Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I can't think of a funnier one that's happened this year. That one pretty much tops them all.

He almost had it...
How about Ese'Ese in one of the early rounds. Melbourne? Cowboys?

Recently also one of the Burgess twins lining up Granville with a grin and losing it cold.

I think Pearson could be out of the side next week. There was a period in that first half where it wasn't exactly his best.

Milford played the ball and Pearson just stood there taking forever to grab the ball and Milford got up him for it, then when Pearson was tackled he took forever to get up to play the ball and Milford got up him for that as well.

Then when Bulldogs got the ball back, he comes in on Kasiano and knocks down an offload which gave them six more, then when Reynolds put a kick over the top for Montoya, he knocks it out instead of just grabbing it.

Then you have that bombed try and the Montoya and Stanley try.

Yep....he didn't look first grade standard. Played like a dumb ass most of the night......can't wait for Oates to get well.

I just wish Milford was there as well - he seemed to be dogging it behind the ruck when the break occurred.
I noticed this too. 2015 Milf would of been there in a flash. Support play is what he should be basing his game on IMO. In 2015 he was popping up and buzzing around all over the place and his support play was second to none.

Since then though, he seems to be solely focusing on getting in the right place for the next play and his support play has gone out the window. I love the little bloke but he still seems to be just missing something that he had in 2015 and the start of 2016. I have a fear his natural-ness (if that's a word) as a footballer is getting coached out of him.

I noticed this too. 2015 Milf would of been there in a flash. Support play is what he should be basing his game on IMO. In 2015 he was popping up and buzzing around all over the place and his support play was second to none.

Since then though, he seems to be solely focusing on getting in the right place for the next play and his support play has gone out the window. I love the little bloke but he still seems to be just missing something that he had in 2015 and the start of 2016. I have a fear his natural-ness (if that's a word) as a footballer is getting coached out of him.

Isn't this what people wanted from him, though?

People want him to take more control of a game. That's what he is doing. In 2015/2016, his focus was running and support play. Now that he is focusing more on being the controlling half, he is starting to take a back seat more often to set up for the next play and it seems that's what his instructions are.

Yeah, it's what frustrates me a bit, Broncos trying to turn him into an organiser. One of the most damaging runners in the game a couple of years ago, and we don't see it much anymore.

Problem with Hunt and Milf, they are both trying to be turned into controlling halves. It's taken them away from what they're good at.

Problem with Hunt and Milf, they are both trying to be turned into controlling halves. It's taken them away from what they're good at.

I still can't understand why so many positives from 2015 that got us to the gf haven't been built on but completely shelved altogether. It's a tragedy not seeing Milford making line breaks from support play and running in the open. It was a thing of beauty.

One thing I admire about Moga is that when he makes a mistake he doesn't let it affect his game.

..dont think ol mate even has the situational awareness to take in 'oh i fucked that one up didnt i..'. but he's such a beast it almost compensates.. what i was always hoping from m.seve but on steroids..

I've been so busy, haven't had the chance to do ratings for a while, no idea if you guys like them but hey, why not do it anyway right?

