Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Speaking of statues, someone put a piece of Devon on the back of Cam Smith's statues head. Outstanding

FB IMG 1616377895147

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
But seriously, does the body corporate fees for that place also go to Fifita? (I jest)
I suppose I'm chipping in. I hope rugby league in QLD is strong and strong clubs helps. If it comes to game day though, **** the Titans😉oh and Fifita too

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010

How true...even from him.

Just as a reference,

Milford is the half with the most missed tackles this season (after 2 rounds) with 12.
Tied with defensive partner Riki who also has 12 (as does Coen Hess).
Ash Taylor and Chad Townsend are the next highest halves with 10 each.
Hughes follows them on 9.

Croft has totalled 3 missed which puts him outside the top 50 worst offenders (poor choice of words) so far. 9 regular halves are in the top 50 with names such as Foran, DCE, Munster, and Flannigan.

Impressively, Dearden is yet to miss a tackle in the NRL this season.

Last edited:
Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Just as a reference,

Milford is the half with the most missed tackles this season (after 2 rounds) with 12.
Tied with defensive partner Riki who also has 12 (as does Coen Hess).
Ash Taylor and Chad Townsend are the next highest halves with 10 each.
Hughes follows them on 9.

Croft has totalled 3 missed which puts him outside the top 50 worst offenders (poor choice of words) so far. 9 regular halves are in the top 50 with names such as Foran, DCE, Munster, and Flannigan.

Impressively, Dearden is yet to miss a tackle in the NRL this season.
So, could we conclude from these stats that at least his defence is in order?

Where does Croft rank in the other stats? Things like tackle busts, try assists etc? The offensive side of the game?

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010

Where does Croft rank in the other stats? Things like tackle busts, try assists etc? The offensive side of the game?
It’s a very small sample size but yes, so far this season you could conclude Croft is defending well, especially considering the reputation his team has for defence.

As far as attack:
Croft has 2 line breaks to Milford’s 1 (Croft is tied with Cleary and Keary - no other half has more than 2)

Miflord engaged the line 10 times (ranked 9th) Croft tied with Moses at 13th with 8 times.

Try assists: Milford tied 7th with 2.
Croft tied 18th (along with half the comp) with 1 try assist.

line break assists: Milf 2 / Croft 1. Both in the top 50 (Manu has the most with 4)

Tackle breaks, Isaako is 5th with 13.

But really most these stats have very little in it after 2 games. There are 10 or so players tied at number. Croft definitely hasn’t been terrible statistically. I think he’s played well but has made a few dumb decisions or blunders - as have most the team.

Last edited:
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

try assists: 1 (=18th)
line break assists: 2 (=7th)
tackle breaks (not sure but outside the top 50 ... Isaako is 5th)

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
It’s a very small sample size but yes, so far this season you could conclude Croft is defending well, especially considering the reputation his team has for defence.

As far as attack:
Croft has 2 line breaks to Milford’s 1 (Croft is tied with Cleary and Keary - no other half has more than 2)

Miflord engaged the line 10 times (ranked 9th) Croft tied with Moses at 13th with 8 times.

Try assists: Milford tied 7th with 2.
Croft tied 18th (along with half the comp) with 1 try assist.

line break assists: Milf 2 / Croft 1. Both in the top 50 (Manu has the most with 4)

Tackle breaks, Isaako is 5th with 13.

But really most these stats have very little in it after 2 games. There are 10 or so players tied at number. Croft definitely hasn’t been terrible statistically. I think he’s played well but has made a few dumb decisions or blunders - as have most the team.
Cheers. Thanks for taking the time. Would you agree then that no reasonable person could conclude Croft had 'a shocker' or that he deserves to be dropped? I mean the sats clearly show he has gone at least average and it could easily be argued he's gone pretty well so far.

It's funny how so many posters on here simply do not really watch a game. It's like they decide beforehand if a player is poor and somehow ONLY see the one error their target makes and bingo, player X was shocking. They completely gloss over anything good, in fact it simply doesn't register with some.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
The issue with Croft is that he's a limited player who doesn't possess a quality passing or kicking game. He doesn't have great vision either and he goes in and out of games very quickly. He's a very similar type of player to Ben Hunt where his best asset is his show and go, outside of that he doesn't bring a lot to the table and he's not the game managing halfback he's touted as. The stats are misleading as well, his one try assist was off a miss kick to Coates that took a fantastic finish from Niu to create.

Isaako is criticised for playing too much like Josh Hoffman. Which is to say he doesn't involve himself enough in the attack inside the opposition half. His positioning at times is really poor and he just doesn't create enough doubt in the opposition's defensive structures. It doesn't help either that he's got a mistake in him at the back and he came up with two very costly mistakes. His numbers look better because he came up with some good runs during the dying stages of a dead game.

I don't think anybody played well enough last week. A couple of rookies had their best performance in first grade, but even then you wouldn't accept those performances from quality first grade players.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Cheers. Thanks for taking the time. Would you agree then that no reasonable person could conclude Croft had 'a shocker' or that he deserves to be dropped? I mean the sats clearly show he has gone at least average and it could easily be argued he's gone pretty well so far.

It's funny how so many posters on here simply do not really watch a game. It's like they decide beforehand if a player is poor and somehow ONLY see the one error their target makes and bingo, player X was shocking. They completely gloss over anything good, in fact it simply doesn't register with some.

in response to Croft:

I thought he was good in round 1;

I thought he was pretty good for the first 30 mins of round 2; but went missing at half time when we needed him.

shocker is the wrong word though

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
in response to Croft:

I thought he was good in round 1;

I thought he was pretty good for the first 30 mins of round 2; but went missing at half time when we needed him.

shocker is the wrong word though
It wasn't a great night for handling, it was as still and humid as it gets and both teams had 31 errors I believe. Everyone out on the field were sweating profusely. It's hard being optimistic when we've lost 13 straight but the 21 team is different in the sense that they're not folding. I still think we can start winning again. I can see us going a bit better when Haas returns. Bloody log has let the team down. He owes.

bronx89

bronx89

QCup Player
Nov 20, 2014
View attachment 11923
Forget Nigeria, I put some of my money right here in QLD, at Kirra Beach on the Gold Coast. A mere $1,000,000 in this property. I'll try not to worry about the $80. Perhaps next time Mum and Dad take you down to this beach you can turn round and wave up to me, couple floors below the penthouse, directly out front.
View attachment 11923
Forget Nigeria, I put some of my money right here in QLD, at Kirra Beach on the Gold Coast. A mere $1,000,000 in this property. I'll try not to worry about the $80. Perhaps next time Mum and Dad take you down to this beach you can turn round and wave up to me, couple floors below the penthouse, directly out front.
You got a real photo of this or just a computer generated image ??

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Johnny92
  • Alec
  • Broncorob
  • Waynesaurus
  • Harry Sack
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrRobot
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Shane Tronc
  • rj9
  • leon.bott
  • Jazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.