Round 22 - Broncos vs Bulldogs - Post Match Discussion

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Great win.

Our forwards really stood up tonight and took it to the Dogs forwards.

Many standouts, but for mine:

3. Hunt
2. Parker
1. Hoffman

Last edited:
Fantastic effort tonight.

Amazing what they can do when Hook takes them off the leash.

Hunt is a superstar.

If Reynolds is charged as he should be, and gets a Grade 1 tripping charge (75 points) and a Grade 1 Kicking charge (200 points), even if he has no carry over points, he will miss 3 games, minimum.

great all round performance. seriously though, our biggest wins this year have been without Hodges. I would hate to see some younger guys get let go to keep Hodges. we have the squad already to win the comp. with Milford and now Bennett arriving I can't see where Boyd is required after tonight's performance

Looking forward to watching the replay. By the sounds of things we may need to replace a few doors in the away dressing room. Awesome.

I'm sure it'll be said that the Dogs were terrible, but it's just relieving to see the boys put a side to the sword like that after so many wins squandered this year.

Also, Ben Hunt is a champion.

As I've said many times Hodges can stall a set with his dummy half runs. However, a player of his class needs to be in the team, just stop him running from dummy half.

I have to say that's the best kicking display from our side in a longtime particularly from Hunt and against a bigger forward pack it's a real advantage to be able to turn them around a lot like we did. I thought our spine really stood up tonight thanks to the efforts of our forwards who stood their ground. A real team performance and great to see.

One of the strange things about RL nowadays is that the game is the 'cleanest' its ever been, yet its never been harder to get sent off or sent to the bin ..

I can't wait for [MENTION=1899]Big Pete[/MENTION] to see the score. He's gonna be pumped!

very proud of them tonight.

Barba has been improving every week at 5/8 and needs to stay there next year (I wanted him there from the start of the season). Milford can stay at fullback.

it was good to see Hunt back to his best ... in fact i think that was his best kicking performance EVER.

Hoffman was great tonight ... he even throw some passes tonight instead of being a ball hogg

Glenn, Gillett and McGuire were all good. some good runs from Kennedy, which was good to see, hopefully he stays there.

Souths have a big pack, so we need a similar game plan as we had tonight. I.e. kicking to the corners (and on some occasions early in the count) to turn their forwards around and tire them out.

EDIT: if Reynolds doesn't get 6 weeks minimum for tonights effort, every one who has anything to do with that JOKE they call the match review committee and that JOKE they call the judiciary need to be FIRED

Last edited:
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.