[Round 18, 2021] Broncos vs Tigers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Not sure where the bias is here! We've established we don't know if Isaako called for it or not and the same is true for Nui. We do know that Nui nearly fucked it up for Isaako.
So, Isaako gets there in time, makes a safe catch and is nearly bowled over by the late arriving Nui and Isaako is the only player singled out!

You accused me of bias but can you not see that by blaming Isaako @theshed showed the true bias? I simply called a spade a spade. Isaako did nothing wrong yet was labelled bird-brained! Theshed singled out Isaako yet completely disregarded Nui!

Also, what was the definitive statement? That Isaako called for it? Yep, could be wrong but watching I thought he did.

I do agree it was great to see both guys committed but I can't agree that Isaako did anything wrong in the collision whilst conceding he may not have called for it. I wouldn't describe his performance as bird brained.

See now this is called pivoting. My post was directed toward you, no one else. You made a definitive statement in saying Isaako called for it, there is no possible way you can know that unless you were Niu. The camera angles on replays certainly don’t show it.

It also isn’t unusual to think that in the MIDDLE of the field, if a winger crashes into the fullback it is the winger’s fault.

Your view could well be right but it isn’t based on any less assumptions than anyone else’s.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
See now this is called pivoting. My post was directed toward you, no one else. You made a definitive statement in saying Isaako called for it, there is no possible way you can know that unless you were Niu. The camera angles on replays certainly don’t show it.

It also isn’t unusual to think that in the MIDDLE of the field, if a winger crashes into the fullback it is the winger’s fault.

Your view could well be right but it isn’t based on any less assumptions than anyone else’s.
Well I don't know about anyone else, but I sure am looking forward with anticipation to the next three pages of back and forwards about this issue. Can't wait.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I probably misrepresented my thoughts. I didn’t mean to single out Isaako but I can see why in the context of the post it appeared that way. I actually meant the clash occurring at all was bird brained, not Isaako himself. In that post I was intending for them to share the blame between them. An argument may be made that one or the other wasn’t at fault but I hadn’t analysed it to that extent. Simply that it was a massive goof that Isaako was involved in (but by no means entirely to blame for).
Oh, okay. I was probably an over protective mum. It sure looked clumsy and Isaako probably didn't make it plain it was his ball.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Well I don't know about anyone else, but I sure am looking forward with anticipation to the next three pages of back and forwards about this issue. Can't wait.
Yeah, you're right. I won't be commenting any further about if. In fact, I thought I was a numptie posting last time so...Definitely need to let shit go and even just let people be wrong (in my opinion!)

Cavalo

Cavalo

NYC Player
Sep 20, 2019
I would have thought Staggs, Riki, Bullemore, Paix, Arthars, Cobbo…would be playing ISC this week? I know it’s a bye for the first grade squad and a long, gruelling season but especially Staggs could do with the run?

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
I would have thought Staggs, Riki, Bullemore, Paix, Arthars, Cobbo…would be playing ISC this week? I know it’s a bye for the first grade squad and a long, gruelling season but especially Staggs could do with the run?
I see your point. Perhaps them in the know thought it more beneficial to give them a weekend off away from footy. Sometimes less is more.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
COVID protocols unfortunately.
**** sake... Covid continuing to **** with our ability to get guys into ISC.

Could we release Cobbo from the bubble given we have a few wingers and he should definitely be playing footy every week??

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019

Could we release Cobbo from the bubble given we have a few wingers and he should definitely be playing footy every week??
ISC has stopped for the time being I believe, same with NSW Cup.

Because both series are filled with part timers who have 2nd jobs it's not feesable.

H

hartwood

BRL Player
May 25, 2021

Because both series are filled with part timers who have 2nd jobs it's not feesable.
ISC is going ahead this week. Next week was supposed to be "rivalry round" but they moved it to this week to minimise travel

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013

No they’re playing, last week was moved to the bye weekend on the 25th.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015

The thing that pisses me off is that we will be in a bubble because of Sydney, whereas if we had an outbreak up here they would 100% let nsw teams still have their players play nsw cup.

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
jon stewart television GIF

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
Mam is still playing, got one to watch tomorrow.
I really hope he kicks on. I really think reynolds needs a quick ball player in the halves to partner him (and having a older/younger halves combo will be good for transition planning).

Staggs has speed and power but lacks the ball playing, and although kelly and gamble have the ball play, they lack the speed to pose a running threat and put them on the outside of their man and outnumber the opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncsgoat
  • Tim K
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.