Civoniceva
Myles
Thaiday
Harrison

Cronk
Shillington
Costigan
Taylor

Yeah you don't really have to be Nostradamus (or Coxy) to predict the team for this one.

The only interest is who they'll name 18th man! I would suggest Ben Hannant. Different to the last 2 games in that it's not giving someone who hasn't been there the experience, but it's just reward for Hannant for his contribution over the last couple of years and his standing as one of the top 5 props in QLD.

18th man. Matt Gillet??? Most likely be a Sydney based player like Ben Lowe IMO.

Coxy said:
The only interest is who they'll name 18th man! I would suggest Ben Hannant. Different to the last 2 games in that it's not giving someone who hasn't been there the experience, but it's just reward for Hannant for his contribution over the last couple of years and his standing as one of the top 5 props in QLD.

Hannant wil be there anyway IMO. So will Ballin.

1. BILLY SLATER
2. DARIUS BOYD
3. GREG INGLIS
4. WILLIE TONGA
5. ISRAEL FOLAU
6. DARREN LOCKYER (c)
7. JOHNATHAN THURSTON
8. MATTHEW SCOTT
9. CAMERON SMITH
10. PETERO CIVONICEVA
11. NATE MYLES
12. SAM THAIDAY
13. ASHLEY HARRISON

14. COOPER CRONK
15. DAVID SHILLINGTON
16. NEVILLE COSTIGAN
17. DAVID TAYLOR
18. BEN LOWE

Hannant is the unlucky one to miss out then.

ben lowe 18th man... guess hes not too far down the list after all hey, parker lovers

QUEENSLANDER said:
ben lowe 18th man... guess hes not too far down the list after all hey, parker lovers

bahaha. excellent.

sucks to be Hannat, he's been in glorious form.

My guess is Lowe has the bye this weekend and they would rather not disturb a side's preparations by picking Parker or someone else playing this weekend.

The Brizz said:
My guess is Lowe has the bye this weekend and they would rather not disturb a side's preparations by picking Parker or someone else playing this weekend.

+ The fact they seem the 18th man tends to be a player who has yet to play Origin

QUEENSLANDER said:
or he is just higher in the pecking order...

He may well be but I guarantee you regardless of that they would have preferred someone not playing club footy this weekend. I personally think Lowe is much better suited to Origin than Parker is so I am not gonna argue with you about it lol.

yeah the bye definitely helped him, plus the fact its in sydney lol

Corey Parker is the most underated player in the comp IMO. Seriously he has been averaging 150m's + a game. Has to be the most of any foward in the comp!

I would hate to see a broncos team without Parker in it ATM. Great Player!!!!

Paul Gallen is the best forward in the game in terms of metres gained, Parker has improved considerably but he isn't even in the same league as Gallen.

2010 Averages
Gallen 171m
Civo 147m
Parker 137m

That is the top 3 and it is credit to Parker how many more runs he takes now and the sort of impact he can make with them.

Parker has had the season of his life so far. If there is a criticism of him it's his occasional tendency to run too sideways (usually out) which can cramp up room for his outside backs. He's much more effective when he runs straight, or arcs initially and then straightens and spins.

However the continuing question as to whether Parker deserves Origin consideration comes down to what would he bring that's different/better than Thaiday, Myles, Harrison, Costigan and Taylor (and Lowe, Bolton, Stagg)?

His work rate is not much different to Harrison. He's not as aggressive or damaging as a ball runner as Costigan or Taylor or Thaiday, and he probably doesn't quite have the heart that Myles has shown (chasing down backs etc).

As good as he's playing, he still remains a guy you consider if a couple of the current group of back rowers is injured or suspended.

Active Now

• Broncs1459
  • Skathen
  • broncos4life
  • johnny plath
  • Manlyman
  • Foordy
  • Johnny92
  • armchair
  • Santa
  • Dash
  • upthebroncs
  • Sproj
  • TimWhatley
  • Culhwch
  • mitch222
  • Justwin
  • broncsgoat
  • Morkel
  • Harry Sack
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.