vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright alright keep your fucking panties on. I fixed it.

Alright alright keep your fucking panties on. I fixed it.

We don't take too kindly to sub-par 17s..

..apparently.

As long as Milford/Hunt/Corey square are there, I'm happy IBM.

It's just a matter of getting through the next few weeks unscathed and somebody putting their hands up to come in for Reed.

What's with the Anderson love on here. He looked extremely suspect under the high ball in the few games I watched him play for Ipswich. WB is renowned for pulling a winger from no where to play first grade but I would expect Pearson or Alick before Anderson.

What's with the Anderson love on here. He looked extremely suspect under the high ball in the few games I watched him play for Ipswich. WB is renowned for pulling a winger from no where to play first grade but I would expect Pearson or Alick before Anderson.

Maybe even Seve, I have heard some good things about him.

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Kahu
4. Roberts (perfect signing for us)
5. Anderson (be good to see speed in the backs)
6. Milford (I'm expecting big things)
7. Hunt
8. McG (can't wait for his return)
9. Macca
10. Blair
11. Thaiday
12. Glenn
13. Parker

14. Nikorima
15. Gillett (ultimate impact player)
16. Ofahengaue
17. Wallace (Give a couple rounds to make an impact)

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Kahu
4. Roberts (perfect signing for us)
5. Anderson (be good to see speed in the backs)
6. Milford (I'm expecting big things)
7. Hunt
8. McG (can't wait for his return)
9. Macca
10. Blair
11. Thaiday
12. Glenn
13. Parker

14. Nikorima
15. Gillett (ultimate impact player)
16. Ofahengaue
17. Wallace (Give a couple rounds to make an impact)

Regardless of trial form, no way do you put McGuire in to start. We need him for the end of the year, so best not to risk potentially burning him out and getting injured again. He can go to the bench for the first month or so and Gillett can come back into his starting spot. Besides, if you bench any 2nd rower, it's Glenn or Thaiday.

You guys realise that McGuire was keen to return for the Grand Final, which will literally be 5 months prior to our game in Round 1 this year, if he was nearly ready 4 months ago, I'm pretty confident he won't need to start on the bench for the early rounds.

You guys realise that McGuire was keen to return for the Grand Final, which will literally be 5 months prior to our game in Round 1 this year, if he was nearly ready 4 months ago, I'm pretty confident he won't need to start on the bench for the early rounds.

Also easy to say that when it's the last game of the year and you're going all out - had he played, we won and he got injured again by doing it, I don't think he'd care. No doubt he'll get rested throughout the year anyway, but better to ease him back, especially as he'll play SoO again

After watching our Nines games and the Cowboys trial, I've changed my opinion on what our team should be in Round 1. Carlin is a long term project, he also got injured, I doubt he's in the team come Round 1. This is what I'm expecting.

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Opacic
4. Roberts
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Nikorima
15. Thaiday
16. Ese'ese
17. Ofahengaue

We need some more punch off the bench, Wallace just doesn't do it for me anymore, really keen for Herman to get a run, maybe even Timu, he was also really good.

I think what people like about Herman is that he has a different impact on the game then our other forwards. McGuire, Parker, Blair, Offy and Wallace are all similar type of players - workhorses. They are good for metres, they don't bust through tackles but can bend the line and carry players with them. Herman offers something different. From what I've seen he is the type of impact player that we've wanted for a few seasons now. We couldn't get it from Gavet. I think Wallace is the weakest link. Might have shown more than Offy last season but Offy has shown a lot more than Wallace at similar stages of their career. jo hasn't put a wrong foot forward for us and I think he is long term part of our team whereas Wallace isn't imo. We still have a few more trials left and I trust the big guy to make the right call. Thank the heavens. Footy is back.

After watching our Nines games and the Cowboys trial, I've changed my opinion on what our team should be in Round 1. Carlin is a long term project, he also got injured, I doubt he's in the team come Round 1. This is what I'm expecting.

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Opacic
4. Roberts
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Nikorima
15. Thaiday
16. Ese'ese
17. Ofahengaue

We need some more punch off the bench, Wallace just doesn't do it for me anymore, really keen for Herman to get a run, maybe even Timu, he was also really good.

Wallace is the goods. He'll be there for sure

Also. I'd say we can safely rule out Whitchurch and Isaako for the wing/centre position. I think Kahu will move into centre personally, only basing that off the fact he played centre in the trial. Why wouldn't we play a contender for that position there if it was in contention?

as much as i would love to see all these young forwards debut this year i think wayne bennet will go boring and virtually pick the same team

1. boyd
2. oats
3. kahu
4. roberts
5. anderson
6. milford
7. hunt
8. McGUIRE
9. McCULLOUGH
10. blair
11. glen
12. gillet
13. parker

14. knick
14. thaiday
15. Joe O
16. wallace

as much as i would love to see all these young forwards debut this year i think wayne bennet will go boring and virtually pick the same team

yeah I can't see Bennett going too left field with the line up

The two contenders for the wing are opacic, eden and seve.
The bench contenders are wallace, offa, esse, fai, timu, sua.
Im surprised molo didn't feature in the trials.
Everything else picks itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • mitch222
  • Aldo
  • The Don
  • Santa
  • MrTickyMcG
  • FACTHUNT
  • Financeguy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bish
  • broncomax
  • BroncoFan94
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Behind enemy lines
  • BroncosAlways
  • Browny
  • Mr Fourex
  • Jedhead
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.