QLD = state of denial? NSW must be the state of hypocrisy

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/maroons-in-a-state-of-denial/story-e6frexnr-1226034271134

The Daily Telegraph today lifts the lid on the Maroons' darkest secret - their best players hail from around the rugby league world, places like Auckland, Korolevu, Rabaul, Bowraville, Caringbah, Kempsey, Suva, Tenterfield, Minto, Camperdown, Auburn and Christchurch.

So ignoring the fact that state of origin has NOTHING to do with where you are born, the dumb ass writer has also failed to acknowledge all the blues that have played for NSW and weren't born there. Worse yet, the main vocal point of this article is Benny elias. Where was he born? LEBANON!!

The courier mail posted a rebuttal of sorts, its a great read.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-started-already/story-e6frepbx-1226034607798

Being a Queenslander is not about what is written on a piece of paper, it is about who you are and what is in your heart.

With the following list

1. Ken Nagas (Bundaberg), 2. James McManus (Scotland), 3. John Hopoate (Tonga), 4. Timana Tahu (Melbourne), 5. Hazem El Masri (Lebanon), 6. Peter Wallace (Melbourne), 7. Peter Sterling (Toowoomba), 8. Dean Pay (Melbourne), 9. Ben Elias (Lebanon), 10. Justin Poore (Bunbury, WA), 11. Ian Roberts (London), 12. Willie Mason (Auckland), 13. Mario Fenech (Malta). Bench: Brad Clyde (Canberra), Joel Monaghan (Canberra), Ryan Hoffman, (Canberra), Craig Polla-Mounter (Ipswich Grammar, via Melbourne)

Re: QLD = state of denial? NSW must be the state of hypocris

draggx said:
Isnt Wallace a victard?

yup, just edited my post with a full team supplied by courier mail

Bit of a stretch including "Canberra" as outside NSW. Yes, it's technically NOT NSW, but for all intents and purposes has always been considered so for Rugby League eligibility.

I Love the piccy on cover of the Courier Mail. It makes me LOL hard.

That was always a pet peeve of mine, NSW got a choice between not only it's own state but also from the ACT.

Big Pete said:
That was always a pet peeve of mine, NSW got a choice between not only it's own state but also from the ACT.
Oh come on, the ACT is nothing more than a medium sized city in the middle of NSW... [icon_shru

Love, love the pictures in the Courier Mail article! [icon_evillaugh

Porthoz said:
Big Pete said:
Oh come on, the ACT is nothing more than a medium sized city in the middle of NSW... [icon_shru

Love, love the pictures in the Courier Mail article! [icon_evillaugh

I can understand why they include it, but really when they say State vs. State it should be State vs. State and Territory.

The Rock said:
[quote="Big Pete":32eezvrr]That was always a pet peeve of mine, NSW got a choice between not only it's own state but also from the ACT.

How stupid. You're saying it like as though we get an extra advantage like as though we get Victoria as an extra state or something. ACT is just a territory which is nothing but a small city inside NSW. Hence the word "inside". Geographically, it's NSW and that's what should matter.

But I know you're just playing.[/quote:32eezvrr]

It also happens to be a great breeding ground for young talent.

QLD used to be technically part of NSW too, but then they put up an imaginary line around it. Similar to the imaginary line around the ACT in fact.

The Rock said:
[quote="Big Pete":3pj2eh4z]That was always a pet peeve of mine, NSW got a choice between not only it's own state but also from the ACT.

How stupid. You're saying it like as though we get an extra advantage like as though we get Victoria as an extra state or something. [/quote:3pj2eh4z]

Well seeing the list above it seems you do also get Victoria as well [icon_razz1

Flutterby said:
The Rock said:
[quote="Big Pete":3c2tb9ey]That was always a pet peeve of mine, NSW got a choice between not only it's own state but also from the ACT.

How stupid. You're saying it like as though we get an extra advantage like as though we get Victoria as an extra state or something.

Well seeing the list above it seems you do also get Victoria as well [icon_razz1[/quote:3c2tb9ey]
It's only a small state after all... [icon_shady

The Rock said:
[quote="Big Pete":1okqllrf]That was always a pet peeve of mine, NSW got a choice between not only it's own state but also from the ACT.

How stupid. You're saying it like as though we get an extra advantage like as though we get Victoria as an extra state or something. ACT is just a territory which is nothing but a small city inside NSW. Hence the word "inside". Geographically, it's NSW and that's what should matter.

But I know you're just playing.[/quote:1okqllrf]
Dear Canada,
You are geographically the USA and that's what matters.
Love the USA

Porthoz said:
Flutterby said:
The Rock said:
[quote="Big Pete":36qesx7d]That was always a pet peeve of mine, NSW got a choice between not only it's own state but also from the ACT.

How stupid. You're saying it like as though we get an extra advantage like as though we get Victoria as an extra state or something.

Well seeing the list above it seems you do also get Victoria as well [icon_razz1
It's only a small state after all... [icon_shady[/quote:36qesx7d]

... and would fit inside NSW eusa_think

Flutterby said:
Porthoz said:
Flutterby said:
The Rock said:
[quote="Big Pete":1q11jguu]That was always a pet peeve of mine, NSW got a choice between not only it's own state but also from the ACT.

It's only a small state after all... [icon_shady

... and would fit inside NSW eusa_think[/quote:1q11jguu]
And both would fit inside Qld. Does this mean that... [icon_ee

Actually the original article was talking about players not born in Qld playing for Qld; not specifically players from NSW:

their best players hail from around the rugby league world, places like Auckland, Korolevu, Rabaul, Bowraville, Caringbah, Kempsey, Suva, Tenterfield, Minto, Camperdown, Auburn and Christchurch.

The Courier Mail article simply points out that NSW also has players from around the world.

It's good that the News Ltd papers are drumming up the hate like this.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Stix
  • Manofoneway
  • Fozz
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Brotherdu
  • upthebroncs
  • Brocko
  • Organix
  • The Don
  • Dazza 92
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncorob
  • broncoscope
  • Redux
  • GCBRONCO
  • Battler
  • RolledOates
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.