CommBank Stadium

Friday
Night
20:00

Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that kevvie has adopted the KISS strategy but sometimes I wish he would keep it even simpler. Look at Penrith, they just run hard and keep good line-speed until their opponent falls apart. Maybe we've got the wrong squad for that type of thing.

The Panthers have the winning formula. The 5 equally important ingredients are:

* A halfback
* Some outside backs
* A coach
* In a strategically important location so the NRL makes sure they are successful, and are allowed to live off-side, get consistently preferential treatment on and off the field including deferred suspensions etc, and are gifted bulk field position and possession.
* A team named after an animal.

It's amazing all the teams aren't doing the same.

I'm a little nervous about this one. Eels are under alot of pressure at the moment and have lots to play for.

My personal opinion is Eels and Brad Aurther need to part ways. They look like a group who are playing comfortable footy and no longer been challenged. It's almost like having your best mate as a boss, it seems like a good idea but when it comes time to having tough conversations, you end up sinking 15 beers and telling him how good he is. Everyone just get to cosy.

Anyway as for Brisbane i think we have all the ingredients of a good team we just need to find our identity. I don't think we need to play "simple" footy as such but more a power game. Our forward pack is so strong we don't need to be spreading it wide trying to create space. We should be able to have the defence on the back foot.

I'm not having a go at our two hookers, but I'd love to see how our forward pack performed with a top class harry grant like hooker leading them around. Someone with real vision and manipulation ability. I feel like our forwards would do some serious damage and break down opposition defence much better. Just have a look at what Melbourne's bog average forward pack looks like with Grant feeding them ball and directing them.

Anyway that's the beauty of the salary cap right? Unless your the chooks you you can't have everything.

I loved the way we targeted the Roosters halves early on last week. We strayed away from it after ten mins but I'd like us to do that again. Also want to see more aggression from our forwards and see them running off the back fence.

Feels like it's been a long week since last game.

Last year when we played the Eels the first time Patty and Payne dominated their forward pack early which really set us up, hoping to see the same tonight and the boys follow Captain Carrigan's lead.
After last week and probably a Kevvie spray through the week I expect to see a big turn around.

this at suncorp or sydney?

Screenshot 2024 05 10 at 16 52 48 The Courier Mail
Screenshot 2024 05 10 at 16 52 27 The Courier Mail

I heard a whisper Oates is still in Brisbane?

I heard a whisper Oates is still in Brisbane?
He posted a story on Instagram today with his young fella getting a haircut. The guy that looked to have taken the photo and tagged Oates in it was in Noosa today.
But Surely if he's not with the team a replacement would of been named by now.

He posted a story on Instagram today with his young fella getting a haircut. The guy that looked to have taken the photo and tagged Oates in it was in Noosa today.
But Surely if he's not with the team a replacement would of been named by now.
I very much doubt that's true but sailor could go to the wing I suppose..

Gonna be a wet game but that shouldn’t stop us as we’ve been pretty good in those conditions. Really important for us to be strong defensively tonight.

Apparently he's open to doing Origin again?

Not sure if that was a joke or not or if it's been shut down.

I believe the temptation of calling 100 Origins is starting to get to him.

Oatesy is in Parramatta going from this video

I just think back to past encounters where we had the far superior side but end up losing badly to the Eels.

They are a bit of bogey team for us. If we play like we did last week, we could easily lose this.

Nobody wants to see Walsh just going through the motions; being serviceable.

I just wish he'd learn to pick his moments. Understand it's a team game won over 80 minutes of working to a game plan. When he does his rocks and diamonds plays, it changes everything.

We can't be the Storm or the Panthers. Our attack style worries all teams. Just need to cut down the errors! The play for 80 minutes. Pick our moments rather than force each moment.

But Tedesco wisdom is earnt rather than being god giving. Here's to you Walsh on last week's teaching moment, and you finding maturity.

Nobody wants to see Walsh just going through the motions; being serviceable.

I just wish he'd learn to pick his moments. Understand it's a team game won over 80 minutes of working to a game plan. When he does his rocks and diamonds plays, it changes everything.

We can't be the Storm or the Panthers. Our attack style worries all teams. Just need to cut down the errors! The play for 80 minutes. Pick our moments rather than force each moment.

But Tedesco wisdom is earnt rather than being god giving. Here's to you Walsh on last week's teaching moment, and you finding maturity.
Agree, he's a gun and across a season his diamonds out weigh his rocks. I'd like to see Walsh hold off a bit in the first quarter and then have a red hot crack.

I think last week needed to happen (similar to Souffs last year). With everything that went against us, we were coming in with a wet sail to draw 18-18 until a dumb sin bin and phantom HIA. Had we won that game playing how we did in the first half (first 9 rounds really), it could have given us no reason to focus on the faults and this may have bitten us hard at the end of the year.

Hoping tonight like many BHQers have mentioned we focus on defence, ripping through the middle and wearing the Feels down. Then saving the 20 minutes where we blow teams away for the final 20.

CARNNN BRONCOS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• TimWhatley
  • mieko
  • Lurker
  • Fozz
  • Harry Sack
  • Old Mate
  • Porthoz
  • broncos4life
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Swordfish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.