Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Injuries cruelled us, and helped the Cows make all those meters in the last 20 minutes, and of course, there was their trademark fluke try, but let's be honest...
We also let them get to a position where they could do that to us, by making too many boneheaded mistakes when we should've put the game to bed. Be it through Kahu's failed sitter, Roberts play off the ground, Parker's silly penalty or Milford's multiple clangers, we should have been beyond 2 converted tries, and broken their spirit, by the time the Cows brought their starting middle forwards back in the second half.

It wasn't because of it we lost, but refereeing is also becoming a joke again. How on earth was Taumalolo not pinged for being offside, and how can the Cows get away with so many clear forward passes and laying in the ruck for eons, without being penalised?

It's the fourth time in as many games, that we allow the Cowboys to run roughshod in the last quarter.
We need our halves to step up and control the game in attack, and we need to keep our line speed in defense, because by hanging back, you won't stop the likes of Scott, Tamou, and especially Taumalolo, from making huge meters, gaining enormous advantage, and giving Granville and Thurston the platform they need to cut us to pieces.

Wayne gave a good indication he is not happy with our kicking game in the presser. He mentioned how especially Hunt has been working hard on it, although we're not seeing much results from it, but like he said, there is no point in flogging the horse, since we have no one better now.
I reckon he's even unhappier with the headless chook impression we have been giving when in possession of the ball in the second halves against the Cows...

Last edited:
Are we ALL on the same side?

.......some of the over zealous Cowboy sycophants I've been reading, makes me wonder.

Yep, I've seen a few cocky cows fans rock bumper sticker with the quote 'I support the Cowboys or anyone playing the Broncos.' Watching them dive to the bottom of the ladder post jt will be almost as satisfying as witnessing the rorter and manly fall from grace this year.

The butthurt is amazing about JT to be honest. He is a great of the game. He was the difference last night. Sure Kahu missed that kick but Broncos fans are used to losing because of goalkicking. In the end having 1 bloke left on the bench was the killer blow.

The media's portrayal of the game got a reaction out of me as well.

With Oates, McCullough and Wallace off-the field it was obvious the Broncos were in trouble. The Cowboys had been in this position a number of times, and with blood in the water players like JT, Coote and Morgan know how to turnaround an average performance and strike. With Scott, Tamou and Taumalolo back, they're just a frightening force in the middle and the Broncos were just lambs to the slaughter. It's brilliance by the Cowboys, but it's also bravery from the Broncos. At 18-all, with all the possession the Cows should have finished well on top of the Broncos. A lot of teams would have conceded two or three more tries, lord knows the Eels did. Except the Broncos kept fighting. Even when they lost another player, they were willing to risk their hand and take this game to the death. That's what this game means to them, this is what this rivalry means to both sides.

But that would require putting over both sides and the media struggles to do that. The last time Brisbane were paid a compliment was in response to the colossal whinging surrounding the Storm beating the Roosters. Melbourne won through nefarious means and Sydney were just too rattled to compete with them. Meanwhile Brisbane and North Queensland played the game with the spirit it should be played. Nevermind the fact that North Queensland on average slowed the play down longer than any side that week. How that little factoid goes unmentioned grinds my gears.

This!

It was the same on FoxSports. Broncos were clearly in front without injuries. The injuries changed the game, but not one mention from the commentators. It was a JT love-fest.

As a number have posted above, and this is so important, their 2 x JT's, Scott and Tamou ONLY made a difference in the 2nd half when we were down on troops and we were AMAZING in defence to contain them as well as we did and only go down by a FG.

For mine, Macca is so important to this side. I still think he is the glue which binds the structures and shape, and Hunt & Milf's combinations seemed to deteriorate when he was off the field. Boyd is another key player who with Macca, keeps the side organised.

I still think we seriously under-utilise Roberts, and not just as a wide running centre but again, as the Cows use Morgan. Roberts should be playing all over the park in his own way like Hodges did. C'mon... it's time....

Milford showed his inexperience by trying too hard and he will come good as others observe. Hunt still remains a total mystery to me. One week he turns it up to the top level, the next he is just .... I don't know, good, I guess, but I wish he would just run at the line a whole lot more and put in heaps of well, thoughtful short kicks all over the place.

Why don't we short kick for Milf and Roberts in all thirds? A clever chip for Roberts in particular... he is so quick he would easily beat anyone to the ball and then it's mostly shut the gates.

