POST GAME [Round 24, 2021] Sharks vs Broncos

problem i have with it is the first point of contact was chest on shoulder,when you hit someone that way there head is always going to go forward into the shoulder/arm at most it was a penalty but 10 min in the bin nah not on the same level as the latrell hit on manu.
In hockey they actually brought this clarification in. “First point of contact” was the big deciding factor, acknowledging that physics are still a thing. Hitting someone hard on the chest the head is always going to go forward.

In hockey they actually brought this clarification in. “First point of contact” was the big deciding factor, acknowledging that physics are still a thing. Hitting someone hard on the chest the head is always going to go forward.

Yeah but this is the NRL. The administration couldn't even spell "physics" let alone know what it means.

Stats guys - has anyone else been sat out for 10 this year for a slightly late rib shot on a kicker like Piakura? Geez it was a good hit, in his minutes he left a couple of Sharkies on the ground gasping for breath. It was late, I do accept that, but I'd wager there's comparable hits on kickers in most games that get reported + penalised but not sent for 10?

As others have said...it's the lack of consistency that's killing this game for me and many others I know, rather than any one specific incident.

Yep, and Kevvie said as much. But he likes Tom's aggression, it's just a case of managing his discipline, find the balance, so he doesn't find himself sitting on the sideline a lot. Piakura one he wasn't 100% convinced.

It was nice to hear Kevvie actually state clearly a disagreement with a call.

It was nice to hear Kevvie actually state clearly a disagreement with a call.
I thought it was harsh at the time, but looking back at the tape, it doesn't look great. It actually looks really crappy, and a blight on the game. Tackling late is a **** act. We all hate it. We all hate seeing the other team get away with it.

Not sure he'll only escape with a fine for this. Look where the ball is when he makes contact. He had time to pull out. A week out licking his wounds won't do him any harm.

ScreenScreenshot 2021 08 29 at 09 10 37 Match Highlights Sharks v Broncos

Screenshot 2021 08 29 at 09 11 22 Match Highlights Sharks v Broncos

Honestly almost everyone was at least decent. The result came down to three people. Flegler, Herbie and the Ref. Herbie needs some time out of the team. He isn’t a centre at all. Bloke passed once all game and it was about 3m behind Oates. He isn’t first grade standard. He was also very lazy in defence which lead to a try or two.

I thought it was harsh at the time, but looking back at the tape, it doesn't look great. It actually looks really crappy, and a blight on the game. Tackling late is a **** act. We all hate it. We all hate seeing the other team get away with it.

Not sure he'll only get away with a fine for this. Look where the ball is when he makes contact. He had time to pull out. A week out licking his wounds won't do him any harm.

View attachment 14910

View attachment 14911
When I watched it, it looked like he was not focused on the ball at all. He had stopped looking, was ducking his head before the pass was released. He was well committed to the tackle.

Our team is just dumb. When we were out on our feet, all we needed to do was put a decent kick in and try to get some field position, but we decide to run the ball on the last near the half way line. It's just stupid.

Honestly almost everyone was at least decent. The result came down to three people. Flegler, Herbie and the Ref. Herbie needs some time out of the team. He isn’t a centre at all. Bloke passed once all game and it was about 3m behind Oates. He isn’t first grade standard. He was also very lazy in defence which lead to a try or two.
Oates overran him.

Flegler lost it, and Milford and Kelly put the nail in the coffin with that 10 minutes either side of half time of no 5th tackle options at all.

Not sure he'll only get away with a fine for this. Look where the ball is when he makes contact. He had time to pull out. A week out licking his wounds won't do him any harm.

View attachment 14910

View attachment 14911
Yeah, to be honest, I had no prob with either sin bins. Just dumb play from a couple of young tearaways. As others have said though, the consistency of the calls is what is frustrating. If Flegler's was a sin bin, Ramien's was just as bad if not worse and we got no benefit from it.

Oates overran him.

Flegler lost it, and Milford and Kelly put the nail in the coffin with that 10 minutes either side of half time of no 5th tackle options at all.
A mate of mine claimed this, but I didn't see it. Oates was behind him, if he hits Oates on the chest it's not a forward pass. So I don't know how this could be classed as Oates fault. I'd need to watch it again, Oates had an amazing game, he did so much work.

