Status
Not open for further replies.
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Adam Reynolds

“I’m as hungry as I’ve ever been. The finals is the bare minimum for us. If you ask anyone, if they don’t make the finals, they will say it’s a failure. In my view, we’re a club that not only makes the finals this season, but we should be challenging for higher honours. If we don’t want to aim higher this season, what’s the point of trying?​
“It’s been a while since I’ve experienced that feeling of a premiership. Every player at the start of the year should have a goal to win the comp and for me, that’s what I want. I’m hurting from last year. It’s given me that extra drive to perform a bit better and train a bit harder and still being pretty new to the Broncos - it’s my second season here - it’s the most excited I have been in a long time.”​
“It’s 12 months down the track and we are more familiar with our patterns of play. The coaches have been outstanding. They have gone to another level and the younger players here who haven’t had much success so far... they can use that hurt to guide the club to the finals. There are players in our team now with 50 or 60 games under their belts. Guys like Patty and Kotoni have played State of Origin. They know what it takes. I can’t see why this club can’t get back to where it was."​
“It was disappointing the way we exited the competition last year, but it has only fuelled the fire to play finals this season. Had we made the semis, it would have glossed over a number of issues we had at the back end of the year. Everything happens for a reason and it will make us a better team this season going through that.”​
“I think we can come up with some plays to get Reece some space. Playing against Reece last year, I know the quality he brings to a football team. I was pretty excited when we announced the signing of Reece. I was thinking forward to how we get the best out of him and how I can create space for him. We know what an X-factor he is in open space, so it’s important we get quality ball to Reece this season.”​
“The big thing for us is our discipline in defence. We leaked too many points last year at the back end and made it harder for ourselves in games. Dropped balls, ill-discipline, giving away penalties and leg ups to other teams, so if we tidy those areas up, it will take us a long way to playing finals. We aren’t too worried about our attack, but we need to sort out our defence and we’ve spent the pre-season working on that.”​
“There’s no reason why I can’t play for another 12 or 24 months beyond this deal. We’ll see how my body is feeling after my current deal ends, but in my mind I would like to go around for another year or two. Obviously my form has to be up to scratch and the body has to feel good, but I don’t plan on retiring any time soon. The Broncos have been fantastic for me. I’m in a good head space here and I’ve loved my time at the Broncos, so things are all going right and well. I get sore from time to time, but I’ve had a good pre-season. There is a lot of life left in these legs.”​

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Patty:

“The World Cup was massive for my development. I came a long way last year in terms of enjoying my footy more and playing the game because I loved it and it filtered into my on-field success. There were 24 of us overseas in the Australian team for the World Cup, all different personalities, but we all got on like a house on fire and what you do off the field, seeing the best in the game being professional filters into your performance on the field. I took a lot of lessons from the trip. I learnt from a lot of blokes over there, but I really admired what Isaah Yeo and Cam Murray do in games at lock. It was good to be around them and watch them do their thing. I really appreciated the relationships I built with those blokes and I watched how the Panthers blokes like ‘Yowie’ prepared. I learnt a lot from him in a leadership perspective and I want to bring that to the Broncos this season.”​
“I just don’t want to have one good year. I don’t want to be a one-hit wonder and think, ‘I’ve made it already’. It’s important I keep getting better this season for the Broncos. One of my best mates is Payne Haas and he goes to another level every year - he has been performing well since he was 18. I won’t get complacent in what I do. I couldn’t believe the Medals I won last year, but I haven’t really accomplished anything here at the Broncos. First and foremost, I want to be winning comps here in a Broncos jersey and that starts in round 1.”​
“Our staff here have played in successful premiership sides, they know the best defensive teams win comps and that’s what they are drilling into us. They are holding us accountable to high standards in defence and that’s an area we have to improve on this season. Penrith is a good starting point for us, they are the benchmark and that will show us where we stand for the year ahead.”​

