Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I thought paix was going well too during our winning streak. He was coming on after 20 minutes but slowly Kevvie was giving more time to Billy for some reason. Paix wasn’t as effective after that as he was coming on after half time for some games allowing tiring forwards to have a break.
Other way around I believe.

First game as a pair was Rd 8 vs Sharks and Kevvie gradually increased his minutes basically until he got injured... I think the game against Canberra Reyno copped his shot early or Billy had to jump into the halves at some point through the game (HIA maybe??).

Paix returned in Rd 17 and copped an injury straight after coming on the field (HIA I think?)... then got 40 and 32 mins since coming back again.

I think against Parra and Tiger his entire stints were basically having to defend, but prior to his injury he was getting the majority of the minutes and we were starting to get a really nice hooking combination going... maybe they've sent him back to try and get some confidence going, because he's barely played since injury in Rd 13

The injury in the raiders game really derailed his season... actually that game has pretty well derailed our season given that was when Reynolds picked up his injury from a cheap shot, and it was right at the start of the origin period.

Minutes for Billy and Paix when they play as a pair is below with the highlights

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
The Staggs - Cobbo - Staggs - Cobbo dummy half show was a thing of beauty .

Hoeter did good .
Notice no one is talking about him much ? That is a good thing . Didn`t lose anything compared to Brenko last night .
I rate him, seems to have a great energy. Willing to work and is one of those guy who seems to be over the moon when we score, always around the boys.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Other way around I believe.

First game as a pair was Rd 8 vs Sharks and Kevvie gradually increased his minutes basically until he got injured... I think the game against Canberra Reyno copped his shot early or Billy had to jump into the halves at some point through the game (HIA maybe??).

Paix returned in Rd 17 and copped an injury straight after coming on the field (HIA I think?)... then got 40 and 32 mins since coming back again.

I think against Parra and Tiger his entire stints were basically having to defend, but prior to his injury he was getting the majority of the minutes and we were starting to get a really nice hooking combination going... maybe they've sent him back to try and get some confidence going, because he's barely played since injury in Rd 13

The injury in the raiders game really derailed his season... actually that game has pretty well derailed our season given that was when Reynolds picked up his injury from a cheap shot, and it was right at the start of the origin period.

Minutes for Billy and Paix when they play as a pair is below with the highlights

View attachment 19541
What’s the times that Billy’s staying on for before he comes off though? I feel like he was getting longer stints before paix would come on as the season progressed. I’m sure it’s subjective to how the game was going but from memory paix wasn’t getting on until after half time some games which didn’t seem to really benefit our game.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
Yeah I’m a little lost RE Paix. The club has made it clear Turpin won’t be here next year yet he is in the 17.
Paix is consistently better then Turps imo, combine this with the fact turps won’t be here next year I’ve got no idea why Paix isn’t in the side.
Billy has been doing a solid job, still not a premiership winning 9 so I think that really is the area the club needs to sort out in the off-season.
Also kev, get Gamble back in this side.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Yeah I’m a little lost RE Paix. The club has made it clear Turpin won’t be here next year yet he is in the 17.
Paix is consistently better then Turps imo, combine this with the fact turps won’t be here next year I’ve got no idea why Paix isn’t in the side.
Billy has been doing a solid job, still not a premiership winning 9 so I think that really is the area the club needs to sort out in the off-season.

On what planet is Paix consistently better? is this touchy footy discussion or something? his tackling has been sub-par, Turpin clear has the advantage in that area

I swear some people pickup their phone and give Candy Crush a go when we don't have the ball

Pretty sure Gamble went off injured on the weekend as well

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
On what planet is Paix consistently better? is this touchy footy discussion or something? his tackling has been sub-par, Turpin clear has the advantage in that area

I swear some people pickup their phone and give Candy Crush a go when we don't have the ball

Pretty sure Gamble went off injured on the weekend as well
Through that winning streak we were on, Paix played some good footy. If he is here moving forward and Turps isn’t, I’d have him in the 17.
Defensively turps has always been solid, unfortunately offers nothing in attack.

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
I have this feeling that Kev is attempting to get Turps in the shop window as he also talked up his past efforts for the club in the bad years in recent press conferences. I think Kev feels like we owe him and he hasn't got any offers due to being in cup so he may as well let Paix get right and give Turps a few weeks to keep his career alive.

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
True, but I think we only have to beat the Dragons to make the 8.
Three games to go. Raiders on 24, Brisbane on 28.

if raiders win all three (probable), and we win only the dragons that puts us both on 30.

the p/d is a misnomer atm - raiders winning three will have a probable 60 point impact on theirs. Us losing horribly to the storm puts us at risk

kman

kman

QCup Player
Aug 8, 2021
I can't see Walter's changing anything up for this game, so I'm expecting the same 17 and if we come to play our 17 will get the job done.
As for the Paix situation I'm happy to leave him in Q cup and get his game time up. I personally had a knee injury while playing at young age and they can be quite painful. Let the running come back to his game, but make sure his passing as crisp as can be if we bring him back for Semi.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Defensively turps has always been solid, unfortunately offers nothing in attack.
Right now the question isn't whether our hookers offer nothing in attack but whether they're holding us back. Also if your hooker is racking up a disproportionate number of tackles it might be a sign the rest of the middle isn't carrying its weight. If you're a key part of the attacking structure, you can't afford to expend all your energy on defence. I mean, that's exactly what the opposition want you to do.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
there was a rumour we were chasing Matt parcell awhile back.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Three games to go. Raiders on 24, Brisbane on 28.

if raiders win all three (probable), and we win only the dragons that puts us both on 30.

the p/d is a misnomer atm - raiders winning three will have a probable 60 point impact on theirs. Us losing horribly to the storm puts us at risk

We'll lose most likely but it won't be a flogging. We looked a lot better against Newcastle than many fans are giving us credit for and it isn't a surprise we were clunky, a lot of our guys were just back in or underdone. Suddenly Cobbo returns to form and to an extent so does Reynolds and despite some woefully one-sided refereeing, we still ran out comfortable winners on the back of strong defense. We'll go close this game.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I wonder if Mam's a bit banged up, he's been looking slow coming out of some contact recently. It might not be the worst idea to give him this week off given we are 95% likely to lose simply because our brains can't deal with the Storm jersey. Good to see Gamble is ok after concerns on the weekend too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Dash
  • Bucking Beads
  • Lurker
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.