Round 1 Discussion

Ferguson celebrating going into touch, lol

Dean Pay clearly spent the off season watching rugby

Gutherson using their captains challenge

Trust parra to be the first team to bottle their only challenge 😂

Seriously you would think you would want to save it for something more critical or deeper into the match.
[automerge]1584005541[/automerge]
Losing count of the drop balls

Last edited:
he'll be sitting for a week or 2

That was a dog shot, pun fully intended.

Decent half of footy, the Eels look on in patches but then fall away...Dogs are being gritty as and just sticking it to them, think that's how they will play this year and they'll score some upsets.

Still think the Eels have too much class for the Doggies tonight though.

Last edited:
The Dogs are using our playbook of only letting one half touch the ball and putting up a bomb every set.

The opening exchanges were brilliant from both teams, the Eels threw a lot at the Bulldogs on both sides of the ball and the Dogs managed to stay resolute. Canterbury had a good opportunity to take the lead into the break, but Wakeham butchered his penalty goal and their attack has left a lot to be desired.

The problem is that it's all up to Lewis. Outside of Lewis' bomb, the Bulldogs have thrown nothing at the Eels making it extremely easy for the Eels to contain the Dogs. I want to see DWZ step up, he's a quality player and so far he's been guilty of putting himself in no man's land. He needs to give himself some space and get himself on the outside of the opposition. If not, he needs to pop up at the ruck and challenge those players like Evans, Paulo, RCG etc. who can be exposed through the middle.

The Eels have been more expansive with the football, but have come up with some costly errors. The Bulldogs have done a brilliant job of containing the Eels left hand side attack, Lewis in particular has been cutting down Matterson with some great tackles. I wouldn't necessarily give up on going down that side of the field, I think Blake/Ferguson will eventually put one over their opposites, but they need to test Wakeham out more. Either get him 1-1 with Lane, or throw a second man play down that edge.

I’m pretty sure he never touched that before it was kicked at?

both captain demonstrating how not to use the captains challenge

Both these teams used up their steam early. They are buggered.

Coronavirus canceling the season sounds like a decent option after watching this game..

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Fozz
  • Hoof Hearted
  • MrMoore
  • Bucking Beads
  • theshed
  • Santa
  • azza.79
  • BroncosAlways
  • Griffo
  • Foordy
  • Old Mate
  • mitch222
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.