vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the kick off time(qld time)? I am going to see Clutch at the triffid tomorrow night and was hoping to be able to watch the game first!
8:05 sydney time so 7:05

And 4:05 Phuket time. That's going to be weird.

A lot more confident about winning with Foran out. Norman now will have to carry the team on his own.

What are you doing in Thailand?

I'm teaching English to 4-12 year olds at a private school in Phuket. I've been here since October last year.

Last edited:
BREAKING: Luke Kelly to suit up for @TheParraEels after Keiran Foran succumbs to hamstring injury #NRLparbri @7NewsSydney @7Sport

This tweet from 7th tackle (Channel 7 Sydney) is the only one I could find.

Nobody else reporting it, and they spelled his name wrong.. Might be unreliable.

Cheers! Also found out clutch start at 10 so I'll get to watch the game! Just win ffs.

He and his SVRL team play with ladyboys over there

What's a "ladyboy"...?

suspicious.gif

Are the Eels fast starters? Or just beneficiaries of an easy draw?

The Eels have won their past three first round starts, but questions have to be made over the quality of their opposition.

In 2013 they defeated the Warriors 40 points to 10, in a season where the Warriors failed to make the eight. Further, the Warriors recorded only 2 wins from their opening 10 games that before taking advantage of a fairly kind Origin period.

In 2014, they came up against the Warriors again and raced to a 36 points to 16 victory. Once again, the Warriors failed to make the finals and were in such rough shape that Matthew Elliott was finally showed the door.

In 2015, they faced off against the Sea Eagles and won 42-12 in a season where the Sea Eagles failed to make the finals. The Sea Eagles got off to a terrible start where they only won four of their opening fourteen games.

Tomorrow night they won't be coming up against a terrible team. They'll be coming up against a team that was seconds away from premiership glory who are heavily tipped to go one better this year. This is a whole new ball-game and they're really going to have to play to the best of their abilities if they hope to stand a chance.

I'm still taking them seriously. They've got a good record against us in recent years. They've got some form and confidence behind them and they will be keen to impress in front of their home fans. If Foran misses the game that will screw their chances which is good for us.

You'd think they'll give him every chance up until the last minute tomorrow.

Takes the shine off it somewhat if he's out, much less compelling match up. I think they'll still come out swinging, but I doubt they can keep us under any sustained pressure with Norman steering the ship.

We should have too much class, and I hope we make a statement here. If they make it a contest for the most part, that'd be good for keeping egos in check though.

Last edited:
A 3 day weekend off work right when the new season starts. Das luck.

I don't see why they would risk him, it's the first game and he hasn't trained all week.

I have a real gut feeling that the broncs are going to be awesome this year.. if they WANT it..... I am so excited for '16... plenty of challenges but I think Wayne will tune the guys and build another great team that can win 3 grand finels in a row.... big call but...... I'm in.... go the broncs!

Game day!

Nothing better than than waking up and knowing Rugby League is back. Broncos by 8, Milford MotM. (Assuming Foran is out)

Sam's Stunning Selfless Act - Broncos

IT is the stunningly selfless act that underpins Sam’s Thaiday commitment to the team which made the toughest of decisions easier for Wayne Bennett.

Bennett has revealed it was actually Thaiday who suggested he should be the Broncos’ weapon of choice off the bench in tonight’s season opener against the Eels in Sydney.

Most players of such international standing would feel slighted by suggestions they should be part of an NRL interchange list.

But with the Broncos chock full of Test players in their forward pack, and new interchange rules coming into existence, Thaiday realised the value of his impact and experience on the bench.

He will enter the fray after 20 minutes and play out the rest of the game.

“It wasn’t hard - Sam volunteered,” said Bennett.

“He realised it was the best thing he could do for us was to come off the bench because of the new interchange rules.

“I was more than happy with that.

“I am very pleased with what we have done, and I was pleased to have his co-operation.”

Bennett has warned that there may be some patience needed with centre James Roberts in his debut for the club.

Anthony Milford was in a similar position last year, starting the season quietly before being the best player in the NRL grand final.

“We all want it to happen straight away, but if it doesn’t it is not an issue,” said Bennett.

“No-one is saying it can’t happen, but we will be patient.

“We know we have a quality player here and there is no problems from our point of view with the way he trains, so it is just a matter of when.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • Xzei
  • Spike
  • Mister Wright
  • Lurker
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.