The Gabba

Friday
Night
20:00

Eels

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mozer to be our first debutant of the season.

what a tough decision Kevvie has with Riki back.

Piakura has been excellent starting for us in Riki's absence.

but before his injury Riki was having a break out season

we also definitely still need Capes out there

🤔

Kevvie said Herbie should be right next week, was more worried about his cut affecting his good looks.

Let's say Herbie, Jesse and Ezra are out but Riki, Hetherington and Oates back, I'd go (and note, it is likely our 2024 backline):

1. Walsh
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Cobbo
5. Mariner
6. Sailor
7. Reynolds
8. Flegler
9. Walters
10. Haas
11. Capewell
12. Piakura
13. Carrigan

14. Smoothy
15. Hetherington
16. Jensen
17. Riki

I like it .

Might be wise to rest niggling injuries. Sailor into 6, Madden 7. Give Capewell some limited minutes (or game off) with Riki getting some time.

No point chasing the minor prem at the expense of a win.

We have so many players in our top 30 who have stepped us this year (even playing as good or even better then the players they replaced). Its gonna suck come grand final time to pick who gets left out...

Pretty impressive to think we belted the Cows and did it pretty banged up and with Taupau, Hetherington, Oates and Reynolds all to come back in.

I seem to recall some discussion on here earlier on the year that one of the reasons we were doing so well was that we didn't have many outs and were running out the same team week after week. Certainly didn't hurt - but good to know they had the resilience and depth all along to succeed regardless.

It depends what game we want to play. All-out offence? Peeks for sure. Anything else - Riki deserves his spot. His kick chase pressure has been noticeably absent. It's a good headache for Kev to have and allows a bit of flexibility really.
It fully fit Riki definitely deserves to start and is the smarter option. He gets us off to good starts with his immense kick chases and helps win the early arm wrestle. A fresh Piakura’s footwork against tiring defence is a great tactic too. I’d bench Piakura and bring him on for Capewell after 20 minutes or so.

Pretty impressive to think we belted the Cows and did it pretty banged up and with Taupau, Hetherington, Oates and Reynolds all to come back in.
I think Marty has played his last game of the season proper, maybe the year.

The eels have been so bad today. We will be big favourites in this game and we all know what that means. A broncos team that in the past has failed to show up. We owe these guys a big hiding after what they have done to us in the past few seasons. I’d love to beat them by 30+ and end their season.

The eels have been so bad today. We will be big favourites in this game and we all know what that means. A broncos team that in the past has failed to show up. We owe these guys a big hiding after what they have done to us in the past few seasons. I’d love to beat them by 30+ and end their season.
They were so soft on the right hand side, perfect to exploit next week.

Eels have been a constant thorn in our side in Brisbane for ages.

The side needs to be switched on for this one to avoid an ambush.

We'll be fine, Parra's knees will be knocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • bb_gun
  • BroncoFan94
  • Behold
  • Santa
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Hurrijo
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.