PRE-GAME [Round 11, 2024] Broncos vs Sea Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
How fucking good is kevy. Wants no concessions from the media, plays down how fucking ridiculous our injury luck has been all year and just expects the boys to get the job done. I bet karapani has a blinder tomorrow night.

ozzball

ozzball

QCup Player
Mar 17, 2013
Probably not the right thread but why do I have a sinking feeling in my gut about these rape allegations.

Finbar

Finbar

QCup Player
May 21, 2018
How do busted knees , feet and biceps fit into the "Da game is too fast " narrative ? They just implode because of fatigue and it`s all PVL`s fault . OK ...
One argument is that they are having to train harder to keep up with the pace of the game, which is making them more prone to breaking down.

Another argument is that because the game has sped up, they are under more fatigue which means they make worse decisions with their body position and this leads to injuries. As you get more tired you lose more and more fine control over your body and might throw an arm out in a bad way which ruptures your biceps.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Squad trimmed to 19 - Taupau and Rogers are 18 and 19

The numbers for the back line though yuck:
4. Cobbo
2. Oates
3. Staggs
21. Karapani
5. Mariner

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021

4. Cobbo
2. Oates
3. Staggs
21. Karapani
5. Mariner
Have a feeling Cobbos going to have a blinder, he's slowing been building towards it all year and this game his hands will be on the ball alot more.

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015
Have a feeling Cobbos going to have a blinder, he's slowing been building towards it all year and this game his hands will be on the ball alot more.
I hope so - he ran over Penisini and almost looked stunned.... One day that kids going to wake up and realise he's a big back and he can break out the beast mode to score tries.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016

4. Cobbo
2. Oates
3. Staggs
21. Karapani
5. Mariner
With Cobbo at fullback I hope we don't go too sideways.

I feel like we try to keep our same game plan even when Cobbo is back there, but I don't think ball playing is a strength for him... he has silky quick hands, but whenever he's out the back of shape he doesn't look all that comfortable.

We need to figure out a way to play when Cobbo is back there vs Walsh or Sailor... I'm not sure if we have the smarts to do that just yet though... especially when the entire team is patchwork at the moment.

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015

I feel like we try to keep our same game plan even when Cobbo is back there, but I don't think ball playing is a strength for him... he has silky quick hands, but whenever he's out the back of shape he doesn't look all that comfortable.

We need to figure out a way to play when Cobbo is back there vs Walsh or Sailor... I'm not sure if we have the smarts to do that just yet though... especially when the entire team is patchwork at the moment.
Two of our best attacking weapons in the shed is going to make this very tough. I was confident we would simply outscore Manly if we had to.... until Walsh was ruled out.

If Piakura plays like last week, Olakau'atu is going to have a big night.

Mozer's first game of the year with a real chance to press his NRL creds, Locky threw him a challenge this week to prove he deserves a top 17 spot. That could either spark him or trigger him to try and out play his capabilties.

We haven't even hit origin yet - we're going to be running out development players week in / week out soon if they can't stop these regular injuries.

Fatboy

Fatboy

QCup Player
Mar 8, 2008
Edit: No speculation on which club the player is from.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013

I remember for one game, he was most damaging at fullback when running through the middle. Hopefully he can be around the ruck if our forwards are dominating

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Cobbo to get airborne tonight!

kman

kman

QCup Player
Aug 8, 2021
I'm really looking forward to this round and especially our game tonight. It is a shame losing Walsh, but Cobbo is a very handy replacement. Best of luck to Mozer and I believe he's got a lot to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Jedhead
  • Bish
  • GCBRONCO
  • rj9
  • sooticus
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Aldo
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.