QLD Origin side without Bronco players

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
Name your Origin side for Queensland without picking any Bronco players.

Slater
Boyd
Inglis
Chambers
Tate
Thurston
Cronk
Scott
Smith
Myles
T'eo
Cooper
Harrison

Shillington
Papali
Taylor
Barba

Outside of McGuire and Gillett and Parker it doesn't really seem that hard.

1. Billy Slater
2. Dane Gagai
3. Brent Tate
4. Greg Inglis
5. Darius Boyd
6. Jonathan Thurston
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Mat Scott
9. Cam Smith
10. David Shillington
11. Nate Myles
12. Ben Te'o
13. Ash Harrison

14. Chris McQueen
15. Jacob Lillyman
16. Ben Ross
17. Dave Taylor

I was thinking about it today, seeing how everybody complains about how poor the Broncos are, and if they continue to be poor, it just might be possible that all of them will miss out on origin.

Given I think Hodges and Thaiday are the only 2 that will get picked, it's not that difficult. I'd go with something similar to Ari or Big Pete.

The pack is the only place we make a positive contribution.

Given I think Hodges and Thaiday are the only 2 that will get picked, it's not that difficult. I'd go with something similar to Ari or Big Pete.

You don't think Hannant or Gillette are a chance? Not that I think they really deserve it, but I'm sure at least one of them will.

After last series I don't think Gillett should even come into consideration.

Which is a good thing for us.

You don't think Hannant or Gillette are a chance? Not that I think they really deserve it, but I'm sure at least one of them will.

Hannant might play himself back into contention, but not Gillett. He was horrible in last year's Origin, horrible in club footy the rest of the year, and his form so far this year has been better but not outstanding.

i have no doubt they'll select Thaiday/Hannant/Gillett/Hodges, but the only one that they should choose is McGuire (and possibly hodges, but we'll see how many more weeks he misses and how he plays. hes never really been good in origin anyway).

they showed their plan by sticking with Gillett over taylor last year. theyre not gonna go back on that. theyll choose hannant and thaiday because theyve 'been there done that', because we all know thats a great way of selecting rep teams.....smh.

1. Slater
2. Gagai
3. Tate
4. Inglis
5. Boyd
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Shillington
11. Te'o
12. Myles
13. Harrison

14. McQueen
15. Cooper
16. Papalii
17. Kennedy

FWIW the only broncos I would currently pick for QLD are Hodges and Hannant.

Yeah I was about to say. McGuire probably deserves to be there ahead of Hannant.

Fair cop, he completely slipped my mind tbh.

FWIW the only broncos I would currently pick for QLD are Hodges and Hannant.

I wouldnt pick hodges. Has never really stood up in origin. I like Chambers or Gagai for the centre spot alongside inglis. Chambers combination with slater, smith and cronk would really worry NSW

I hope no Broncos get picked.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Porthoz
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.