CommBank Stadium

Friday
Night
20:00

Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
The injuries are rough but it could be what makes our season and future seasons if the team responds well and Reece calms the **** down when the play is just not on. Jock was playing really well so hopefully he is back soon would be good to see what he can do with constant game time. But still yeah it's about Carrigan dragging the boys with him and everyone buying in. Still think we will beat the Eels.

The injuries are rough but it could be what makes our season and future seasons if the team responds well and Reece calms the **** down when the play is just not on. Jock was playing really well so hopefully he is back soon would be good to see what he can do with constant game time. But still yeah it's about Carrigan dragging the boys with him and everyone buying in. Still think we will beat the Eels.
In Patty we trust. But yeah - Reece and Mam need to see this as a watershed moment to know they can no longer just let her rip every play any more. There's not going to be any little master there to kick them out of trouble.

So if Rogers fills in for Jock and kills it, and let's say Jock is out for a few more weeks, ribs can be a killer, do we bring Jock back when ready, or do we stick with Rogers?

Thoughts?

Not sure, they usually get their information from other News Ltd sources.

The CM said that Pereira (and Black) trained with the team on Monday, but also specified that Black can't play until July when he turns 18.

So who knows? 4pm will reveal all
Pretty sure he already turned 18. Not sure if he is in our top 30 however, which would be the issue.

So if Rogers fills in for Jock and kills it, and let's say Jock is out for a few more weeks, ribs can be a killer, do we bring Jock back when ready, or do we stick with Rogers?

Thoughts?

Personally I'd bring in Jock... Because if he's the front runner to succeed Reynolds, it would be good for the coaching staff to get an extended look at him in the top grade

There was something on 9 News last night that Oates trained away from the main group yesterday but would be training with the main group today.

There was something on 9 News last night that Oates trained away from the main group yesterday but would be training with the main group today.

Ate a bad curry?

Black isn't in our top 30, so I don't think he'll be playing. Josh Rodgers deserves a shot, I've heard good compliments of his game and he has the potential.

Jordan Pereira I would like to see him get another run, he is another player to me who can be electric with the ball. Gosiewski was held in high regards at Cowboys, I was surprised they let him go. So I'm happy to give him a run on the bench as well, he can also cover for centre because Ricki was horrible there.

Can we at least see this guy score a few tries against the Eels?

Cause he is well due for one...

ADKq_NbnJJN6B-_z1uaEusuRBBTEvZ4Mg3VabHwT5jAbZiRaZ5ovgbO_Be4JZfuh7jKpQJrHVDnl5yovRuM4aqgvoPS7jqzFcVXfoP0yGfww6Q1L3rIl8sJC2fNEowsMd4dv4P8pwexdAcUDuz9MRw5pLJ1n0BmnPaQk3KE1vbI_Xty9gCcp437VjVg0I0GcLPs9oyXUDFvr2DW4z3tOjmeFL4istHd4n0en7Vy8Vd-JFnDiMkubyN9MJzkYuS8LY2cMeHGIILo=s0-d-e1-ft

Can Madden/Mam/Rodgers show patience and read the lines Piakura runs just before the defensive line?

He is a true weapon and its time we start setting up plays 20-30 metres out for him.

Personally I'd bring in Jock... Because if he's the front runner to succeed Reynolds, it would be good for the coaching staff to get an extended look at him in the top grade
I don't disagree with that line of thinking.

I think it would be a great dilemma to have. We all obviously want Rogers to kill it and if he does for a couple of weeks, it would be tough to break the combo.

At the very least, he gets a few games under his belt in case Mam gets injured and we need to fall back on a Rogers/Madden combo for a while.

Can we at least see this guy score a few tries against the Eels?

Cause he is well due for one...

ADKq_NbnJJN6B-_z1uaEusuRBBTEvZ4Mg3VabHwT5jAbZiRaZ5ovgbO_Be4JZfuh7jKpQJrHVDnl5yovRuM4aqgvoPS7jqzFcVXfoP0yGfww6Q1L3rIl8sJC2fNEowsMd4dv4P8pwexdAcUDuz9MRw5pLJ1n0BmnPaQk3KE1vbI_Xty9gCcp437VjVg0I0GcLPs9oyXUDFvr2DW4z3tOjmeFL4istHd4n0en7Vy8Vd-JFnDiMkubyN9MJzkYuS8LY2cMeHGIILo=s0-d-e1-ft

Can Madden/Mam/Rodgers show patience and read the lines Piakura runs just before the defensive line?

He is a true weapon and its time we start setting up plays 20-30 metres out for him.
That looked like try time if it went through the hands though.

Thoughts?
One game at a time I reckon. But let’s not rush him back if he’s not ready.

Black isn't in our top 30, so I don't think he'll be playing. Josh Rodgers deserves a shot, I've heard good compliments of his game and he has the potential.
I saw Billy Slater and Joey's response regarding Reynolds and I agree with them in that this could actually be a blessing in disguise and make the Broncos younger players less reliant on Reyno. Also Reyno will be back about 4-5 weeks before the finals so if he can stay injury free and come back he will be ready and primed for a big finals. Reynolds can still stay fit in the 2-3 months he is away as he can still run and do some work etc so it could be the making. I also think Rogers could also want to make a statement in that if he plays really well over the next few weeks, he might end up getting an NRL contract somewhere.

Those restrictions are no longer in place.

Both Rogers and Black are 'supplemental' players and could have been selected from Round 1. The only players that require an exemption are those under training contracts (eg. Josh Patston, Kurt Falls, Ethan O'Neil etc.) who will be available from Round 11 on.

Players outside the top 30 cant play till like round 13 or something like that anyways unless you get a special exemption from the NRL and that's normally only if there are no suitable players left available for selection in the top 30 for that position.

Players outside the top 30 cant play till like round 13 or something like that anyways unless you get a special exemption from the NRL and that's normally only if there are no suitable players left available for selection in the top 30 for that position.
Read above.

I covered this earlier, they've changed the rules around development players. They're now classified as supplemental players and are available for selection from Round 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Old Mate
  • LittleDavey
  • Behind enemy lines
  • lynx000
  • Morkel
  • Fozz
  • Foordy
  • Maddy
  • The True King
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brocko
  • Wolfie
  • Allo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Battler
  • Jazza
  • Sproj
  • blacknwhite
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.