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Adam Reynolds

“I’m as hungry as I’ve ever been. The finals is the bare minimum for us. If you ask anyone, if they don’t make the finals, they will say it’s a failure. In my view, we’re a club that not only makes the finals this season, but we should be challenging for higher honours. If we don’t want to aim higher this season, what’s the point of trying?​
“It’s been a while since I’ve experienced that feeling of a premiership. Every player at the start of the year should have a goal to win the comp and for me, that’s what I want. I’m hurting from last year. It’s given me that extra drive to perform a bit better and train a bit harder and still being pretty new to the Broncos - it’s my second season here - it’s the most excited I have been in a long time.”​
“It’s 12 months down the track and we are more familiar with our patterns of play. The coaches have been outstanding. They have gone to another level and the younger players here who haven’t had much success so far... they can use that hurt to guide the club to the finals. There are players in our team now with 50 or 60 games under their belts. Guys like Patty and Kotoni have played State of Origin. They know what it takes. I can’t see why this club can’t get back to where it was."​
“It was disappointing the way we exited the competition last year, but it has only fuelled the fire to play finals this season. Had we made the semis, it would have glossed over a number of issues we had at the back end of the year. Everything happens for a reason and it will make us a better team this season going through that.”​
“I think we can come up with some plays to get Reece some space. Playing against Reece last year, I know the quality he brings to a football team. I was pretty excited when we announced the signing of Reece. I was thinking forward to how we get the best out of him and how I can create space for him. We know what an X-factor he is in open space, so it’s important we get quality ball to Reece this season.”​
“The big thing for us is our discipline in defence. We leaked too many points last year at the back end and made it harder for ourselves in games. Dropped balls, ill-discipline, giving away penalties and leg ups to other teams, so if we tidy those areas up, it will take us a long way to playing finals. We aren’t too worried about our attack, but we need to sort out our defence and we’ve spent the pre-season working on that.”​
“There’s no reason why I can’t play for another 12 or 24 months beyond this deal. We’ll see how my body is feeling after my current deal ends, but in my mind I would like to go around for another year or two. Obviously my form has to be up to scratch and the body has to feel good, but I don’t plan on retiring any time soon. The Broncos have been fantastic for me. I’m in a good head space here and I’ve loved my time at the Broncos, so things are all going right and well. I get sore from time to time, but I’ve had a good pre-season. There is a lot of life left in these legs.”​
Another who just needs to do the talking on the field. The rest, including extensions of contracts will then follow suit.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Taupau

“Selwyn is a phenomenal talent. He and Reece are great talents, they are a bit unorthodox the way they play, but it’s amazing in this day and age, you have to be different to stand out and Selwyn is definitely a stand out player for us. We are all really excited for Selwyn to wear the No.1 in round 1. Just the way he moves, the way he reads the game, both offensively and defensively ... I guess you can say he is in the mould of Greg Inglis, he is a great talent.”​
“Penrith will be a big test. Across the playing field, it will be very challenging for both squads, it’s going to come down to who is hungrier. With the pre-season we have done we are ready to bring our best against the Panthers. I have a firm belief we have a strong squad and can go a long way this year.”​

Nerd

Nerd

QCup Player
Sep 27, 2020
Love to see how we go but I get a feeling a lot more people will be seeing how Penrith go without one of the best hookers in the comp because at times Cleary is just a kicking bot and they would get set after set until Api Koroisau would create something around the ruck, they don't have that anymore.

It has to come from their halves, Dylan Edwards is a solid fullback but nothing more, Luai is more about the running, they've also lost their powerhouse edge forward in Viliame Kikau. That's 2 real points of difference for them suddenly gone.

We've troubled them in the past and I would even go as far to say that we have the more dangerous team in terms of scoring points, if we can defend well then they'll know they're in a game footy (as Laurie Daley would say).
I agree. Mitch Kenny is a solid hooker but when Koroisau used to come on the Penrith attack would go up a gear. They missed him against St Helens and hopefully struggle without him again tonight.

Another positive is that we won't have Klein as ref either.

ChewThePhatt

ChewThePhatt

NRL Player
Contributor
Dec 28, 2015
So while I know we're gonna win, I am getting more nervous/scared the closer we get to kick off...

Relax Brah... we got this.
Pet Hug GIF

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
It’ll be a reasonably comfortable win for Penrith.

We’ll take a few weeks to click, they don’t need to. They are still an extremely well drilled side that tick all of the boxes.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I agree. Mitch Kenny is a solid hooker but when Koroisau used to come on the Penrith attack would go up a gear. They missed him against St Helens and hopefully struggle without him again tonight.

Another positive is that we won't have Klein as ref either.

Screenshot 2023 03 03 190609

HIYO!

Strop

Strop

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 28, 2015
Heading home on the train after my last day of work for twelve weeks, going to grab some Thai for dinner and get in just before the mighty Broncos kick off their unbeaten run to the 2023 prem. Life is good.
12 weeks off? Good on you. I need re-training after a long weekend!

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Kev will dominate these spuds:
Broncos by 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Gaz
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.