Refs are having Shockers.....

simmo77

simmo77

QCup Player
Aug 3, 2009
I cannot believe how bad the refs are travelling at the moment. After many weeks of very poor decisions I think something must be done. Friday nights game of the Broncs V Cows was really poor. I'm a loyal Broncos supporter but our first two tries shouldn't have been allowed and what happened with that charge down that led to Tongas try, where was the 6 again call? Picking up Yow Yeh and dragging him 15 metres into goal? Are they serious?
Went to the Tits V Tigs last night and both sides were consistently offside 1-1.5 metres all game. No ref had the balls to make a call on tries without going upstairs and even the vid ref got it wrong. I swear with the these two games it was like the the refs were trying to keep the losing side in it!
And then we come to todays game of the Sharks V Manly. Sent off for that!!! I actually felt really sorry for Ricky when watching the press conference.

So whats it going to take NRL and Gallop? A Grand Final to be decided by a rediculously wrong call?

As it is Manly probably shouldn't have won that game without the ref's help. They Should be sitting lower on the ladder just inside the 8 and not in 5th. Did that call just cost the Eels, Knights, Panthers or Tigers?

Oh by the way !!!!!!WARNING RANT!!!!!!!!

Some of the calls in the Raiders game were absolutely hopeless. The one that made me laugh was after Phil Grahams try the Raiders prop broke 2 tackles then had a hand placed on his still moving forward and the ref calls dominant. FFS they have no idea

At least the ref let the captain talk without yelling or telling him to go away

Not 100% sure on this one, but I believe the majority of the bad errors were the inexpereienced guys were they not, correct me if I'm wrong.

Still not good enough for this time of the year but should be no reason why the top two refs can't ref Friday night and back up Sunday for the first week at least

It's an ongoing disgrace, the refs have no confidence, no feel for the game and no idea. So sick of seeing just about every game distorted by this pack of no-hopers.

I still believe most problems with the refereeing are due to the poor, confusing interpretations on rules that should be black and white.

Separation, obstruction, surrender, dominant, it's all bullshit. Simplify, man!

The fact the 2 ref system only happens at NRL level is only going to compound things. New refs have never experienced it so they're learning on the fly.

Not to mention the NRL interpretations seem vastly different to Toyota Cup, QLD Cup etc. Plus in NRL there's the reliance on the technology etc etc etc.

I don't mind the 2 ref system. But unless it's used all through the game at all levels from about senior schoolboy onwards it simply can't work IMO. And the problem is, there's such a shortage of referees in lower grades and lower divisions that it can't work.

In saying that, we go back to 1 referee, then these rookies like Haines who got it so dreadfully wrong would be solely in charge of a game. At least when paired with a more experienced referee they do have that fallback.

Fact is though, NO referee system will be perfect, and NO referee will be perfect.

But we have no depth of refs, so if they keep making shit calls we cant dump em as then we would have a complete newbie in his place.

Cant believe the newbie ref ignored the videorefs recomendation to only report the high shot and sent him for the game. He had 3 legit options - 1.Penalty and on report, 2 Penalty, Bin for 10 and 3. Penalty and sent off.

He picked the wrong one and heaven forbid the senior ref overrule him and make him look bad.

I will be so PO'd if the Eagles make the top 4 in front of us, on the back of that ref's decision. SO PEEVED.

Browny said:
But we have no depth of refs, so if they keep making shit calls we cant dump em as then we would have a complete newbie in his place.

Cant believe the newbie ref ignored the videorefs recomendation to only report the high shot and sent him for the game. He had 3 legit options - 1.Penalty and on report, 2 Penalty, Bin for 10 and 3. Penalty and sent off.

He picked the wrong one and heaven forbid the senior ref overrule him and make him look bad.

Nope, couldn't bin him. But still, he had the penalty and report and penalty and send off options, he chose the wrong one despite the video referee, touch judge and his co-referee all hinting that it should be on report. No wonder he's been dumped from first grade.

Is bin for 10 not an option? Whats it used for other than professional fouls and having a punch on?

I thought it was for professional fouls only.

Browny said:
Is bin for 10 not an option? Whats it used for other than professional fouls and having a punch on?

What Nashy said. It's for professional fouls only.

gUt said:
The refs helped us as well...

Most def did last friday and before. Cowboys should be blowing up deluxe. And hey I personally hate the sharkies and don't really like Sticky that much but I felt so sorry for them, they were ripped off. Possibly hate Manly more! I guess as a Broncos supporter you get used to having crap calls go against you as they have always done, but for some reason it just seems to be happening to every team (god knows why I'm complaining then!).

Cecchin must be retarded.

Touchie: "He has to go,"

Cecchin: "Have ten"

The Rock said:
[quote="Je$ter":c24qx2zt]Cecchin must be retarded.

Touchie: "He has to go,"

Cecchin: "Have ten"

LOLZ! I heard that too and I said to Linda, "Oh good he's going to be sent off. So he should." Then he sends him for 10? LOLZ WTF?[/quote:c24qx2zt]

Making up for Haines who misheard "he should go on report" and sent Douglas off maybe?

Active Now

• Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.