NRL Player
May 10, 2014

Tough break for the Broncos.

Giphy

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Karapani has been much improved for the Bears first three weeks looked miserable and disinterested but last month he’s playing left wing and finishing off tries nicely. Probably plays wing in an old school way, stays out and puts the ball down for two tries. Not too sure he’s going to get away with that in NRL.
Looking at his Souths highlights .
He doesn`t mind a run from dummy half . Could be a handy metre maker coming out of defence . Also saw some nice offloads . So he may be more inclined to pass the ball than one Herbert Felix Farnworth .

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
Something is up when every club is in injury crisis.

Maybe removing the scrums from kicking the ball out, adding the 6 again and basically making the game faster is causing it
It's gotta play a part. And it's laughable when people say the game has gone soft because of a penalty for light head contact when they ignore the other ~700 tackles per game with more force/weight involved than ever before. It gets more brutal every single year.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
Hopefully just 1 week. Walsh didn't seem as quick us usual last week on his long range try. And NRL Physio seems to think wet weather games might be contributing to the amount of hamstring injuries, and with showers potentially around tomorrow maybe a week off is good..
Something is up when every club is in injury crisis.

Maybe removing the scrums from kicking the ball out, adding the 6 again and basically making the game faster is causing it
Matty Johns seems to think it's a flaw in the boots causing these leg injuries.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
If he does end up going to the wing (I know he is said to be centre but just go with me), it would be interesting if he kills it there. If Walsh is only out one week, he could get the role off Oates potentially until Jesse is back.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
@1910 should we have anymore backline injuries, are we likely to see Leota or Trew anytime soon? Or are they also somehow injured?

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
@1910 should we have anymore backline injuries, are we likely to see Leota or Trew anytime soon? Or are they also somehow injured?

They finished Meninga three weeks ago and haven’t played again. No matter the injuries I’m doubtful Kev picks a 19 year old that not only isn’t playing Cup but isn’t playing.

Having said that Souths are on a skeleton staff so I wouldn’t be shocked if they don’t get a run this week.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
They finished Meninga three weeks ago and haven’t played again. No matter the injuries I’m doubtful Kev picks a 19 year old that not only isn’t playing Cup but isn’t playing.

Having said that Souths are on a skeleton staff so I wouldn’t be shocked if they don’t get a run this week.
Leota looked so far away from First Grade material IMO. Very talented but needs to learn how to play.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
There is no way these injuries aren't our useless conditioning staff at this point.

Sort it the **** out DD.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Its the ridiculous pace of the game. Six agains are destroying league.

I don't disagree that the 6 agains are shit, but I don't see how it injures a player. If they have to work hard, the conditioning coaches need to sort that out. If sorting that out means injuries to players in training, we need new coaches.

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
There is no way these injuries aren't our useless conditioning staff at this point.

Sort it the **** out DD.

We're hardly Robinson Crusoe in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Morkel
  • Jedhead
  • Financeguy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Big Del
  • whykickamoocow
  • Alec
  • Fozz
  • TimWhatley
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.