POST GAME [Round 24, 2021] Sharks vs Broncos

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Brisbane just lost their way both sides of half-time and that's where they lost it. Cronulla minus some key strike players weren't good enough to put Brisbane away so they kicked for corners and tucked the ball.

Some good footy from Brisbane to try and make a game of it, but that 14 point deficit just allowed the Sharks to maintain their composure.

Some good signs but also a few rookie errors and indecisiveness as you'd expect from a team that's had 37 players represent the club in one season.

E

Evander

NYC Player
Apr 6, 2021
10 points down, 2 sin bins, 1 bullshit try, countless penalties and 6 again sets. Im proud of this team. But the NRL, refs and bunkers have lost the plot it’s an absolute shamble at the moment. 3 weeks in a row they’ve tried to **** us. Getting abit angry now

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Payne Haas, what a player.

19 runs, 250m
25 tackles 0 missed
10 tackle breaks, next closest, 5.
112 PCM, more than any other forward on our team made in total metres
0 errors

Such a freak of a player, hoping on hope he signs that extension. He's a once in a generation forward.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
It’s still a case of 1 step forward 2 steps back for this team. I still don’t understand the piakura sin bin... at worst it’s a penalty but really it’s play on in my books. JT copped that stuff all the time

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
Flegler. Like having all the worst bits of Sammy and moose boiled down. Been what 3 seasons? At what point do you just call him the definition of rocks and diamonds
I think all the praise through the week went to his head. He's a bloody good footballer but we need him to just do his job. Looked like he was trying to be a hitman today. I like a bit of aggression but today's rules don't reward a player like that. Go back to what you were doing. It was working.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Payne Haas, what a player.

19 runs, 250m
25 tackles 0 missed
10 tackle breaks, next closest, 5.
112 PCM, more than any other forward on our team made in total metres
0 errors

Such an freak of a player, hoping on hope he signs that extension. He's a once in a generation forward.
Easily the best prop the Broncos have had at his age, potential to be the best ever period both for the club or the game in general.

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
I dont care what anyone says, I like Flegler and what he brings as a FRF. He is only going to keep improving.

Would be even better if we could run him off the bench in tandem with Haas, but we are lacking quality middles rotation.

I'm not usually overly optimistic about us after losses, but i've seen enough last few weeks to think that a fit roster and Reyno/Capewell and we can definitely win more games than we lose.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Will upgrade my membership. We’re back, boys
I've been a member for nearly 10 years...

I will not be renewing... here's why...

1. Where does the money go? To shareholders and NRL
2. What advantage does my support provide? Nothing, not one thing
3. Will it help my team/club improve by buying new players? No
4. With the new Brisbane team coming in does anyone SERIOUSLY think we will get the "luck/50-50/dubious" decisions go our wa ty over the next 3-4 years whilst the NRL thinks the new team needs new supporters (that are unable to be taken off the titans as they are borderline)?

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Barely got a call all night and when we did it was an intentional infringement on play 1 from Cronulla

2 sin bins, competed hard all night..

Plenty to like, Cronulla are dog shit and Melbourne could probably wheel out their reserves next week and still beat them

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
20 minutes with one less player and a lack of polish (potentially due to fatigue) definitely killed us.

Have been banging on about it for about a month now, I’m super excited about Cobbo.

He is building very nicely, looks like he is going to be some player!!
Didn't realise he was that quick. He's decent.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

4. With the new Brisbane team coming in does anyone SERIOUSLY think we will get the "luck/50-50/dubious" decisions go our wa ty over the next 3-4 years whilst the NRL thinks the new team needs new supporters (that are unable to be taken off the titans as they are borderline)?
That's sad, Karl Morris might only be able to afford a $16M dollar house next time, and it would be all on you.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
If only we had a well rehearsed strategy for dealing with playing with 12 players. Might even have been able to cut down Cronulla's possession time by half ...if we had a plan.
Heck, they might not have had time to score twice...if we had a plan. Some good signs though. 6 out of 10

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008

sci-fi signs GIF

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
Fkn Fleggler. I feel he is never going to learn.
Cobbo looks like he will be something. Look big fast and strong.
Niu was good with his support plays.
It really is a pity that Milford looks to finally playing some type of form. Had he shown this earlier on in the year I would have been happy if we offered him 1yr in the 14.
2022 looking good though. Mark that down as another win had we had Reynolds.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Niu's attack is better than I thought it would be, however someone really needs to help him develop with his ball playing. Broncos really need a fullback who knows how to draw and pass, Niu seems more like the type of guy who wants to run around them and once he runs out of space he just goes "**** it" and passes then.

Active Now

• Volvo Driver
  • Big Del
  • Dash
  • Allo
  • Broncorob
  • Kev_Guz
  • Jedhead
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Bronx48
  • Lostboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.