PRE-GAME [Round 2, 2024] Broncos vs Rabbitohs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
Willison is probably the best choice but is he up to playing an entire season? Rather have him firing for the end of the year.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
TBH I think he's better off getting big minutes in Q Cup then 15-20 off the bench in the NRL.

ChewThePhatt

ChewThePhatt

NRL Player
Contributor
Dec 28, 2015
Expecting a big game at Suncorp from these two. Can't wait!

100% with you!

Really looking forward to this game.

Especially as I'll be there live with my Son...

Thank you to @Nashy & BHQ for the free tickets!!!

Living the dream & can't wait...
Pop Tv Sarcasm GIF by Schitt's Creek

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Alright let's look at the head to head which I forgot to do for round 1 (and again trying to be as unbiased as possible, read harsh on our team):

1. Mitchell (Souths)
2. Arthars (Broncos)
3. Staggs (Broncos)
4. Cobbo (Broncos)
5. Johnston (Souths)
6. Walker (Souths)
7. Reynolds (Broncos)
8. Tatola (Souths)
9. Cook (Souths)
10. Haas (Broncos)
11. Koloamatagi (Souths)
12. Riki (Broncos)
13. Murray (Souths)

14. Havili (Souths)
15. Hetherington (Broncos)
16. Taupau (Broncos)
17. Burgess (Souths)

So I have it 9 - 8 to Souths but again, I am being harsh on our team. In any case, Souths match up very well with us and ultimately, it is coming down to the spine.

Broncosgirl

Broncosgirl

Deep in the Heart of Queensland
Contributor
Nov 9, 2022
100% with you!

Really looking forward to this game.

Especially as I'll be there live with my Son...

Thank you to @Nashy & BHQ for the free tickets!!!

Living the dream & can't wait...
Pop Tv Sarcasm GIF by Schitt's Creek's Creek
Have fun, and stay safe!

Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
Alright let's look at the head to head which I forgot to do for round 1 (and again trying to be as unbiased as possible, read harsh on our team):

1. Mitchell (Souths)
2. Arthars (Broncos)
3. Staggs (Broncos)
4. Cobbo (Broncos)
5. Johnston (Souths)
6. Walker (Souths)
7. Reynolds (Broncos)
8. Tatola (Souths)
9. Cook (Souths)
10. Haas (Broncos)
11. Koloamatagi (Souths)
12. Riki (Broncos)
13. Murray (Souths)

14. Havili (Souths)
15. Hetherington (Broncos)
16. Taupau (Broncos)
17. Burgess (Souths)

So I have it 9 - 8 to Souths but again, I am being harsh on our team. In any case, Souths match up very well with us and ultimately, it is coming down to the spine.

1 and 6 are just wrong! I'm kind of expecting us to blow them out of the park in the 2nd half.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Come on guys, read the post, the explanation is right there.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Against the Roosters Jesse made the most metres out of the Broncos with 193 and just behind Tedesco, above any other Roosters player. Mariner made 121 metres.

Making meters and making tough meters though are two different things. Arthars generally doesnt make the tough meters when we are under a lot of pressure physically like Oates does, but his extra speed and agility makes him meters Corey wont make.

I still personally dont put too much weight in the statistics of backs making meters anyway because you could have a winger do very little all game but take 2 or 3 long runs and they are up over 200 meters.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
I think its time to start talking about Staggs. A centre on 700k a year who provides absolutely nothing in attack anymore. How do we get the best out of him? He looks the least dangerous of all our backs running
I thought he was good in d last week: he shut down a number of dangerous backline movements. He just played for Aus as well. I don’t think his salary is too bad with the way the cap is moving. That said, I’d sooner lose him than cobbo if it came down to it.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Making meters and making tough meters though are two different things. Arthars generally doesnt make the tough meters when we are under a lot of pressure physically like Oates does, but his extra speed and agility makes him meters Corey wont make.

I still personally dont put too much weight in the statistics of backs making meters anyway because you could have a winger do very little all game but take 2 or 3 long runs and they are up over 200 meters.
Different wingers make different metres yes, but getting out trouble deep in your own half isn't restricted or only produced by just making tough metres, speed and agility can be a real asset especially if they are heavily involved coming into dummy half and running to get momentum like Jesse and other wingers do.

Even more so if your excellent under the high ball or on kick returns and can turn that into a lot of metres when your side is struggling to make metres in your own half. He doesn't always make big metres, but that doesn't mean the metres he makes aren't valuable.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
I thought he was good in d last week: he shut down a number of dangerous backline movements. He just played for Aus as well. I don’t think his salary is too bad with the way the cap is moving. That said, I’d sooner lose him than cobbo if it came down to it.

You've got to understand something very important here, when a forum member goes on a tear about one of our players, it's only ever relative to his last game.

He will have a good game and people will find a new bloke to get stuck into, that's how it works around here.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020

It'll be nice to see Walsh try and do a few hard runs now and then too.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I think its time to start talking about Staggs. A centre on 700k a year who provides absolutely nothing in attack anymore. How do we get the best out of him? He looks the least dangerous of all our backs running

13 tries last season with 7 try assists, 14 linebreaks (top 5 for centres) and averaging 117 run metres a game.

Pretty good for someone who "provides absolutely nothing in attack".

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
You've got to understand something very important here, when a forum member goes on a tear about one of our players, it's only ever relative to his last game.

He will have a good game and people will find a new bloke to get stuck into, that's how it works around here.
Staggs was awesome for us last year. I don't know what people are going on about when they say he doesn't bring much in attack. A bulk of our highlights are from or involve him. He's a long term Bronco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Bucking Beads
  • Cavalo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.