Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
The only time I've thought the Broncos were a sure thing was 93

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Yeah we held on against the Storm, came back and stole it from the Roosters, were playing horribly and still almost beat the Dragons when they were playing well. The only two games where we have been outplayed is the Rabbits and Cowboys v2.0.

We will learn a lot with our run home and I for one am super glad we have such a tough run into the finals. We'll hit the finals running and be battle-hardened and completely ready. Much prefer that to a soft run-in.

A

Astro

QCup Player
Jun 27, 2014
Just wanted to revisit this game quickly because of what i saw last night.

Last night in the storm-tigers game the storm raced away to a 10-0 score line, they looked like scoring multiple times after that but couldnt convert their opportunities into points.

Then all of a sudden tigers put 3 quick tries on them and momentum and scoreline favoured the tigers.

The storm couldn't recover or stem the flow of points and the Tigers went on to win 34-16. And it just goes to show you cant go to sleep against any team out there.

I wanted to bring that up because I think it makes what we did against the tigers even more special. We let our guard down, dropped the ball and went to sleep... But we recovered. And thats the difference this year. Our ability to slow the momentum switch and just grind the game back in our favor. I love it and its the most enjoyable football ive seen the Broncos play for a long time.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

Last night in the storm-tigers game the storm raced away to a 10-0 score line, they looked like scoring multiple times after that but couldnt convert their opportunities into points.

Then all of a sudden tigers put 3 quick tries on them and momentum and scoreline favoured the tigers.

The storm couldn't recover or stem the flow of points and the Tigers went on to win 34-16. And it just goes to show you cant go to sleep against any team out there.

I wanted to bring that up because I think it makes what we did against the tigers even more special. We let our guard down, dropped the ball and went to sleep... But we recovered. And thats the difference this year. Our ability to slow the momentum switch and just grind the game back in our favor. I love it and its the most enjoyable football ive seen the Broncos play for a long time.

Excellent assessment, and I agree, it's nice to be confident in our team once again.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008

I agree with this as well. But in viewing the other game last night, the team to beat for the title this year in my view is the Roosters.

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
I agree with this as well. But in viewing the other game last night, the team to beat for the title this year in my view is the Roosters.

I disagree with your last point.

I was completely unimpressed by the Roosters. Their attack was clunky. Canterbury gifted them three tries at least (the first one, rts and the last one). I thought their defence was pretty week too (heck they let in 28 points).

I kept thinking that when the Roosters play a good team they will get found out.

Rhys van Beurden

Rhys van Beurden

QCup Player
Jun 20, 2013
I disagree with your last point.

I was completely unimpressed by the Roosters. Their attack was clunky. Canterbury gifted them three tries at least (the first one, rts and the last one). I thought their defence was pretty week too (heck they let in 28 points).

I kept thinking that when the Roosters play a good team they will get found out.

Funny, considering everyone else in the league is waiting for our wheels to fall off, despite us only having not beaten 1 team currently in the top 8. I really haven't been that impressed by the Roosters or the Cows this year, those two being are biggest rivals for the trophy, despite what anyone else says. Not to say we are out and out favourites, but we are doing better than we are seemingly credited for.

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
Funny, considering everyone else in the league is waiting for our wheels to fall off, despite us only having not beaten 1 team currently in the top 8. I really haven't been that impressed by the Roosters or the Cows this year, those two being are biggest rivals for the trophy, despite what anyone else says. Not to say we are out and out favourites, but we are doing better than we are seemingly credited for.

I don't know about the Cowboys. I feel like something is missing with them. Not sure what. I think it's because so many of their wins are 'come from behind'....even against poor teams (eels, canberra etc) and I don't think you can continually do that...

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
It is because the middle of the ruck misses too many tackles

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
That kind of stuff isn't important... That's why McCullough is shit.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • broncsgoat
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fozz
  • Totally Unr3al
  • FACTHUNT
  • Alec
  • Swordfish
  • PETERN
  • scobie
  • Sproj
  • Galah
  • whykickamoocow
  • Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • mrslong
  • Aldo
  • Johnny92
  • ivanhungryjak
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.