Overall, on last night's performance, given the lousy refereeing, the huge impact our injuries had ... I mean losing Oates one of key weapons, and Wallace in the middle, I have no doubt whatsoever that we are THE team to beat once we get both consistence in the halves, and a bit of luck with injuries, oh, and Roberts gets to do a whole lot more than he does already which is pretty damn good.

Last edited:
I get that Wayne is Wayne and he wants to take the two. But every time we were on their line we looked super likely. We kept them close enough by taking penalties when we could have put more on them and made it a hell of a lot tougher for them to run us down. For me this is what lost us the game. We can't control injuries etc but we should be able to know when we have the running and keep the pressure on.
As it was I thought we did really well in the back end to stay in it.

We need a better half back still imo. Individually, our halves are good, but neither is a Cronk or a JT who can dictate a game when the pressure is on. Move Hunt to Hooker, let Melbourne have Knik and we can take Cronk. Simple as that!

**** no. Jesus fucking Christ no. ****.

Mate, just my opinion, but there were definitely forward passes that went uncalled.

Even so Thurston is a absolute champion and he did what champions do and rose when his team needed him.

Not trying to take anything away from the Cowboys win, just something I think the NRL need to crack down on in general.

Don't take too hard, BP just thinks the Cowboys are a class above. He predicted a win to them of 26 - 6.

of of course not. i think ur missing the point im trying to make. there is a reason most so called experts tip cowboys to win.

if you cant just admit at the moment cows are the more complete side then i dont know how to make you see it. and yes that does not mean we cant win i mean clearly we were 1 tackle away from a premiership.

but u gotta admire the way the cows play and if the broncs can get to that level of just dominating teams pinning them down there end for last 20 minutes of games then with out defense we will be unbeatable.

its just a matter of us lifting that extra gear and not playing negative football when chips are down. ( and maybe 1 more big forward added to the roster )

Actually most so called experts tipped the Broncos to when even though we were playing in townsville, but by all means keep reaching.

We need a better half back still imo. Individually, our halves are good, but neither is a Cronk or a JT who can dictate a game when the pressure is on. Move Hunt to Hooker, let Melbourne have Knik and we can take Cronk. Simple as that!

That's pretty stupid.

The butthurt is amazing about JT to be honest. He is a great of the game. He was the difference last night. Sure Kahu missed that kick but Broncos fans are used to losing because of goalkicking. In the end having 1 bloke left on the bench was the killer blow.
You're right about JT. That hit by Moose needs to happen EVERY time he takes it to the line.

Until he retires and so long as the Cowboys keep winning relatively consistently, JT is the media's 2015-whenever version of Sonny Bill in '13 and Sam Burgess in '14. Everything he does (or at times doesn't do) is labelled 'genius' but nothing is said when he ***** up. That and his constant ref bitching is killing his rep to a decent slice of fans. Yeah he's a great player, but give credit where it's actually due ffs regardless of the result

lol Phil Gould spent about 5 minutes crediting JT with Lachlan Coote's try because he passed to him on the last play instead of going for the kick himself.

I get that Wayne is Wayne and he wants to take the two. But every time we were on their line we looked super likely. We kept them close enough by taking penalties when we could have put more on them and made it a hell of a lot tougher for them to run us down. For me this is what lost us the game. We can't control injuries etc but we should be able to know when we have the running and keep the pressure on.
As it was I thought we did really well in the back end to stay in it.

That was a real problem for me last night.

I understand the taking the two points, but we were already losing players at that point and we had the Cowboys on the back foot. They were at 6's and 7's. We were going to break them.

I thought we should have backed ourselves and gone for the killer blow.

Last edited:

When they got the ball back at one stage, the determination on his face was something else. That FG he kicked while injured, it was just class.

And yes. He took a GF off us. The amount of butt hurt is large. If he's not wearing maroon, I hate him.

I thought Hunt's kicking last night was the best it's been all season. Still room to improve, but better than any other time this year. He was better than Milford.

Realistically we win the game if any of a number of things happen:
- Roberts doesn't get pulled up by Cummins
- Three injuries & we have some fresh legs in the last 20
- Kahu converts our first try.

All in all pretty good considering it was in Townsville and a lot of things went the Cowboys way.

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Porthoz
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.