Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I was hoping we'd have Turpin and Paix this week, just to mix things up a bit. We haven't tried that combination yet.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Just a reminder that James made 1 run for 9 metres last week lol
Against the Knights, Billy made 14 metres from 2 runs, Jake made 13 from 2, Kobe made 70 from 7, while Ryan made 87 from 13. Defence, Ryan made 39 tackles (1 miss), Jake made 25 (1 miss), Billy made 32 (2 misses) and Jordan Riki made 37 (1 miss).

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Against the Knights, Billy made 14 metres from 2 runs, Jake made 13 from 2, Kobe made 70 from 7, while Ryan made 87 from 13. Defence, Ryan made 39 tackles (1 miss), Jake made 25 (1 miss), Billy made 32 (2 misses) and Jordan Riki made 37 (1 miss).
is there a point to be drawn from this seemingly random selection of players and stats?

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Kevin Walters:

“I will back Ezra. I know he can tackle, we’ve seen it in games. I am backing him 100 per cent. To be fair to Ezra, Nelson has done that to a lot of players in his time. Whether he’s playing through the middle or on an edge, like at the moment, he’s been quite damaging. He is a big unit and hard to handle. It’s all about gaining experience for Ezra and the confidence and composure. It’s the first time he’s played against someone that’s 125kg.”​
“There won’t be too many changes, I want to give them all another opportunity. I was disappointed with the result and how it all went, but these guys have been good enough all year to get us into this position. I don’t see a need for change. It’s a little bit of fatigue and tiredness. Defence is all mental. We’ve got to fix that up but we have been saying that for a month now. We’ve been good in patches but not overall. We had a seven-week block where we were really good, but for the rest of it we were a bit up and down.”​

Justin Hodges:

“The Broncos have had a great season so far but this is where the real test comes at this time of the year. I think some of their younger guys are feeling the pinch of a long season, especially with Origin, and I’ve experienced that Origin hangover later in the year. I really hope they make the finals but this game against the Eels will tell us if they can recover in time to make an impact in the playoffs.”​

Trevor Gillmeister:

“I have heard people say that big blokes like Nelson should not be running at Ezra but that’s bullshit. The big blokes used to run at Alf and he used to tackle them. What I have found with the halves though is that when they are tackling well the rest of their game goes through the roof because they are like cocky roosters. They strut around because if their defence is right the rest of their games just flows on. They don’t have to have the same tackling style every time. Attack varies and so can defence. It is a confidence thing, especially with the halves. Defence builds confidence. There is nothing quite like defending for a few sets on your line then saying to the opposition ‘right, time to get on your bike because we are coming down your end’.”​
"just on the edges it looked to me like one of the defenders is coming up and the other one is hovering. That’s like being passive-aggressive. You have to all be doing the same thing. You might get away with it occasionally but not against the Storm. It’s hard to pick one area. The whole team were pretty ordinary the other night.​
“But teams can brush things off pretty quickly these days. A lot of teams had more than 40 points put on them last week. Some of them looked as if they were checked out and waiting for their end-of-season trip but that should not be the case for the Broncos because they are hanging on to a place in the eight.”​

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
Hodges: “The Broncos”

wut

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Revealed by Wally Lewis: Brisbane has an unlikely x-factor:

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
This team is complete rubbish and I honestly can't see us making the 8. Walters seriously shot himself in the foot and I believed he was right for the job but I have lost complete support for him. The side he put up for this weekend game is rubbish and I can't see us winning. How can we play James at starting lock when he shouldn't even be in the 22. How is Kennedy in the 17 with all the stupid errors and penalties he puts on us. Also xcuse the swearing but where the **** is Paix, how is he not even in the 22.

I have lost all faith in our season and I don't think we will be in the top 8, if we are we're out 1st week. Bring on season 2023 for my belief in the Broncos future.
Mostly correct except for the totally incorrect claim about errors and penalties. Aside from that, spot on.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
It's not so bad as everyone is making it seem. Carrigan and Paix (maybe even Herbie) will be back next week and everything will go back to our winning ways. Just gotta get through this week...

Broncos 48 - Eels 0
(James to score a hatrick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • broncsgoat
  • levikaden
  • Wolfie
  • sooticus
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.