CommBank Stadium

Friday
Night
20:00

Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's being reported Ezra will move to halfback with Jock 5/8 if he's fit.

If it's true, wrong move IMO. Madden is capable of playing the halfback role and it frees up Ezra to play footy.
I don't agree with moving Mam either. Ironically we probably have the most depth at Halfback right now if we absolutely needed it. Reynolds, Madden, Walters, Sailor Black, Rogers or even Paix if everything went wrong.

It just seems a bit weird to move Mam now, when if he and Walsh can get it together in their current positions without Reynolds, it sets up for a deep run into finals this year, with a high chance next year.

Alot of dooming going round but I'm not overly concerned. Look at the tits, raiders and dolphins this weekend. Trash teams that also happen to be injury ridden and still win manage to win/play close. (Tits also arguably robbed but that's no surprise against the storm.)

We still have the cattle to put us into a decent position. Chill.

If both Reynolds (certain) and Madden (likely) are out, I'd be running out:

1. Walsh
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Cobbo
5. Mariner (He is a bit of a concern that is being papered over a bit due to all the injuries)
6. Mam
7. Walters
8. Jensen
9. Smoothy
10. Haas
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Mozer
15. Hetherington
16. Willison
17. Gosiewski

I feel this is harsh on Baker, he was decent tonight to be honest but we need a bloke on the bench who can cover backrow and centre and that is why we bought Gosiewski to the club. This also gets Mozer in there and we can get some games into him until Madden is back.
I don’t think Walters works well at 7. He’s covered there twice and we’ve had no structure at all. Not his fault, it’s a tough task to steer this team around as it is full of freakish eyes up players with little footy iq. But unlike some of the other options, Walters doesn’t have the athleticism to offer much else.

I’d prefer we keep Walters at 9 and give him more control from there if needed. He can kick and bark at forwards without needing to play in a weaker position for him.

No idea who I would go without Madden. Maybe just lean into the chaos and go 7. Mam, 6. Sailor

Even without Reyno this is a very winnable game. Eels will be without Gutho and Moses.

They will try to blow us off the park early and manage the game from there, if we can weather that storm and hold the ball, we'll be too good for them as the game goes on.

There's no excuse for a loss here. We don't need Reyno to win this one.

And for ***** sake, we have the best fucking pack in the comp, stop the sideline-to-sideline bullshit. Hit it up the guts and compress their defensive line and then you can play expansive.

We will win well and they won’t score more than 2 tries…

If Payne's knee is not right and if Walters is injured, I wouldn't be against giving them some time off as well. It would also allow us to get games into Big Ben and Mozer, if he is available of course, no idea how bad his reported injury on the weekend was. But let's say hypothetically he is all good to go, it would be interesting to see how this side goes:

1. Walsh
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Cobbo
5. Mariner
6. Mam
7. Madden/Rogers (if Madden isn't good to go)
8. Jensen
9. Smoothy
10. Willison
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Mozer
15. Hetherington
16. Te Kura
17. Gosiewski

Isaako 2.0. All the athleticism in the world but with no brain between his ears, it's not worth much.

Eeeerrr he scored 3 tries yesterday .
[Note to self don`t take any notice of IBM`s player ratings .]

Rogers can step in then. As long as he can tackle, pass and kick, I think Mam will lead the way.
Not really sure how many guys are carrying injuries ( Hass , Rickie, Mann) anyway if are to bounce back some one needs to get into RWs head and reprogram him .
Just hope other teams don’t look too closely at how Roosters frustrated him by jamming him sideways while in attack forcing those hip height rushed passes to a outside back who had about 1 meter of sideline to work with.
Get RW to talk to Carmichael Hunt on how and when to execute that 2rd man sweep play …was best in the business.

Don’t reckon & don’t expect Jock to be playing next week especially if hasn’t recovered fully. Need him healthy playing next 12 weeks.

If Jock is fit & healthy for Magic Round against Manly, he would get to play 3 straight games back-to-back @Suncorp. That should alone motivate him to perform well and set him up real good. Have no doubt he would excel. Actually, want him to as he knows our structures by now and gave good understanding of players around him.

It's being reported Ezra will move to halfback with Jock 5/8 if he's fit.

If it's true, wrong move IMO. Madden is capable of playing the halfback role and it frees up Ezra to play footy.
I wouldn’t look into it seriously as it could very well be a ploy to mess up BA’s mind & his plans for us. Irrespective of what number Ezra has on his back, he does tend to play both sides of the field these days.

Not really sure how many guys are carrying injuries ( Hass , Rickie, Mann) anyway if are to bounce back some one needs to get into RWs head and reprogram him .
Just hope other teams don’t look too closely at how Roosters frustrated him by jamming him sideways while in attack forcing those hip height rushed passes to a outside back who had about 1 meter of sideline to work with.
Get RW to talk to Carmichael Hunt on how and when to execute that 2rd man sweep play …was best in the business.

He worked it out in the second half .
Put Staggs through a huge hole .

I would argue his back 5 coach Darius Boyd was on another level to Karmicheal .

Curse of the away jersey they should wear the heritage jersey. Any takers who will rerfee this match

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Skathen
  • ChewThePhatt
  • winslow_wong
  • Organix
  • Totally Unr3al
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Allo
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.