vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any body here listen to Grandstand on the ABC radio ?
Mathew Elliot gives some very interesting insight to what goes on behind the scenes at football clubs in his coaches corner spot .

Also Dean Hallatau is very articulate with his explanations of life in the NRL .

Learnt a few things listening to them and Warren Ryan back in the day . Certainly more indepth understanding than what we get from the TV coverage .

I'd love to ... but IMO Foxtel is a massive rip off. if Foxtel play/Go allowed me to just get the sports package as a stand alone, i would consider it (especially during the NRL season), but last time i tries to sign up it made me get their basic package first and the sports on top, costing me another $25 a month for something i had no interest in.

IMO, Foxtel are losing plenty of customers by doing that sort of thing ... then they complain about illegal streaming services. and even if they were able to eradicate all other illegal streaming services they still wouldn't be able to compete with the likes of Netflix and Stan etc.

but that's for another thread ... I'm just looking forward to seeing our boys kick some Kiwi ass

It costs way too much, but Foxtel imo is better over all, it has a shit load of complete series and movies, better quality over all than Netflix. And all the NRL games is sweet. If they got rid of the stupid package options and dropped the price 25-50 it would be perfect.

Any body here listen to Grandstand on the ABC radio ?
Mathew Elliot gives some very interesting insight to what goes on behind the scenes at football clubs in his coaches corner spot .

Also Dean Hallatau is very articulate with his explanations of life in the NRL .

Learnt a few things listening to them and Warren Ryan back in the day . Certainly more indepth understanding than what we get from the TV coverage .

I didn't hear it, but I like Matt Elliott. He seems like a good guy and his tactical analysis might be the best in the game.

It costs way too much, but Foxtel imo is better over all, it has a shit load of complete series and movies, better quality over all than Netflix. And all the NRL games is sweet. If they got rid of the stupid package options and dropped the price 25-50 it would be perfect.
I have the basic package and add sports+hd for the season. And drama when GoT is on. Wish I could just pay for the 2 channels I want. :(

Quietly keen to see Benji have a run around in first grade for the Bronx. Hope he has a blonder, a guy who brought so much excitement to the game between 2005-2011 doesn't deserve to fade away into obscurity without a decent send off.

I kind of hope the Tigers sign him on the cheap as a bench utility for 2018, so he can have a somewhat dignified exit.

Quietly keen to see Benji have a run around in first grade for the Bronx. Hope he has a blonder, a guy who brought so much excitement to the game between 2005-2011 doesn't deserve to fade away into obscurity without a decent send off.

I kind of hope the Tigers sign him on the cheap as a bench utility for 2018, so he can have a somewhat dignified exit.
I think benji would look silly with bleached hair.

Wayne Bennett wants to save Kodi Nikorima’s spark for when Warriors tire

BRONCOS coach Wayne Bennett says he has benched Kodi Nikorima because the young utility cannot play 80 minutes at hooker.

After five weeks of successfully filling in for Ben Hunt at halfback, the Kiwi international has been relegated to the interchange bench for today’s clash against the Warriors in New Zealand.

Bennett’s decision to drop Nikorima from the starting side has left many fans confused, after the Broncos won all five games with him in the No. 7 jersey.

But with star rake Andrew McCullough ruled out of today’s game with a concussion, Bennett said he needed Nikorima to provide impact off the bench.

Travis Waddell will start in the No. 9 jersey and Bennett said he would inject Nikorima later in the match, claiming the 23-year-old could not handle a full game in the middle of the field.

“Kodi’s not going to be able to play 80 minutes at hooker. He’s not Andrew McCullough,” Bennett said.

“That would be stupid to even attempt that. Travis will do a job for us and when we get him off, Kodi will get on.

“He’ll get plenty of playing time but more importantly he’ll be more effective because he won’t be tired and exhausted in that later part of the game.”

Hunt will return from a hamstring injury, with Benji Marshall to partner him in the halves in place of Maroons debutant Anthony Milford.

There are not expected to be any changes to the line-up which Bennett named on Tuesday, with strike centre James Roberts passed fit after injuring his toe in a training run earlier this week.

The showdown with the Warriors is an important game for the Broncos, as it marks the start of the dreaded Origin period.

With six players out for Origin I on Wednesday, a depleted Brisbane is wary of the wounded Warriors, who have lost four of their past five games.

“Broncos have a long history of having a lot of players in Origin and we have to play without them,” Bennett said.

“It gives some young guys an opportunity so I hope they’re excited.

“The Warriors that have played the last couple of weeks, that’s not what they’re going to produce (today).”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...e/news-story/24f3728baed8356d84b22ecc9d95f88b

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.