10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donald Garner

Donald Garner

NRL Player
Feb 5, 2017
I want to see a couple of things happen this game.

1. We win obviously

2. I'd like to see our passes find their mark a bit more. A few times Kodi through the ball onto the ground and didn't hit his target. In big games we need those to be hitting the guys on the chest.

3. No fade out at whether or not we are infront by 30 or 1! Just can't happen in the big games come finals time!

I see this as a bit of a danger game. On form and on paper we should beat these guys by 30+ but I've got a feeling it will be much closer. Dragons will be playing for that last spot in the 8. We have already made the finals.

Broncos by 10

2ndPhase

2ndPhase

QCup Player
May 1, 2016
it sounds like a few more people are jumping on the Arrow train that @Sproj and myself have been on from the start ... he will be a big loss IMO and one of the few that we will look back on and regret losing.

Last night was the best I'd seen him play. Other games he has made up the numbers, did a job, but hadn't really peaked my interest. Last night I thought he was dominant in his involvements against a descent forward pack.

If we end up loosing Blair I'll be more disappointed we lost Arrow. They both seem to have good motors and can stay busy in the middle. A few guys talking up his attitude and work ethic which sounds like something I thought would be Bennett's go. Curious why he wasn't someone he fought harder to keep.

Last edited:
winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I want to see a couple of things happen this game.

1. We win obviously

2. I'd like to see our passes find their mark a bit more. A few times Kodi through the ball onto the ground and didn't hit his target. In big games we need those to be hitting the guys on the chest.

3. No fade out at whether or not we are infront by 30 or 1! Just can't happen in the big games come finals time!

I see this as a bit of a danger game. On form and on paper we should beat these guys by 30+ but I've got a feeling it will be much closer. Dragons will be playing for that last spot in the 8. We have already made the finals.

Broncos by 10

Did kodi and Milford change sides a lot more against the sharks? Maybe kodi hasn't found his touch yet passing to the left and should be a lot better for this game.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
it sounds like a few more people are jumping on the Arrow train that @Sproj and myself have been on from the start ... he will be a big loss IMO and one of the few that we will look back on and regret losing.

Dont forget me! :D

I still think he has been as good as any of our younger forwards this season.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I'm not entirely sure of the ruling because it very rarely happens, but I do believe we will be down to 12 men for the first 5 minutes of the game because I think Kahu's remaining time in the sin bin carries over into the next game.

I've heard of it happening before, but not entirely sure.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Dont forget me! :D

I still think he has been as good as any of our younger forwards this season.

Better than Pangai? Don't think so.

M

MrTickyM

QCup Player
Oct 3, 2015
I'm not entirely sure of the ruling because it very rarely happens, but I do believe we will be down to 12 men for the first 5 minutes of the game because I think Kahu's remaining time in the sin bin carries over into the next game.

I've never heard of that before. Surely not.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009

No, this has never been a thing. The games done. If you get ten in the bin in the last minute, you're just lucky.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Better than Pangai? Don't think so.

I think he has in his own way. He isnt as spectacular as Pangai, he isnt the impact player Pangai is either, but he does his job in the team quietly and effectively. He was certainly better than Pangai last night. And if you read what i wrote, i didnt say he was better :wave:

Broncos Maestro

Broncos Maestro

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
I've always been on the wagon. All these Johnny come lately wanting to get on the bandwagon.

KnToad

KnToad

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2013
Normally I would agree 100% but I get the feeling Bennett is building the team up for the finals game by game and any relenting will not be tolerated by him. Swap this game with the eels game 2 weeks ago and the dragons would have got the win, but we've had our unexpected loss going in to the finals that makes us realise we need to aim up.. Bennett pulled the forwards aside last week for a rev up at training, that isn't common for him. I not to get excited for premierships throughout a year, especially with the storm playing the way they are, but I'm guessing Bennett can sense something here. He always said 2017 would be the year when he returned......

Bennett seems to be going through some sort of mini personality transplant lately. Smiling and laughing in the coachs box. Having a bit to say to the media outside the usual grunts. Telling other teams what they are doing right and wrong. I know he's the master if media mind games and all but he's normally more blunt in his approach and less inclined to give an insight into his thinking.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Bennett seems to be going through some sort of mini personality transplant lately. Smiling and laughing in the coachs box. Having a bit to say to the media outside the usual grunts. Telling other teams what they are doing right and wrong. I know he's the master if media mind games and all but he's normally more blunt in his approach and less inclined to give an insight into his thinking.

Yeah the huddle he called with the forwards wasn't really him laying down the law, it looked more like a good yarn and morale boosting.

Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014
Looks like thay put a few points on the Titans, did anyone see the game?

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
Looks like thay put a few points on the Titans, did anyone see the game?
Yup, put plenty of points on the tits but the tits made a small comeback in the 2nd half which will be a huge worry for the Dragons, those points were scored way to easily

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Good result for us. Perfect conditions for Merge to stumble into an ambush next week

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
The Titans defense today was appalling, anyone would have put thirty on them. As mentioned, the big concern for the Dragons was how easy the Titans found it to score the few times they held on to the ball for their sets. Make no mistake, the Titans were absolutely putrid, yet they still scored a lot.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
The Titans defense today was appalling, anyone would have put thirty on them. As mentioned, the big concern for the Dragons was how easy the Titans found it to score the few times they held on to the ball for their sets. Make no mistake, the Titans were absolutely putrid, yet they still scored a lot.
And had a couple of tries taken off them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • porouian
  • Strop
  • bazza
  • leon.bott
  • Justwin
  • Fitzy
  • Mister Wright
  • Santa
  • broncoscope
  • Harry Sack
  • Brocko
  • Financeguy
  • Locky24
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.