Queensland 2014 Line-Ups

That's always been the case - in the end it's always come down to quality > quantity.

Don't know if I agree with Fourex's assertion either...

Let's see...

10. James Tamou vs. Nate Myles

I can see a fair argument for Myles.

11. Greg Bird vs. Chris McQueen

No contest, Bird everyday.

12. Luke Lewis vs. Ben Te'o
Would say Lewis has the edge at this stage and also deserved to start in-front of Sammy. Benny had a quiet season for Souths I thought, hope he turns it on a bit this season.

13. Paul Gallen vs. Matt Gillett

Different sort of players, Gillett is just usually thrown into the middle at rep which doesn't really suit him. Gal at this stage. Now, would Gal start in-front of Parker - can see a fair argument for Parker on form.

I said the QLD players would do the job.

ie; set the staging for Smith, JT, Inglis, Slater and Cronk to score the points.

What else do you need the forwards for with a talented backline & spine like that.

The QLD boys are more than capable of tackling themselves to a stand still and for eating up the hard yards in attack, giving our backs quality field position

In games 2 & 3 last SOO.....the QLD forwards did it with ease.

Fair enough, I just interpreted your post as, the Queensland players could do the exact same job - when the likes of Fifita (who wasn't mentioned and probably deserved to be), Lewis & Bird would be an improvement on what we've got.

But point taken and we've got enough quality forwards floating around that I'm not too concerned.

Really looking forward to Big Papa coming along ......

I don't think Keary has much of a case - 4 of the 6 criteria come up NSW, only one Queensland with the father rule not coming into it at all.

Even if he got the Commission to consider him spending 10 years in Queensland prior to joining, it'd only be one element and he'd need another to swing it in his favour.

One of these cases was always going to pop up and while it hurts that it's one of ours, I'd like to see the Commission to remain vigilant on the issue to prevent both states from messing around with it.

I just hope that Keary does a Jamie Lyon and refuses to play for NSW.

Either way I think it's absolutely ridiculous to force a player to play for a state they don't want to. Origin is all about passion and how can you be passionate about NSW if you consider yourself a QLDer and vice versa. It's not like he wants to buy a big mac and is being told to get a whopper...

Exactly, player desire should always come first, if he qualifies to play Origin in the first place (unlike James Tamou for example)!

If I was Mal, I'd be doing all I can to get him playing for QLD. After Cronk and Thurston retire, we've got what, just DCE, unproven Milford, Ben Hunt who's only had 3 decent games in the halves, and then a bunch of numpties. And Keary doesn't look like just another half, he looks something special.

If I was Mal, I'd be doing all I can to get him playing for QLD. After Cronk and Thurston retire, we've got what, just DCE, unproven Milford, Ben Hunt who's only had 3 decent games in the halves, and then a bunch of numpties. And Keary doesn't look like just another half, he looks something special.

So Milford that has absolutely starred for half a season and then at the World Cup (in pretty average teams) is more unproven and looks less special than a guy that has played 7 games in a superstar team? Fair enough...

I haven't seen enough of Keary to make a decision either way. Being a star in the 20's kind of means nothing. And the games he's played for the NRL squad has been behind their monstrous pack that has given him all the time in the world to do his work. I kind of suspect that everyone's just assuming that because the Rabbitohs seemingly pulled Reynolds out of thin air that Keary will be the same.

So it seems Dane Gagai didn't turn up for training in the emerging Maroon's camp after a night on the booze.

But hang on, weren't we told by people that know Dane and know 'insiders' that Dane did nothing wrong and griffin was an idiot for sacking him? Or that if there was a problem the supercoach had fixed it? Hmmmm

So it seems Dane Gagai didn't turn up for training in the emerging Maroon's camp after a night on the booze.

No surprise Bennett wanted to sweep the misdemeanor under the rug. He is still disappointed Packer got sent to Jail FFS.

I think he played the entire 80 minutes in the decider this year and gets through a tonne of defensive work. A player like that who doesn't need a spell allows Mal more options when using the bench.

Gagai is a must as well, next year. He was outstanding this year for the Knights and would've gained a lot of experience during the finals series. He is ready to take the next step.

Gagai hasn't done himself any favours by turning up late to Emerging Origin Squad training after being on a bender the night before.

No surprise Bennett wanted to sweep the misdemeanor under the rug. He is still disappointed Packer got sent to Jail FFS.

How was it swept under the carpet?

QRL statement will be released today.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Justwin
  • Bucking Beads
  • Battler
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • Wild Horse
  • Skathen
  • pennywisealfie
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • ivanhungryjak
  • leon.bott
  • Browny
  • mrslong
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Fozz
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.