Round 19 - Broncos vs Warriors - Post Match Discussion

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
How is an increase in Kiwis going to hurt Australia? Maybe answer that in a thread in General Talk. I'm curious.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
How is an increase in Kiwis going to hurt Australia? Maybe answer that in a thread in General Talk. I'm curious.

No taragos left for the Aussies bro

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008

I am keenly awaiting. If such a thread is created I will buy popcorn on my way home after work.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008

Given it's Hammo, such an answer probably belongs in the State of Origin thread, no?

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Given I haven't watched the replay yet and had one or two ales Friday night;

Wet weather football hasn't seen a better game for a long time. Some of the handling was terrific (even Manu hung on to most that came his way)

Once again you can put the win down to the forwards. Really aggressive and didn't take a backward step against the big Warriors pack. McGuire and Parker were outstanding.

Thought maybe Corey Norman was going to silence his critics after the neat little grubber to score his try. Unfortunately that was his one and only highlight as he was hardly seen again. This young man has to believe in himself more and take control of his backline. God knows Peter Wallace can't do it.

It shows how inept our outside backs are becoming when the likes of Alex Glenn and Teo find themselves there and perform well..... if not better than the regulars.

Shame about Dale Copley.......he was starting to cement his spot in 1st grade with improved performances week after week.

Thought Gillett showed improvement....still not as potent as he was earlier in the season.

Ben Hunt again looked the goods in his limited game time.

I haven't said it on this forum but this is what I would like to see in the next few games leading up to the semis.

1. Hoffman
6. Norman
7. Hunt
9. McCullough

14. Wallace

I am still positive that Wallace is confusing Norman and for that matter confusing most of his team mates with some of his really poor options. Give Hunt more time on the field and more importantly more time playing with Norman....... Brisbane will see the rewards. Hunt can find the gaps and Hoffman will learn to follow him. Hoffman should also be sitting in Parkers back pocket. Corey's off loads have become consistent and high quality.

Wallace is a number 9. He can support both Mc and Hunt in game time.

Anyway......it was a good win. The last quarter of the game was played at a SOO pace and you could see the Broncos forwards lifting their intensity.

Unfortunately IMO, the backs will be what lets us down against the better teams in the race to the semi finals or once we get there. A semi final finish is looming, unfortunately that's where it's looking like it will end.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
I'm reluctant to bag our centres when they get nothing from the inside. The space is there but there is little intention from the game plan to use it. Even when the ball goes wide it gets as far as the backrower then the centre runs from dummy half, that's our game and has been all year. It's too conservative to win a comp IMO.

We should be looking to emulate how Manly use G Stewart, and let one of our backrowers play some footy when it's on.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
The funny part is that against the Sharks, Wallace got absolutely smashed by everyone for butchering a certain try by taking the wrong option of passing to Macca after a line break, when he was surrounded by Sharks players.

Yesterday, Hunt did exactly the same, by passing the ball to Wallace who was also surrounded by Warriors players, intead of passing the ball to the left, where Hoffman (IIRC) had a multi-lane freeway open to the try line. Yet Wallace cops the brunt of the criticism!

One eyed much? :bored:

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
The funny part is that against the Sharks, Wallace got absolutely smashed by everyone for butchering a certain try by taking the wrong option of passing to Macca after a line break, when he was surrounded by Sharks players.

Yesterday, Hunt did exactly the same, by passing the ball to Wallace who was also surrounded by Warriors players, intead of passing the ball to the left, where Hoffman (IIRC) had a multi-lane freeway open to the try line. Yet Wallace cops the brunt of the criticism!

IMO Hunt's decision was worse. Wallace had no other option to pass to, it was either pass to someone in traffic or take the tackle. he should've taken the tackle.

The only possible excuse Hunt has is if Hoffman wasn't calling for it and thus he didn't know he was there. he certainly never looked to the left at all.

All that aside, Wallace has been disgraceful the last 2 games and really needs to pick his game up or the Broncos are shot.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Left or right......that mistake can be made. At least Hunt had on both sides a player who was in a position to catch the ball.

Wallace a couple weeks back threw a no hoper......in desperation, to a never going to get there McCullough.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Wallace should've grubbered to the right edge, where he had 2 Broncos players ready to pounce and no Shark in the neighbourhood.
Hunt's pass was worse for the reasons Coxy mentioned, as Hoffman had no one in his way, while Wallace was as much hope as Macca to get there...

Regardless, yes Wallace hasn't been good (particularly the Sharks game was bad in his decision making), but no worse than any of the other ball players, except Macca, who was very good Friday night! Norman, Hunt and Hoffman have been equally uninspired...

Which leads me back to the thought Coxy expressed before about Hook's attacking coaching...

OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008
I've been really dissapointed in Hoffman this year. During his first couple of years, I thought he could be anything. Now I just think he can be anything but good.

anzac7

anzac7

NYC Player
Sep 25, 2011
I was amazed at how much support the Warriors had last night, it would have felt like a home game for them.

EXACTLY ! LOL! I know there are a lot of Warrior fans that show up when they play in Brisbane .. but at one stage I was almost certain I heard a loud 'BOOO' when Parker was lining up to take a goal .. had to try re-think about which stadium they were actually playing in.

Good effort, was on the edge of my seat for a lot of it and a great outcome. Dodds almost gave away some silly penalties but I must say, I had never realised how big he is before.. played with a lot of passion too.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Hasnt anyone told you? Everything is wallaces fault on thus forum. Apparently he is responsible for the GFC and the halocaust as well

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Hasnt anyone told you? Everything is wallaces fault on thus forum. Apparently he is responsible for the GFC and the halocaust as well

Well.......where should the team look for direction with the ball in their hands?

The 20 yr old 5/8 or the representative veteran halfback inside him.

Feel free to prove me wrong Peter....

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
B4l is Wallace? I feel like such a douchebag now, you're my favourite player bud.

Unread

Active Now

• kman
  • Aldo
  • BooKhaki
  • Bucking Beads
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bronco bob
  • Big Del
  • Tim K
  • mitch222
  • johnny plath
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Manofoneway
  • Allo
  • Wolfie
  • HarryAllan7
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.