# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Reynolds has been shit for a while now. Concerning
It is.......but TBH, I don't think ARey has ever been the player to perform consistently at a top level. He hit a purple patch a bit earlier in the year.......

What we are getting now is your typical ARey performance.

He won't ever be "the one" to lead us to a GF.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
It's hard to get mad at the guy who's taken us from crayons to perfume, but we need to get ready for graduation soon.
Forget graduation. Last night felt like we were days late to the ball.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Ditto, although i think Staggs has more potential to turn it around and actually be worth the money he is on.
Still, too little too late, and after the ass whooping we got last night, our highest paid blokes and those demanding more money are the ones that need to be held accountable.

Thing that annoyed me was he just looked like he stopped trying. I dont care if you are the best player or the worst player in the game, you dont throw the towel in.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
It is.......but TBH, I don't think ARey has ever been the player to perform consistently at a top level. He hit a purple patch a bit earlier in the year.......

What we are getting now is your typical ARey performance.

He won't ever be "the one" to lead us to a GF.

I think he could be the one to get us there, but he isnt going to do it on his own. We rushed him back when he wasnt fit and i still dont think he is. Our problem is we are too reliant on him. Mam gets a lot of plaudits for his individual brilliance, but he doesnt take much pressure off him and we dont really have any other viable kicking options.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Payne Haas is the biggest problem on the field in terms of allowing teams to just role up field, he's an absolute pillow defensively.

You could look at his stats on NRL.com and be mistaken in to thinking he's actually got a decent work rate defensively, but it's attrocious.

NRL.com count every single tackle a player makes, including 3rd man in / flops. Fox Sports only count genuine tackles where the player does something to assist in effecting the tackle.

Haas last night -

NRL.com - 22 tackles
Fox Sports - 10 tackles

10 genuine tackles in 52 minutes of football for someone of the calibre of Haas. That's absolutely disgraceful. For reference, that's the lowest count of any Bronco last night outside of the 1, 2, 5 & 7.

Said it last night with him, too much hype and not enough substance. I remember getting told a couple of years ago on here he was going to be the best Broncos prop ever and that he was already close to Webcke, which i disagreed with. He's nowhere near, and he wont ever be anywhere near Shane Webcke.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
The total lack of line speed gets me. Watch all the good teams get up fast and early. We were just standing back waiting for them to come to us. If you fix one thing Kev, fix this.
Especially in the middle. Our edges run up now and then, but we have been so soft un the middle lately.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I think he could be the one to get us there, but he isnt going to do it on his own. We rushed him back when he wasnt fit and i still dont think he is. Our problem is we are too reliant on him. Mam gets a lot of plaudits for his individual brilliance, but he doesnt take much pressure off him and we dont really have any other viable kicking options.
TMM could be an option.

Nerd

Nerd

QCup Player
Sep 27, 2020
If Haas asks for a review at the end of the season the Broncos should agree. When Haas's management ask for a million a season we should counter due to his lack of form we would like to offer him $500 k a season instead.

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
Payne Haas is the biggest problem on the field in terms of allowing teams to just role up field, he's an absolute pillow defensively.

You could look at his stats on NRL.com and be mistaken in to thinking he's actually got a decent work rate defensively, but it's attrocious.

NRL.com count every single tackle a player makes, including 3rd man in / flops. Fox Sports only count genuine tackles where the player does something to assist in effecting the tackle.

Haas last night -

NRL.com - 22 tackles
Fox Sports - 10 tackles

10 genuine tackles in 52 minutes of football for someone of the calibre of Haas. That's absolutely disgraceful. For reference, that's the lowest count of any Bronco last night outside of the 1, 2, 5 & 7.
The biggest scandal here is how Fox and NRL continually disagree with statistics.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I think Kev was loath to say anything last night in the presser as the majority of our (attacking) play comes down to the guy who was sitting next to him. I think maybe he's trying to do too much.

Kevvie seems clueless as to why a team he thought he had prepared well had 60 put on them.

The reason is simple. Our defence, or lack of is frikkin woeful. Watch how Storm get three in the tackle every-time almost and slow the ruck down. Then watch how they attack where their play the ball is almost touch footy. We just failed to make effective tackles. If we can't get that basic right so far into the season there is something badly wrong with our systems.

