Round 19 - Broncos vs Warriors - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They do tend to fire up around this time.

It's a big IF though. If they're not at 100% I don't think they'll beat us.

Should be a beauty. Even as just a fan of League I'm looking forward to it.

I watched the warriors play last night and they didn't convince me at all. The titans are at best a average defensive side and were missing some key players, but in saying that the broncos are basically back to full strength and i think they'll win it.

One thing I always notice is when we play the warriors there are always more 'serious' injuries. Hopefully that is not the case this time...

Possession will be the key against the Warriors, and always seems to be. If we can limit the amount of mistakes we make and get good field position from our 5th tackle plays we will go a long way to beating the Warriors. If we give them the ball in good field position they will burn us.

Hurrell could be out for the Warriors but Vatuvei will likely return.

Which wing does dropuvei play on?

Fortunately for us McLennan is borderline stupid. Not that it will matter against us if Hurrell is out, but he has been playing Vatuvei on the left with a backrower in Ben Henry as his centre, whilst Bill Naff Tupou is outside Hurrell. Vatuvei wont see much ball outside Henry, and what he does see will be dropped half the time. The other half he'll go into touch.

That's not the main danger though -- Feleti Mateo is. Shut down his offloads will be key. If Mateo offloads at will we will lose.

Matulino has been almost as effective this season in Warriors wins as Mateo with the second phase stuff, very very underrated front rower.

That's not the main danger though -- Feleti Mateo is. Shut down his offloads will be key. If Mateo offloads at will we will lose.

Yes, and that is pretty much the role Gillett should have in the Broncos. Mind you, I don't think the Warriors are stupid to ignore Parker's Origin 3 performance either.

Support play is is the key. Without it, off loading is means nothing

Matulino has been almost as effective this season in Warriors wins as Mateo with the second phase stuff, very very underrated front rower.

He he. I dont need to remind you for what he did to Thaiday that night.

Courier Mail reporting that Glenn or Te'o maybe selected at centre for this game.

Courier Mail reporting that Glenn or Te'o maybe selected at centre for this game.

On FoxSports Glenn was interviewed and he sounded like he was going to be the one.

I wouldn't mind that actually, he has much better footwork than T'eo and also has a bit of pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• mrslong
  • Browny
  • Fozz
  • theshed
  • lynx000
  • Broncorob
  • Old Mate
  • ivanhungryjak
  • RolledOates
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skathen
  • Justwin
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Wild Horse
  • Wolfie
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Bongo
  • bb_gun
  • Manlyman
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.