Oates overran him.

Yeah was a bit disappointed with the halves in that period. We just lost all shape and direction when Flegler was off for some reason. Neither half took it on.

Milf had one of his typical games. Did some great things and looked good for parts, but still has way too much dumb football in him for someone with as many games as him.

A mate of mine claimed this, but I didn't see it. Oates was behind him, if he hits Oates on the chest it's not a forward pass. So I don't know how this could be classed as Oates fault. I'd need to watch it again, Oates had an amazing game, he did so much work.
I thought Oates was slightly in front of where he should have been. It's tough to pass quickly when flat chat, so Oates just needed to give himself a bit more time to help out Herbie. In saying that, the pass missed Oates by a fair way, so that's on Herbie.

Yeah, to be honest, I had no prob with either sin bins. Just dumb play from a couple of young tearaways. As others have said though, the consistency of the calls is what is frustrating. If Flegler's was a sin bin, Ramien's was just as bad if not worse and we got no benefit from it.
I think it's hard for the refs to catch everything, everywhere. Normally their eyes would follow the ball, especially when it's being kicked. They're looking for offside, downtown, forward passes, knock-ons, etc. They would have to glance back to catch every late tackle, or rely on the touchies.

Maybe it's a bit like speeding or drink driving. They don't get you every time, but eventually they will. You know the risk. You don't complain when you get caught that you know someone else who didn't.

I think it's hard for the refs to catch everything, everywhere. Normally their eyes would follow the ball, especially when it's being kicked. They're looking for offside, downtown, forward passes, knock-ons, etc. They would have to glance back to catch every late tackle, or rely on the touchies.

Maybe it's a bit like speeding or drink driving. They don't get you every time, but eventually they will. You know the risk.

part of their job is to catch what the refs miss ... and if all of them miss it then the bunker is now supposed to chime in, and they don't have anything else to do until called on to adjudicate a try.

Hell, if Herbie played for the Roosters then Robinson likely would have had this bunker official sacked for missing the shot on Herbie

part of their job is to catch what the refs miss ... and if all of them miss it then the bunker is now supposed to chime in, and they don't have anything else to do until called on to adjudicate a try
Yeah, that's emerging. We're a little unclear on the bunker. It's still finding its feet. In terms of infringment, the serious penalties are handed down at the judiciary, where they have more time to deliberate and state their cases. Like going to court for DD.

Yeah, that's emerging. We're a little unclear on the bunker. It's still finding its feet. In terms of infringment, the serious penalties are handed down at the judiciary, where they have more time to deliberate and state their cases. Like going to court for DD.

Annersley made it perfectly clear yesterday that the bunker should be picking these things up ... that's why Perenara was dropped

Yeah I said in the live game thread that when he simplified his game to just running hard, finding his front and getting a quick play the ball, he was doing really well.

However, the past several games he is trying to become a ball player. He has been running across field and throwing offloads out the back to noone and other loose passes.

Kennedy just needs to play his role in the team. If he can simplify his game again, he can regain that form.
His defence was just atrocious too:

- caught offside at marker again (was it last week this happened, if not, the week before) which left a yawning gap right up the guts.
- palmed off by the halfback to isolate Niu 1 on 1 which, if memory serves me, was their final try.

Playing short minutes, that’s just not good enough.

His defence was just atrocious too:

- caught offside at marker again (was it last week this happened, if not, the week before) which left a yawning gap right up the guts.
- palmed off by the halfback to isolate Niu 1 on 1 which, if memory serves me, was their final try.

Playing short minutes, that’s just not good enough.
Yeah, he's struggled the last few weeks and was ordinary last night. I'm losing confidence in him a bit.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Wolfie
  • john1420
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • jd87
  • Browny
  • Justwin
  • mrslong
  • Fitzy
  • The Strapper
  • simplythebest
  • Financeguy
  • abashii
  • Xzei
  • sooticus
  • Old Mate
  • Bucking Beads
  • Harry Sack
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Big Del
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.