QLD- will they do it?

The Rock said:
Costigan and Crocker lol. Justin Hodges. All you need now is Carl Webb and that'll be about......what would you say? I dunno....maybe 3 penalties each? [icon_lol1.

Take a good long hard look at the NSW origin side before you comment on the might of QLD. Gallen and O'Donnel are right up there in the way of giving away penalties..

I am real worried that the Qld selectors are going to do something crazy and pick someone who shouldn't be there. They do it in Game 1 all the time - ie Hunt at 6. I have a feeling Parker is going to get a jersey, I don't know why I just feel like they will pick him and use the 'Bronco connection' as an excuse. Don't get me wrong, he is playing great footy at club level probaly Broncs most consistent player so far, but I think Stagg, Harrison, Johnson and Luck are all better options if you are looking at a workhorse.

do they have a live online announcement of the team? if so what time will it be made and is there a link?

Foordy said:
do they have a live online announcement of the team? if so what time will it be made and is there a link?

From what has happened in the past, it usually pops up on qrl.com.au first.

QUEENSLAND:

Billy Slater (Storm) 26, 8 Origins

Israel Folau (Broncos) 20, 3 Origins

Greg Inglis (Storm) 22, 7 Origins

Justin Hodges (Broncos) 27, 7 Origins

Darius Boyd (Dragons) 21, 2 Origins

Darren Lockyer (Broncos) 32, 27 Origins

Johnathan Thurston (Cowboys), 26, 12 Origins

Steve Price (Warriors) 35, 25 Origins

Cameron Smith (Storm) 26, 16 Origins

Petero Civoniceva (Panthers) 33, 23 Origins

Ben Hannant (Bulldogs) 24, 3 Origins

Sam Thaiday (Broncos) 23, 6 Origins

Ashley Harrison (Titans) 28, 3 Origins

Dallas Johnson (Storm) 26, 9 Origins

Interchange:

Karmichael Hunt (Broncos) 22, 7 Origins

Michael Crocker (Rabbitohs) 28, 10 Origins

Ben Hannant (Bulldogs) 24, 3 Origins

Nate Myles (Roosters) 24, 9 Origins

Matt Scott 18th Man.
----------------------------

They will do it if they have 14 men on the field. WTF is this??

Wow. On paper - brilliant. Thought Shillington would make it though...

bronco_babe77 said:
Of course it's brilliant, 3 starting Front Rowers and 3 Starting Back Rowers. [icon_shady eusa_think [icon_lol1.

Hannant listed on bench and run-on. Hence the 14 muckup.

Ha ha, the Courier Mail's typo has been fixed, and Ben Hannant will actually not be starting for us. Darn Shame.

Yeah, but the courier Mail were at the announcement and posted it first.

bronco_babe77 said:

Yeh him or kaufusi would have been good, but now that crocker is back, there is no need to make any changes from last year.

I am still not sold on starting with Harrison and Johnson, they both seemingly fill the same role and it puts alot of pressure on the other three running forwards to win the early forward battle. Also I think Myles is more of a backrower, so him on the bench as our 2nd prop seems a little dodgy to me.

But once again very hard to argue with the team after last years performance.

Kafusi has done nothing since going north. I don't think he's made 100m in a game yet. Matt Scott on the other hand has been making lots of metres every match and looks very fit this season.

ronnyd said:
bronco_babe77 said:
I am still not sold on starting with Harrison and Johnson, they both seemingly fill the same role and it puts alot of pressure on the other three running forwards to win the early forward battle.

Disagree completely. Our main weakness are the right and left edge defence. Neither Hodges or Inglis are good defensive centres. Having Harrison and Johnson on either edge will help immensely. Also Price and Civo are good enough to carry a team without many attacking back rowers. But we do actually have quality attacking back rowers in Thaiday and Myles, provided they are on song. The team is flawless IMO, considering what we had available.

Active Now

• Griffo
  • Broncorob
  • ChewThePhatt
  • upthehorse
  • Behold
  • Foordy
  • cento
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Lostboy
  • Galah
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jedhead
  • rj9
  • Dash
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • whykickamoocow
  • thenry
  • I bleed Maroon
  • barker
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.