Suncorp Stadium

Saturday
Afternoon
17:30

Knights

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are already effectively on 26 points. Probably, given the tightness of the comp maximum 2 wins from finals. The issue for our boys really is our own heads now. They will easily win 2/3 more games, most likely more but will they switch off and start thinking finals too early again?

Will Kevvie rest players / give the 2nd stringers a bone ?
Is what I am interested in .

We are already effectively on 26 points. Probably, given the tightness of the comp maximum 2 wins from finals. The issue for our boys really is our own heads now. They will easily win 2/3 more games, most likely more but will they switch off and start thinking finals too early again?
I still think need 14 wins to be GUARANTEED a finals spot. We had 13 last year (which is why the bs about us not doing ok was crazy) and the comp is even closer this year.

Well this is what many posters wanted to see. Up to Smoothy to own it now because if he doesn't have an all time great game, those same posters will call for him to never play again.

Walters was never going to admit to an argument but oh well.

I don't like that he's been sent back to Souths to take Mozer's time away and I really don't think it was the best time to complain considering we are winning. Should have just got his wife to complain on Facebook like the rest of the boys do.

"Kev's reasoning is that Paix needs more minutes, as he hasn't been getting enough in the NRL. Now he'll share minutes with Blake Mozer for Souths Logan on the weekend."

Sensible reasoning... and even sharing the duties with Mozer will mean more game time

Well this is what many posters wanted to see. Up to Smoothy to own it now because if he doesn't have an all time great game, those same posters will call for him to never play again.

Smoothy has tackled his way through so far; his attack is getting better but if he plays 20 minutes tomorrow, he does what Paix does and makes 12 tackles. He's certainly been kicking more lately to help Rogers, but I am not sure Reynolds will need help.

I don't like that he's been sent back to Souths to take Mozer's time away and I really don't think it was the best time to complain considering we are winning. Should have just got his wife to complain on Facebook like the rest of the boys do.

It only takes about 10 minutes off Mozer, if Hunt plays it the same as last time against Tweed- Eggerling drops off the bench and Mozer and Paix share 40 minutes.

If they continue to look at everything in 4 week bundles then it shouldn't be difficult to keep their heads focussed.

Last year they were talking about finals, etc. halfway through the year.

They dont seem to be doing that at the moment... they keep referring back to last year and the drop off that occurred... so it is still front of mind from the outside looking in

Attachments

• IMG_5998.jpeg
    IMG_5998.jpeg
    75.6 KB · Views: 37
If Paix and Kev had a verbal disagreement our main man Pete "The Scoop" Badel would be all over it with his "Star Bronco sidelined after blockbuster verbal clash with Bronco legend" type headlines.

The reality is Paix is a guy trying to prove his worth as an NRL player, it's not rare for players like him to come in and out of NRL squads. Billy certainly doesn't deserve to be dropped so we can tap that one on the head before all the nepotists come at me.

I don't think Kev is the spiteful type. There's nothing at all to suggest they had an argument, his reasoning seems perfectly consistent with Paix' performances this year.

If he were, Selwyn would be playing for a new club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Tim K
  • Manlyman
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Dash
  • Cavalo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Aldo
  • Galah
  • Manofoneway
  • MrRobot
  • Alec
  • peter09
  • Jazza
  • Battler
  • lynx000
  • Old Mate
  • Culhwch
  • MrMoore
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncos Maestro
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.