PRE-GAME [Round 11, 2024] Broncos vs Sea Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.
be tempted to bring Baker into 17. Another big body against Manly who won't tackle.
we just run big units across the park...quick men will score. we will let a few in but when you get hit it will hurt..lol jokes but against the bottom 8 will never lose

I'm hoping last night's performance was down to the side being a bit shaky with Reyno out.

They have played well without him before this season, but it's different when you're facing life without your captain and most experienced player for months. Hopefully this win gives the side some confidence that if they can get the little effort areas right, they will be too good for most sides.

We really need a better performance next week. We cannot dish out what we did last night against Manly next week, DCE will fucking kill us. Even without Turbo, they're a big threat. They have played without him so much in recent years that they have learned how to win without him.

They said that Walters came into the game with the wrist injury.... I get he's first choice - but it was parra ffs, what better game for Madden to come on off the bench and get Billy back to 100%.
Ahh I didn’t realise it was something they were aware. I was worried he might have broken it, I wonder what the issue is?

I'm hoping last night's performance was down to the side being a bit shaky with Reyno out.

They have played well without him before this season, but it's different when you're facing life without your captain and most experienced player for months. Hopefully this win gives the side some confidence that if they can get the little effort areas right, they will be too good for most sides.

We really need a better performance next week. We cannot dish out what we did last night against Manly next week, DCE will fucking kill us. Even without Turbo, they're a big threat. They have played without him so much in recent years that they have learned how to win without him.
Manly win without Turbo?

Edit: just found this stat: "The Sea Eagles remain a far better team with him on the field, winning 63 per cent of games with him as opposed to 34 per cent without him since the start of 2019."

He will be the 14, surely. Now is his chance to stake his claim because he may not get another
There's no staking a claim at this point. He'll fill a role and continue his development. He isnt getting past Smoothy and Walters just yet.

I don't think they've learned how to win without Turbo yet.

Case and point every year (including last year) he has gotten injured long term...

Jetski is fucked. No wonder the Cows let him go.

As for the halves, I really like the Rogers option. Sure, Jock has earned it etc etc… however, I feel like Rogers just plays his role. The kicks for touch at the end to slow the game and stay in control were exactly what the team needed. We just seemed a calm team, getting their work done with a sprinkle of individual brilliance.

Jetski is fucked. No wonder the Cows let him go.

has Baker been replaced as the BHQ scapegoat?

people seriously need to give players time.

we're talking about a fringe first grader, who relocated a week ago, barely even knows his new team mates, barely even knows our structures and hasn't really had any time to gel with the team (obviously he hasn't even had a pre-season with us, just a couple of training sessions)

You reckon we'll get killed every week.

I want to see Walsh and Maam play their most risky, off the cuff, improv style high risk footy in this game.

Let everyone else play with structure and follow the gameplan, but give those two fellas free reign to run amok.

Broncos by 40.

When you stop and think we had six of the team sitting at age 21 last night, our future without Reyno looks just as bright with or without him (cue Bono/U2). Having got over the psychological hurdle of last night I think our boys will do a number on the sea-gulls (sic) next week, I really do.

I'm hoping Mozer gets a go from the bench along with his big partner in crime BTK. I'd be given Paddy 20 minutes (no more) in each half and I'd even think seriously about him missing his second stint if we are cruising away from the 'home' team.

I don't think he needs a rest, I just think he's slowed down to give the rest of the comp a chance to catch up. I mean look at the gap he has opened up on the players' leader board if you're still not convinced. 😂

They said that Walters came into the game with the wrist injury.... I get he's first choice - but it was parra ffs, what better game for Madden to come on off the bench and get Billy back to 100%.

You mean Mozer off da bench ?
Jock is out injured .

Ahh I didn’t realise it was something they were aware. I was worried he might have broken it, I wonder what the issue is?

Ligament in his wrist Kevvie said .
Also said expected him out next week .

As for the halves, I really like the Rogers option. Sure, Jock has earned it etc etc… however, I feel like Rogers just plays his role. The kicks for touch at the end to slow the game and stay in control were exactly what the team needed. We just seemed a calm team, getting their work done with a sprinkle of individual brilliance.

Rogers was mostly good .
Dropped off several tackles last night . Was lucky nothing developed .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Porthoz
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.