also biased being a country boy myself.

The Rock said:
Nashy said:
Country. No point having good forwardds when the backs are going to run circles around them!

Huh? Do you mean the Country backs are going to run circles around the City forwards? The City backline is superior to Country's I reckon.

Country have better halves, and i prefer countries back. Sure, City have Inglis and Falou, but Country have Hodges, Slater, Bowen. Tate isnt the same after his neck injury and im sure everyone knows my feelings about Hunt by now.

I'd say City would win that. There are too many combinations in there that would help them. I think on their day, each of the forward packs would be pretty even.

Obviously you have not been watching Tate play.He has been awesome in a very sloppy side.

Have none of you never been to the City Country games at Lang Park? [eusa_eh Great games and we always went for Country.

Actually, I HAVE been watching Tate play. I stand by what I said.

oh yum go COUNTRY!!, i think they could win that. With Hodges, Lockyer, Bowen, Prince, Thaiday, Lillyman, Johnson, Webb, PJ.

I think QLD could run a comp like this. We have so much to choose from these days, especially in the backs. Even in the forwards there's a bit of choice.

PJ and locky would be like unstoppable, if they had time in the Broncs to form good combination that'd be awesome
haha i think QLD needs to run a comp like this.... like we have so much to pick from these days.

Hodges and Locky in the same team is good...Slater in form is definatly one of the best, Bowen in form aswell, maybe let him preserve some energy and play him at Fullback for the last 20 and let him run riot.

it'd be an intresting competition. and man it would be odd for me to sit there and cheer against Hunt, haha.

I reckon that Country side could beat the NSW Origin team. Not being arrogant just that the backline is a hella good. Prince, Lockyer, Hodges,Slater.... Bowen!!! Smashy smashy.

Forwards are pretty good as well. Myles, Price, Thaiday, Johnson.

If Bowen plays on the wing for Country, I'd go as far as putting Inglis on the wing and Boyd in the centres for the City, just so Thurston/Cronk could keep kicking there, and Inglis would absolutely dominate Bowen.

Nutley is the key to a City win [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_drun

Midgey said:
I'd say City would win that. There are too many combinations in there that would help them. I think on their day, each of the forward packs would be pretty even.

Midgey! So now we have the whole QLD set! _woohoo_ [icon_lol1.

I see more weaknesses in the country side than city, especially in defence.

City all the way!! Would be very close though, dont want country bumpkins to win but _woohoo_

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Skathen
  • Fozz
  • broncotville
  • Sproj
  • eggstar10
  • Froosh
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Wolfie
  • HarryAllan7
  • Manofoneway
  • kiwibronco
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BroncosMan
  • Spoon
  • Jeza23
  • lynx000
  • Midean
  • Xzei
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.