PRE-GAME [Round 11, 2024] Broncos vs Sea Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
any options other than paying for watchnrl? in thailand atm. kayo won't work, not even with my aussie vpn, it galls me to pay twice :(

plz feel free to pm me if u wanna say hi
Can you do 9now?

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
any options other than paying for watchnrl? in thailand atm. kayo won't work, not even with my aussie vpn, it galls me to pay twice :(

Go to a bar mate…nrl is everywhere

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015
According to Trew's Dad. I don't verify these rumours sorry, I just excitedly parrot them for the internet cred.

Unless he has something minor, appears to have played 80 mins last weekend.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

Unless he has something minor, appears to have played 80 mins last weekend.

I wish I had an answer, not at work so I can't ask sorry. But it would make sense as to why we're not playing Pereira, he's a solid first grader, I'm sure he would be preferred over a rookie considering the other outs.

Broncosarethebest

Broncosarethebest

NYC Player
Sep 3, 2022
Really looking fo

Have you tried signing up to a sports betting site like bet365? pretty sure the big multi national ones will have the game on live (they do in Australia anyway) not sure if you need to bet on it though.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
I work with a guy that has been saying his son's been signed to the Broncos since 15. All of a sudden saying that he's only one or two injuries away from getting a shot, I'm thinking "sure buddy, every young kids Dad has those high hopes". Turns out it's Trew's dad hahahaha. Now I know why he was away for his kid's footy camp for a week recently. Apparently his daughter is a bit of a gun too, signed with the Titans.

Sienna, plays U17 for GC.

M

mstreet

QCup Player
Sep 3, 2020

I usually watch at a sports bar when in Asia. There's heaps of them. They know Australians love their sport.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Bailey Trew - Dev player - Fullback.

I think a LOT more would need to go wrong for such a freshie to get an NRL berth this year.

We'd likely see Hoeter come in next if needed and Cobbloaf stay at the back. If Cobbo went down, we'd probably throw it at Mariner first just to get someone back there with some NRL experience to handle the pressure.

Walsh is next week, Sailer is back in 6ish weeks.

@1910 Bailey Trew - any word on how he goes?

Finished Meninga three weeks ago and had a very disrupted season.

Played 8 games which is up from the two he played in 23. Missed three weeks after a high tackle.

He hasn’t played since the end of the season- Souths didn’t make finals and never played Cup.

If he was any chance to play NRL this year Hunt would be being told to play him.

The chances of debuting in the NRL after no football in three weeks and no Cup is pretty small. He played centre for Souths too.

His Meninga season certainly wasn’t great.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
And so it should ... weather, location (SEQ), the stadium and Caxton St make it a great location to have that many people at once whilst also keeping them entertained.

If it was at Melbourne it would have to be the MCG or Marvel I'm guessing??

You've got AFL to fight for access over 3 days, plus oval stadiums are shit to watch footy at.

Optus in Perth is a long ass flight and may deter 150k people heading there... because let's face it 95% of the crowd will be from the east coast... and it's an oval stadium.

NZ would be at Wellington im guessing?? Needs to be a big stadium. I think it's an oval as well?? But I think if they were going to send it anywhere that should be the next best preference. Time slots would need to be a consideration in NZ though... 8pm AEST is 10pm in NZ, so Friday and Saturday night games arent finishing until basically midnight local time and Sunday night is finishing 1030 local time... might be a ghost town for those late games

Sydney does not need it... they should be holding mini Magic Rounds multiple times throughout the year with double and triple headers at one of their stadiums. If they start to get traction and interest for them then maybe think about a Sydney Magic Round.
I reckon gold coast would be a good spot too, ust a shame robina is in such a shit area although you could make somehing temporary (bars, food stalls, festival-like) of the space around it. And the nz option could still be Auckland which would be awesome I reckon.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Bailey Trew - Dev player - Fullback.

I think a LOT more would need to go wrong for such a freshie to get an NRL berth this year.

We'd likely see Hoeter come in next if needed and Cobbloaf stay at the back. If Cobbo went down, we'd probably throw it at Mariner first just to get someone back there with some NRL experience to handle the pressure.

Walsh is next week, Sailer is back in 6ish weeks.

@1910 Bailey Trew - any word on how he goes?
Hoeter out for the year. I feel sorry for him. Was so solid for us and would have had a few games this year if not. 30 years old now, but he might have been a shot to jag that oates bench spot as well I reckon. Wing, centre and could easily play 2nd row, makes good decisions in defence, hard runner, no mistakes, nothing flash. He fought his way back to get into nrl then a door opens for him and he gets a season ending injury

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Finished Meninga three weeks ago and had a very disrupted season.

Played 8 games which is up from the two he played in 23. Missed three weeks after a high tackle.

He hasn’t played since the end of the season- Souths didn’t make finals and never played Cup.

If he was any chance to play NRL this year Hunt would be being told to play him.

The chances of debuting in the NRL after no football in three weeks and no Cup is pretty small. He played centre for Souths too.

His Meninga season certainly wasn’t great.
Only watched a few games but Trew looks like there’s decent potential. A good size and got some good speed but struggled in a bad team I felt

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I reckon gold coast would be a good spot too, ust a shame robina is in such a shit area although you could make somehing temporary (bars, food stalls, festival-like) of the space around it. And the nz option could still be Auckland which would be awesome I reckon.
I reckon they will want the stadium to be a minimum capacity of 50k, which would impact some places getting it moving forward and will usually mean it's at an oval stadium outside of Sydney and Brisbane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Hoof Hearted
  • mrslong
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Lostboy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Justwin
  • ell.d33
  • Morkel
  • marw
  • Broncorob
  • Harry Sack
  • sooticus
  • BruiserMk1
  • FACTHUNT
  • Brocko
  • The True King
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.