QLD Cup Grand Final *spoilers*

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Clintos said:
It is Talapua, who thanks Jesus Christ for his football ability.

Jesus was a pretty fair lock forward for the bethlehem beavers in his day.

M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
Clintos said:
It is Talapua, who thanks Jesus Christ for his football ability.

Jesus was a pretty fair lock forward for the bethlehem beavers in his day.

Not bad, but never had the passing game to make a successful transition to the halves.

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
How great is the QRL, compared to the puss that is Jim Beam Cup.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Gotta celebrate the mighty Western Districts Colts for winning after a few minor setbacks this season (7 players being suspended/cited after a punch up vs Sunny Coast) to come out on top! Woot!!!!! Woot!!!! watchout QRL the Panthers are coming back.

BroncoMatt

BroncoMatt

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
That's now the 3rd year in a row that the team that qualified first for the Grand Final, and therefore getting the week off, has lost the Big One!

Nothing beats match fitness!

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Matt: of those last 3 losing grand finalists, how many also were the minor premiers and so had the week off at the start of the finals? I know Ipswich did.

BroncoMatt

BroncoMatt

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
Matt: of those last 3 losing grand finalists, how many also were the minor premiers and so had the week off at the start of the finals? I know Ipswich did.

Toowoomba were in 2006.
The Young guns were Minor Premiers in '07 but lost both of their Finals Game to Redcliffe and Tweed

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Interesting.

Tweed are sort of the forgotten team huh? Their 2008 crash is pretty amazing considering how dominant they were into the finals and Grand Final last year. Their thumping of Redcliffe in the GF was massive (not to rub it in ;-).

It really hurt them having Brad Davis in particular out for so long at the start of the season.

BroncoMatt

BroncoMatt

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
Interesting.

Tweed are sort of the forgotten team huh? Their 2008 crash is pretty amazing considering how dominant they were into the finals and Grand Final last year. Their thumping of Redcliffe in the GF was massive (not to rub it in ;-).

It really hurt them having Brad Davis in particular out for so long at the start of the season.

They didnt have Davis or Shannon Walker for most of the season. They were their 2 best players from '07 so it left a big hole.
I also believe their is a far bit of in fighting at the club and it would not suprise me to see a fair chunk of this years squad to end up elsewhere

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
BroncoMatt said:
Coxy said:
Interesting.

They didnt have Davis or Shannon Walker for most of the season. They were their 2 best players from '07 so it left a big hole.
I also believe their is a far bit of in fighting at the club and it would not suprise me to see a fair chunk of this years squad to end up elsewhere
They should get booted from the comp and go play NSW RL where they belong! [icon_shady

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yep. The same day they boot the Warriors out of the NATIONAL Rugby League :P

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
It would be interesting to see a full-strength Magpies vs. the winner of the NSW Cup. To make it fair, any player who has played more NRL games than Cup games isn't eligible. Magpies would win imo.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Bucking Beads
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.