PointsBet Stadium

Saturday
Night
19:35

Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure why sharks are a hard task..Add Oatesy and a 2forwards we will smack them. they like a fast game. same as us. stopthe back 3 they are 100% reliant on Nicho we know how to shut that down....our 2nd team is stronger in the middle roll on compress and give them nothing their forwards are shite

not sure why sharks are a hard task..Add Oatesy and a 2forwards we will smack them. they like a fast game. same as us. stopthe back 3 they are 100% reliant on Nicho we know how to shut that down....our 2nd team is stronger in the middle roll on compress and give them nothing their forwards are shite
warriors got them at the death... didnt get us

We have 3 byes left. We don’t rest on a top 4 clash. If we plan like a bunch of pussies we will dish up like a bunch of pussies. Every single one of our origin players on Wednesday night won’t have played in 13 days. It’s game 1 and we have 2 byes in the next 5-6 weeks we shouldn’t be resting on the first origin game. If after game 3 we decide we are in a good position and it would be beneficial to rest all the boys than fine but not after game 1 going into a huge clash.
With how tight the completion is we need our best team on the field for these games at this point in the season. If the boys pull up sore sure rest them but not just for the sake of it when we still have 3 byes up our sleeve.

With how tight the completion is we need our best team on the field for these games at this point in the season. If the boys pull up sore sure rest them but not just for the sake of it when we still have 3 byes up our sleeve.
paid to play ffs. badge of honour to back up and get your team home

Cobbos the one that needs to be "rested" the most. Give him a few weeks off with Origin, let Billy work some magic on him and get him in after Origin 2. Maybe rest him after 3 too.

I know we had a few errors tonight, but it was good not having that guaranteed half dozen errors between Walsh and Cobbo. Really helped with our forward pack being a bit weaker.

Yeah 100%. Sorry I didn’t elaborate enough. My stance is that nobody should be rested for the sake of it after the 1st game. If they are sore, injured or had huge game time than fine but otherwise, as you said we need the best team possible out there.

Yeah 100%. Sorry I didn’t elaborate enough. My stance is that nobody should be rested for the sake of it after the 1st game. If they are sore, injured or had huge game time than fine but otherwise, as you said we need the best team possible out there.
playing soo a privilege

job....broncs back to work boys. kw manage but get on

Cobbos the one that needs to be "rested" the most. Give him a few weeks off with Origin, let Billy work some magic on him and get him in after Origin 2. Maybe rest him after 3 too.

I know we had a few errors tonight, but it was good not having that guaranteed half dozen errors between Walsh and Cobbo. Really helped with our forward pack being a bit weaker.
the one should not be rested he needs to show he is a bronco

needs a massive back up

dont be a baby
prove CULT wrong

I think any win in this period is a bonus and we will be up against a side with only Hynes backing up off limited minutes in origin no doubt. I suspect Patty will play big minutes and there are obviously question marks over Payne’s ankle so I’d rest them both. I would actually like to give these kids or at least most of them another go, they showed they can definitely compete. I’d only consider playing the origin guys if they come back fresh and wanting to play. We are in a bit of a situation where we can do a bit more managing than we otherwise might and it could be short term pain for back end gain. I want to see Sailor, Mariner, Piakura and Willison get more time and exposure at this level.

Sharks are a very good attacking side, but their defence has been questionable all year.

This game is winnable.

If our Origin players say they're good to go, let them play. We can give them a rest later on.

I think any win in this period is a bonus and we will be up against a side with only Hynes backing up off limited minutes in origin no doubt. I suspect Patty will play big minutes and there are obviously question marks over Payne’s ankle so I’d rest them both. I would actually like to give these kids or at least most of them another go, they showed they can definitely compete. I’d only consider playing the origin guys if they come back fresh and wanting to play. We are in a bit of a situation where we can do a bit more managing than we otherwise might and it could be short term pain for back end gain. I want to see Sailor, Mariner, Piakura and Willison get more time and exposure at this level.
Valid points but I do feel you are letting your excitement for some new toys cloud your judgement a little. Patty should at least get a short stint rather than Willison/Piakura. Oates should be back which will push Mariner out one way or another.

I think this origin series is going to take Walsh to the next level. I went and watched Queensland training yesterday and in 3 separate occasions Billy (arguably the best fullback of all time) was just 1-1 with Walsh working on different things for 5-10min each time over a 1.5/2 hour training session. That coaching will be invaluable to him and will compound over the week and the series. It was so good to see how much time Billy was spending with him and by far more than any other player.

I think this origin series is going to take Walsh to the next level. I went and watched Queensland training yesterday and in 3 separate occasions Billy (arguably the best fullback of all time) was just 1-1 with Walsh working on different things for 5-10min each time over a 1.5/2 hour training session. That coaching will be invaluable to him and will compound over the week and the series. It was so good to see how much time Billy was spending with him and by far more than any other player.
It’s always met with resistance whenever you compare a young guy to a possible immortal but I do think there is a lot of similarity between young Slater and Walsh. Similar builds, similar desire to pull off a big play every time they are near the ball in attack or defence (for better or worse). Blinding acceleration, avid students of the game. Somewhat punchable faces

Valid points but I do feel you are letting your excitement for some new toys cloud your judgement a little. Patty should at least get a short stint rather than Willison/Piakura. Oates should be back which will push Mariner out one way or another.

I'm not though. I was not overly impressed with Piakura and Willison was solid, tried his butt off but also made some mistakes. Mariner though, aside from the drop, was great. So I am not saying this because I want our regular, far better players replaced. I just think this is an opportunity to give these kids 4 or 5 games in this period instead of 1 or 2. We have done well to get to a position where we can do this. We also need to factor in back end of season burn out. This is where I am coming from.

All of our origin guys are young and fit (our side in general is probably the fittest in the comp). Surely they can all back up barring injuries. The only exceptions would be Haas if his ankle is a legitimate issue and possibly Carrigan if he plays stupid minutes, as in 70+ which shouldn’t happen given the qld bench.

The sharks aren’t that flash. Winning in nz was the tougher task.

I'm not though. I was not overly impressed with Piakura and Willison was solid, tried his butt off but also made some mistakes. Mariner though, aside from the drop, was great. So I am not saying this because I want our regular, far better players replaced. I just think this is an opportunity to give these kids 4 or 5 games in this period instead of 1 or 2. We have done well to get to a position where we can do this. We also need to factor in back end of season burn out. This is where I am coming from.
As I said, valid points. I just don’t think we are in a position to do so. I would rather wait until we have locked the finals down and then give them some games at the back end. They’ll organically get games over the origin period anyway

He doesn’t get that luxury for mine this year. If he as a winger isn’t professional enough to cope with the rigours of backing up from origin without injury than well he is pretty weak hearted. He out of all of them should be the one having to back up and I don’t see how middle codling him will do him any good. Last year was also an extreme circumstance in that he had one of the most brutal KO’s we have seen in a long time. Not to mention when they play origin it will have been 13 days since their previous game, that’s a very big break beforehand to not be able to back up afterwards.

You do watch games Fitzy ?
Wingers run with the ball into the opposition forwards a lot more than hookers or 2nd rowers do . It`s not like it used to be .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Waynesaurus
  • blacknwhite
  • Mister Wright
  • GCBRONCO
  • Strop
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Allo
  • sooticus
  • broncos4life
  • Johnny92
  • Mr Fourex
  • cento
  • theshed
  • Bish
  • mrslong
  • Alec
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.