21. KNik - return to the halcyon days of under-20s for Niko. He was fantastic at that level and was just so calm and composed, a trait he continues to exude. He was fantastic last night with his support play and ran the ball back hard, despite getting smashed a few times. A constant menace. 9
2. Pearson - Yes that bombed try was disgraceful but pretty much everything else was quality from this underrated kid. You can see he loves the jersey and that is what you want to see. He had some strong runs throughout the game and every time someone made a long range break, he was the first one there because his support play is really good for a winger. He should have scored another time if not for Moga being Moga. I like this kid, he just has something about him. 5
3. Roberts - What a game again! We need to sign him up as our top priority now. He is more important than Boyd and Kahu simply because of his X-factor. Threatened all night against Newcastle and backed it up here. I still have no idea what knock-on the ref saw late in the game and I would suggest, neither did Jimmy. Please re-sign. 8.5
4. Moga - Goodness me, this guy would be a superstar if he had a football brain. I think he would make a gun second-rower or winger but centre he is not at present. Learn to pass!! If it were a once off fine but it is EVERY game, MULTIPLE times. He makes so many metres and breaks and then proceeds to stuff it all up by not passing or dropping it, EVERY time. The less said about his defense the better, that second try was almost saved by Pearson in a great attempt after a pathetic first effort by Moga. Not sad he is going, he just constantly let's great work down by mind-numbingly stupid decisions. 5
5. Kahu - Just such an important player for us now. His goal-kicking is fantastic and never lets anyone down. He still has the occasional 'what the' moments but none of those in this game which is good. 7
6. Milford - He was good when he needed to be but not much required of him. Some of his kicking was pretty poor and got an early mark but no problem really, just happy to have him back and getting some match fitness. 7
7. Hunt - Typical Hunt really, some amazing moments, some real head-scratchers. Defines his career really when it comes to his inconsistency. Not likely to get any better at that either given his age now. Some of his kicks were just terrible. 6.5
8. Sims - I'm going to say it - pretty much almost pure rubbish. He pulls out a game like he did against Newcastle and backs it up with what? He started so promising this season and has just tailored off. He needs to be dropped, give Fai a go. 2
9. McCullough - Dare I say it, this game from Macca was Smith-like. He looked so much more potent in attack than I have ever seen from him. Those origin camps seem to have helped the guy which is exactly what we want to see. He has improved so much this season and in the words of the great Russell Coight, 'Top Stuff'. He is a very worthy recipient of a full score. 10
10. Blair - What a mixed bag. He does so much work off the ball that benefit this team so much and his offloads are so important for the style we are trying to implement. He was lucky not to be injured in that very early pathetic and dangerous tackle (cannot believe that is a grade 1). Then, brainsnaps by committing a professional foul and getting sent (rightly) for ten minutes. 6
11. Glenn - He was fantastic. He is getting back to last season's form and very pleasing to see AFTER re-signing. He was so good in this game. Some fantastic runs and I love his energy but what I was really impressed with was how well he shut down that left side in defense. There were a few times the Dogs got the ball and could have been a chance of getting away only for Glenn to shut it down before anything could happen. 9
12. Gillett - Strange game from Gillett. He was brilliant in defense as he always is and energetic in attack but his hands do let him down at times. He was clearly (and understandably) getting frustrated at how long he was being held down for in tackles but you've got to just keep going son! 7
13. McGuire - I loved seeing him in a ball-playing lock role instead of the barge forward style he usually employs as it shows he can do both and maybe a sign Wayne wants him (and us as a team) to start mixing it up a little and be a little less predictable? I hope so! The best thing about Josh is that his best and worst games are basically the same, love that. 8

14. Thaiday - I'm sorry @Tom but I actually thought Thaiday wasn't that bad. Sure, he was more veteran-Thaiday as opposed to vintage-Thaiday but he was clearly trying a lot harder and I thought the quality of his work was actually not bad (not great but certainly not bad). I think we will see him start building towards the finals now and at his age and condition, I guess you have to expect him to pace himself. 6
15. Pangai Jr - What a weapon he is becoming! Still have questions marks on his defense and he does need to be careful with his offload selection but love that he has such a good offload in him. The thing I loved the most about an excellent performance was that he was still running really hard late in the game when the result was known and he had had a long stint. 'Top Stuff!' 8
16. Joffa - So glad he has re-signed! He looks like he might finally be starting to realise what he could be. The bench with him and TPJ on it is such a weapon for us. He is starting to become consistent it seems. 8
17. Marshall - Wasn't on for long but he is definitely adding something for us off the bench. That pass for the final try was just sublime. He needs to be in the team come finals time because he brings that freshness, class and composure to the final quarter we often lack with Hunt out there controlling things. Such a good signing. 7

quality post, love the Russ references haha

agree about Sammy. no doubt his output is gradually declining but without parker and hodgo this is a seriously young & inexperienced/damaged side, cant put a price on what he brings to the table. #sammy4PM #Sproj4DeputyPM

What was the official reason Blair was binned for? Well, the official reason is "evening up", I guess, but that was nothing.

He punched the ball out of the oppositions hands just after the ref blew a penalty as a slow down tactic . Pro foul .

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.