I'm not even angry this morning, I'm more disillusioned. WTF have they been 'building' to if we're losing 60 at home so late in the season?
I keep harping on about hyperspeed 5th tackle plays and last night was more of the same. Go too fast and finer control is compromised. We need a slower end to our sets IF we are just finishing a yardage set. Obviously if we're rolling and they're back-pedalling we go go go BUT most of our sets are yardage type and we need Reno and the team to rehearse a hyper controlled and not hyperspeed finish.

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
I keep harping on about hyperspeed 5th tackle plays and last night was more of the same. Go too fast and finer control is compromised. We need a slower end to our sets IF we are just finishing a yardage set. Obviously if we're rolling and they're back-pedalling we go go go BUT most of our sets are yardage type and we need Reno and the team to rehearse a hyper controlled and not hyperspeed finish.
Panic does weird things

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
We played pretty well against the Eels. So we know we can do it. Defend I mean. Downhill since then. Alarmingly so. So how's the dressing room these days?

I mean look at our backs : Reynolds - Mam - Staggs - Cobbo with TMM lurking around the back. Killer combo. I can only imagine what that group would achieve with intelligent coaching.

I think Kevvie is out of his depth at this level. And yes, next week will tell a lot.

ozzball

ozzball

QCup Player
Mar 17, 2013
Maybe we massively underestimate the importance of Paddy Carrigan and what he brings to the on-field performance, both with and without the ball. Haas appears to be on "tick-over" until seasons-end and the whole contract circus kicks in ... wouldn't be sorry to see the back of him

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Love Oatesy. So raw and you can tell how much he loves the club:

I don't think I've ever seen the bloke so upset after a game. He was absolutely shattered. For a bloke who loves to talk to be lost for words like that...can tell it cut deep.

Hope they're all hurting. Use it against the Eels in a few days' time lads.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Love Oatesy. So raw and you can tell how much he loves the club:

Lol

about that kev....

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
With an even playing field we still wouldn't win, but the 60 points is not on our players, it's on the refs.

I'll get bagged for this, fair enough, but it's the same bullshit that we copped in Origin II. They ran away with it and we **appeared** to give up because we were utterly exhausted.

Coates clearly knocks on when the replay was shown for the Captains Challenge. Call it incompetence, call it deliberate rorting, it doesn't matter, it shouldn't happen but it does in front of our eyes and we are expected to accept it. Instead of building pressure, not necessarily scoring but at the very least making them tackle and fatiguing them, they are undeservedly marched up the field.

We are given a 15 metre "10" and then we wonder why we have no line speed. We have to run an extra 10 metres PER PLAY so not only are we barely getting back the 10 (15) in time for the next play, it is impossible to have line speed. We fatigue quickly and easily concede metres. At the game, you will see this if you look, but you can't see it on the TV unless you see where the ruck is and then see where the ref is holding the line once the play moves to a point the camera shows it.

They are allowed a short 10 so of course they have an aggressive line speed, and yet they still leave early (granted, not Panthers early) and we have no momentum or space. We kick from in our 40 while they kick near our own 20 almost every set.

When the game is still a contest, Coates knocks it on again. It is not called. We are already fatigued and yet we are denied an opportunity to get them to do some tackling. It is no wonder they are able to get massive minutes from a 120kg prop out on the edges, he has not been fatigued and he is able to run riot, and the fact that Bellamy had the arrogance to play him there suggests that he know his team are going to get the refs favour when it comes to possession and field position.

They have literally twice as much ball as us, they have all the field position, I didn't see a single player of ours give up last night, I was them desperately trying to compete against an opposition that have a full tank of fuel while we are on fumes.

Reynolds can do zero in a situation like last night. Errors like not finding touch are unforgivable, we know this, but if people think he may have lost his spark, consider how well looked after Souths were by the NRL, and the absolute shit that they routinely spit at us, can you blame him? He's not dumb, neither is Ikin or Walters, so they can't say anything publicly or give the players excuses, but you sure as **** know that behind the scenes they are seething.
TLDR

Active Now

• Dash
  • Santa
  • Alec
  • broncos4life
  • Ondi
  • Mr Fourex
  • Sproj
  • The Don
  • Fozz
  • davidp
  • Harry Sack
  • kman
  • Allo
  • Evander
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.