mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
serenity now episode GIF

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
Appears to have signed with the Warriors for 2022.
The kid just stuffed his development as a player for a short term gain. Yes the broncos struggled last year but things will turn around. The warriors are rarely in the 8 and just lost their best player.

He will still be a good player but very few if any players have become better players after going to the warriors and there is less opportunity for third parties.

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
Don’t play him in Qcup don’t have him train with us. That’s not even being vindictive, he’s not going to commit to us, we’re not going to commit to developing him. Grow some balls

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Ummm wtf. So much talk after the trial about the next big thing.. our junior ranks suck noodles.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
You cant blame him. He would have been mad to turn down the offer from the Warriors. I'm actually glad we arent getting into bidding wars for these kids. Until we make them prove themselves in first grade we shouldnt offer them such big contracts anyway.

If we want to get serious about the spine, we should either make a strong play for Drinkwater, or keep our powder dry and look at Papenhauzen if possible. Off contract in 2022. We need to get back to being one of the big boys again. It might take a couple of years but we need to think big.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Don’t play him in Qcup don’t have him train with us. That’s not even being vindictive, he’s not going to commit to us, we’re not going to commit to developing him. Grow some balls
I'm the complete opposite, just let him go to the Warriors now and give his development spot to somebody who is actually going to be here next year.

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
I'm the complete opposite, just let him go to the Warriors now and give his development spot to somebody who is actually going to be here next year.
Can they not do that anyway and just have him sit off to the side? I’m trying not to come across as a dick but as a club we’re being walked all over by rookies. Something has to change.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
You cant blame him. He would have been mad to turn down the offer from the Warriors. I'm actually glad we arent getting into bidding wars for these kids. Until we make them prove themselves in first grade we shouldnt offer them such big contracts anyway.

If we want to get serious about the spine, we should either make a strong play for Drinkwater, or keep our powder dry and look at Papenhauzen if possible. Off contract in 2022. We need to get back to being one of the big boys again. It might take a couple of years but we need to think big.
At some point the club will have to take a punt on someone otherwise we just end up spending $600k on Drinkwater.

Possibly the club could throw $1m at Munster (2023 I think), Ponga (2023 PO) or Harry (2023)

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019

100% willing to wait for poopyhouse.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Who's actually going to be here in 2022 🙄🙄

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019

Papenhuyzen would be a hard get but nicho hynes would be gettable, is available for next year and at a reasonable price.

Last edited:
Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
At some point the club will have to take a punt on someone otherwise we just end up spending $600k on Drinkwater.

Possibly the club could throw $1m at Munster (2023 I think), Ponga (2023 PO) or Harry (2023)

I'll tell you who i personally think is gettable. Valentine Holmes. He has basically said he went to the Cowboys to play Fullback, and Payten has shunted him to the wing. I think the Cowboys would be open to letting him go if he is unhappy.

I agree we have to take a chance on somebody, but i dont think all this big money should be going on unproven talent. Our cap is stuffed because we either overpay for unproven kids or players well on their way down.

Last edited:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Can they not do that anyway and just have him sit off to the side? I’m trying not to come across as a dick but as a club we’re being walked all over by rookies. Something has to change.
No, he's still going to be taking up that spot. I don't see the point in letting this fester, the quicker the Broncos can move on the better they will be. Brisbane acting like abusive ex's isn't going to help anything.

Last edited:
Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015

Thats my thinking. Doesnt benefit the Broncos or Reece to stay here if an agreement can be reached.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Johnny92
  • Big Del
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Browny
  • LittleDavey
  • Old Mate
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Aldo
  • bb_gun
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Smokin' Joe
  • Swordfish
  • Allo
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.