Round 19 - Broncos vs Warriors - Post Match Discussion

I dunno about Barba, I thought he was ordinary. BUT I'd keep him there because I wanted Milford at fullback.

Hunt was excellent, Copley and Maranta too. Hoffman was good in defence, and needs to just play in support instead of ball playing.

In the forwards, Hannant was clearly the best IMO, really stood up to the Warriors pack. Parker was pretty good, huge number of offloads again (18 in the last 3 matches), some dumb errors though.

Thaiday is massively overrated. I dunno what excuse people can keep using for him, he didn't even pass much or well tonight.

That was a better win than Manly. Just an amazing effort to come back from the first 10 minutes. I can't split Maranta and Copley for MOTM.

Maranta and Kahu were outstanding. I'm a Griffin supporter but if they are dropped next week after a performance like that, he has lost all support from me. This is line in the sand stuff, now.

Too many great individual performances to pick a MOTM. Bye-Bye to Jack Reed, if Griffin doesn't name Copley at left-centre next week I will lose my shit. Barba to 5/8 and Hoffy to fullback for the rest of the season please and thank-you and re-sign Ben Hunt ASAP.

Great win, hopefully that confidence carries into our tough run home!

Very happy with that win except for the 3 soft tries we leaked at the start of each half. I'd put Hannant as MotM

Also I loved seeing hodges roaming around both sides. Loved see Barba try to do something, loved Copley, loved Maranta!

Some very good efforts from the boys tonight. The backline shuffle worked out nicely, and Hunt pulled the strings as we needed him to.

I know Copley killed it in attack, and Maranta was superb in defence, but have to give mad props (pun intended) to Parker (166m, 37 tackles, 5 offloads) and Hannant (144m, 44 tackles, and a try). Absolute pillars of strength, and damn it was good to see the fire in Ben's eyes when he crashed over.

What everyone else said regarding positions. I much preferred McGuire & Hannant starting. When Gillett comes back, I think Thaiday needs to be benched. Has he played any game (not for Qld) since 2011 where he hasn't screwed up a play the ball trying to milk it, and given at least 2 stupid soft penalties?

When Gillett comes back, I think Thaiday needs to be benched. Has he played any game (not for Qld) since 2011 where he hasn't screwed up a play the ball trying to milk it, and given at least 2 stupid soft penalties

Amen. He made some crucial tackles at the end there, but he's cruelled our momentum so much in recent times.

I think his ferocity would work well off the bench, and he's less likely to knock on in the play the ball (less pressure when fresh against tiring defence).

Last edited:
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.